6 Games In, Josh Allen Has 0 INT's

H2o

21 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I would rather listen to Collinsworth, than those 2 Bozos. Aikman clearly does not like the Bills, and I agree with the comment above, that he seems jealous.

Agree and the sunday night production is better.  The decision to focus on Gipson when it was 3rd down in the 4th quarter and he wasnt on the field was weird.  "now lets talk about how Rodgers wants to use this one guy more who is not even on the field."  Just want to force a narrative.  It wasnt something to be talked about on this day sorry.  Agree aikman was talking about how amazing rodgers was and everything josh did was cause of someone/thing else. 

17 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Media clinging to the narrative 

It's how we're wired as animals. My favorite quote on this is

The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion ... draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects or despises, or else by some distinction sets aside or rejects. 

Francis Bacon, 1620

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I would rather listen to Collinsworth, than those 2 Bozos. Aikman clearly does not like the Bills, and I agree with the comment above, that he seems jealous.

I got yelled at last night for saying that, I was told it is recency bias, which might be true. Both suck, so they should be paired up on any non Bills game

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

His play tonight will be overshadowed by, well, everything else that happened. I hope it doesn't go unnoticed that he had to overcome about a million mistakes from his teammates, his defense, his coaches, and his kicker to almost singlehandedly drag his team into the division lead. 

Allen was great but this seems like an unfair statement.

What about solid OL play overall, Torrence saving the day by fumble recovery, Davis' running and his circus catch on 3rd & long early, AJE sacks, Rapp tackles, Taron INT.

It is just weird to say that this was all Allen.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Because people have been mentally indoctrinated for 60+ years every time they turn on the TV to watch a game or read something in the media.

To be fair...turnovers do matter to most teams, just not really much to the Bills...at least for the last 4 years.  When you don't punt, convert 3rd downs at a historically high rate and score the most points per game in the NFL it essentially makes the point moot.

Doubly because some of the turnovers essentially were a form of punt where Allen threw the ball deep on 3rd down and the team ended up being pinned inside the 10 and almost all of them happened on the other side of the field so teams rarely were getting short fields to work with.

Exactly how is punting 5 times and having no turnovers better than throwing 2 INTs and punting 0 times?

Makes no logical sense.

because punts net you about 40 yards down field in the right direction.... Turnovers can happen anywhere.

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

After the first drive it was all Allen. Look at our final two TD drives. The first one the play to Davis downfield is all him making magic happen. Second one he vanishes and then re-appears to throw a TD to Knox. Quite literally we won this game because of Allen. Without those two impossible plays we lose by two scores.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

After the first drive it was all Allen. Look at our final two TD drives. The first one the play to Davis downfield is all him making magic happen. Second one he vanishes and then re-appears to throw a TD to Knox. Quite literally we won this game because of Allen. Without those two impossible plays we lose by two scores.

Correct

56 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Allen was great but this seems like an unfair statement.

What about solid OL play overall, Torrence saving the day by fumble recovery, Davis' running and his circus catch on 3rd & long early, AJE sacks, Rapp tackles, Taron INT.

Agreed. Guys came up and made big plays.  Allen was great.  But there were solid contributions all around the board last night imo

Edit:  those saying it was all Allen. the Allen led offense scored 3 points in the second half. Luckily, our defense only gave up 3.  The bent but didn’t break and it led to the win.  Players steps up and made big plays on D

48 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

As stated above-  Josh led our offense to 3 points in the second half of a 3 point game.  The W can’t be ALL on him.  The defense held and deserve some credit  

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed. Guys came up and made big plays.  Allen was great.  But there were solid contributions all around the board last night imo

Edit:  those saying it was all Allen. the Allen led offense scored 3 points in the second half. Luckily, our defense only gave up 3.  The bent but didn’t break and it led to the win.  Players steps up and made big plays on D

As stated above-  Josh led our offense to 3 points in the second half of a 3 point game.  The W can’t be ALL on him.  The defense held and deserve some credit  

We got away from what worked in the first half.  You don't change if it's working.

I swear Brady out thinks himself.

Newera:  “It’s 💯 Josh.  He’s the only reason we won.  No one else matters, only Josh.”

@HappyDays @GoBills808

Standing Ovation Yes GIF by The Maury Show

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

We got away from what worked in the first half.  You don't change if it's working.

I swear Brady out thinks himself.

Agreed.  My point is:  the defense contributed in a big way to our win

• Like (+1) 2

aside from the two stinkers prior two weeks (and really, only the houston game was a shocker) allen has been on this season.  basically, he plays great, we win, he doesn't we lose.

i have noticed something which allen's game last night reminded me of.  there are so many games where solid qb's have super clean stat sheets, like houston vs us, us vs jets, even rogers vs us, but there is not much scoring.  i've spotted it in a few other games.  

part of it is teams playing deeper coverage, and basically allowing some first downs and yards in the middle of the field to take away the bigger passes, and just working to force a mistake or a 3rd and long.  part of it is imo because qb's oc's are very stat and efficiency conscious, and just don't go for bigger plays as much, and oc's don't call them like they used to.

it also shows how insane our penalties and field position was last night.  super efficient passing, no turnovers, ran like monsters, high red zone efficiency, and only scored 23.  such a strange night.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Newera:  “It’s 💯 Josh.  He’s the only reason we won.  No one else matters, only Josh.”

@HappyDays @GoBills808

The defense did the bare minimum. They held a bad offense to 20 points which realistically should have been 26 points. Even with that if Josh hadn't performed several miracles we would have lost by two scores. So obviously he was not 100% the reason that we won, and you know that's not what we're saying, but he was absolutely the main reason. Even moreso than usual.

Edited by HappyDays

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

@HappyDays @GoBills808

I posted last night I was shocked Rapp destroyed someone on the other team for once! AND... it was a beautiful, legal hit.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The defense did the bare minimum. They held a bad offense to 20 points which realistically should have been 26 points. Even with that if Josh hadn't performed several miracles we would have lost by two scores. So obviously he was not 100% the reason that we won, and you know that's not what we're saying, but he was absolutely the main reason. Even moreso than usual.

Then don’t say it was all Josh Allen