4-2 after That Strech of Games

I also thought that 2 losses through the first 8 was more than acceptable, and we may be on pace for that.

However, it does sting a bit to consider, right now, this is the 4th best team in the conference and they have lost to, and thus lose tie breakers, with 2 out of the other three division leaders.

That said, it is ridiculous that this team, or any team in this league, just might end up being 3.5 games up after 7 weeks.

No Bills team has ever won five straight division titles.

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The problem with firing McD - he can ***king coach defense.  And these guys play for him.  

Joe Brady big response tonight.  

That’s probably a 40 burger at home.  The false starts killed them but they were pushing that jets front 7 around even with Mosley 

16 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

To the bolded... the Bills trio of CBs in Rasul, Christian, and Taron might be the best in the league.

If the safety play continues to improve our pass D will be just fine.

It was interesting that Bishop didn't parlay his 2 game audition into a starting spot... and Rapp vindicated the coaches' decision tonight.

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

And the safety play might be the worst.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Rapp was very good.  Hamlin….ehhh

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Today.

@That's No Moon, so with 2 new starters you expect the Bills safety play to not improve during the season?

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

And the safety play might be the worst.

You sure about that? Rapp probably won us the game today with a TD saving tackle on Breece Hall as the last guy there, a TD saving pass breakup in the endzone that resulted in a missed FG and then another pass breakup on a 2nd and 16 that prevented a first down and was the play prior to the Taron INT.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Rapp can play, what’s goin on with Mike edwards?  Is he getting brought along slow due to a preseason injury?  Gotta think he takes Hamlins job at some point 

Bishop likely will...he just needs more time...can't be getting sucked up on play action when is supposed have deep coverage responsibility like he did against the Texans.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

Looking at the schedule and the last 4 games was always going to be a dog fight with 3 straight road games. Coming out of that stretch at 4-2 is a victory for this team. 

Overall I’m pleased with 4-2.  There’s a few very obvious positions on the team that I’m concerned about:

WR: just no downfield passing

S: Rapp is ok but Hamlin was pretty bad tonight.   
DL: Oliver needs to return

Ideally I’d love it if Buffalo could pick up a WR and re-sign Micah Hyde to takeover for Damar the second half of the season.  

Not certain either of these moves happen though 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Coaching cost us the Texans game and almost cost us this game. Should be 5-1

Brady calls the plays on offense, Babich on defense.  Do you think they should be replaced?

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

The problem with firing McD - he can ***king coach defense.  And these guys play for him.  

Joe Brady big response tonight.  

Yeah but he's not a DC, he's the head coach. And it's his hands in non defensive matters that terrifies me. 

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

Looking at the schedule and the last 4 games was always going to be a dog fight with 3 straight road games. Coming out of that stretch at 4-2 is a victory for this team. 

I think we all would have signed up for 4-2 with a two game lead on the Division before the start of the season. 

But considering the 4 teams we've beaten are the 2-4 Cardinals, the 2-3 Dolphins, the 1-5 Jaguars, and the 2-4 Jets, of which it came down to the wire - 4-2 isn't quite the victory it seems on paper.

Instead 4-2 feels like the bare minimum. Especially with how badly Baltimore owned us and Houston beating us as they did, minus Joe Mixon and Nico Collins going down before the second half.

Things certainly could be a lot worse. The record and the division lead is nice. Definitely happy we pulled it out tonight. But I'm certainly not doing backflips and feeling like we're Super Bowl bound right now.