So about the refs tonight

Einstein

I don't know why but officiating in the NFL is consistently poor.

Most of the time I watch an NFL game I'm irritated by the officiating and feel sorry for at least one of the teams playing.

What really doubles down on their suckitude is when they make a poor call so they then make a poor makeup call... because two bad calls is better than one bad call.

It's too often Super Effin' irritating watching these games.

• Agree 1

Just now, Nelius said:

The offsetting nothing penalties at 3 mins left on prime time with these two teams was rec league weirdness.

There was truly no point other than a new (?) ref crew asserting that they were just there. 

Just pure incompetence. They forgot why they were there. They had no sense of letting the game play out.

Way out of their league. 

• Agree 3

There were garbage call both ways, Epenesa one was the one standing out in a bad way.

Little OT, but I didn't know that that AJE play still counts as a sack. I though that RTP negates the sack in stats.

Or is the reason that he was actually not flagged for RTP, but for unsportsmanlike conduct?

That PI call on Benford when we stopped a 3rd and long was horrific. That's a call that completely changes the course of a game. Virtually no contact, and you give a team down by three a huge bailout to continue a game-winning drive.

The league could fix the officiating, but they repeatedly choose not to. The "waiting to hear what the crew in NY says from upstairs" nonsense is their "solution," but its also the shadiest thing imaginable and shouldn't even be part of the game.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

Just now, T.E. said:

That PI call on Benford when we stopped a 3rd and long was horrific. That's a call that completely changes the course of a game. Virtually no contact, and you give a team down by three a huge bailout to continue a game-winning drive.

The league could fix the officiating, but they repeatedly choose not to. The "waiting to hear what the crew in NY says from upstairs" nonsense is their "solution," but it’s also the shadiest thing imaginable and shouldn't even be part of the game.

Goodell doubles down every year saying the refs are great. It’s tone deaf. 

• Agree 2

The horrible roughing the passer on AJ gave the Jets 3 points (almost 7).

The terrible call against Spencer made the Bills punt rather than having a first and goal, taking at least 3 if not 7 points off the board for the Bills.

Would have been a different 2nd half if the Bills were nursing a 6-13 point lead instead of being tied. The Hail Mary and the refs kept the Jets in this game. Otherwise the Bills would have coasted through the 2nd half.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Allen made a fool out of them selling that roughing call with the soccer dive. Those dbags shouldn't ref another game ever.

I mean, Kinlaw did grab his helmet with both hands and throw him to the ground. Just because Josh embellished it doesn't make it not an obvious RTP. Not like, say, Epenesa making a routine tackle for a sack while holding his full weight off of Rodgers and still getting flagged 

• Agree 3