4-2 after That Strech of Games

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

This is where I said we had to be. Soft part of the schedule coming up. Get healthy, get Adams or some receiver, and let's go. 

The Bills are clearly better than Indy and Seattle, but going into those buildings and winning won't be easy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Tonight was a big win. Lots of bad officiating and bass to overcome and came through big. The Texans loss is frustrating due to the last O series. The Ravens game was the one that was bad...just smashed us.

All things considered glad we are where we are.

• Like (+1) 1

Two division away games plus week one which is always uneasy and toss in a win against a bad Jags team and at 4-2 you have to like it. Fins are reeling due to the Tua injury and some other issues, and the Pats are the "one year away" team that we kind of thought they would be. The Jets are also reeling despite Rodgers being a decent QB which points to larger flaws. 

Overall the Bills are who we thought they were. They have a good defense that's a little banged up, they have a good offensive line and RB/TE squad with a great QB. However, they are a little lackluster at WR. Find a way to add some pop at WR and get healthy (esp on defense) and I think this team will have a chance to go far. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Maybe sky is not falling? 

No, the sky is falling. The sky is always falling. I’ve been down this road before. 

Sometimes it’s not throwing cows at you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Shortchaz said:

The defense is going to have to grow into something special if this team is going to make noise in the playoffs 

Despite losing Milano and being banged up (plus the Von suspension) the defense has looked good. Not great or elite but it has been a defense that can win games. If they get some guys back I think they will be good enough to win in the playoffs. The question is will the WR core hamper the offense against better defenses? Which I think 6 weeks in is a yes. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Despite losing Milano and being banged up (plus the Von suspension) the defense has looked good. Not great or elite but it has been a defense that can win games. If they get some guys back I think they will be good enough to win in the playoffs. The question is will the WR core hamper the offense against better defenses? Which I think 6 weeks in is a yes. 

I think the defense (with everyone back/healthy) has a higher ceiling than the offense this year. They’re going to have to carry us in the end; much like the chiefs last year. 

Edited by Shortchaz

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I mean lesser teams with lesser toughness and grit lose that game.  

We need a kicker asap.  

Fluke Hail Mary was why it wasn’t a blowout

I’d say only mustering up 3pts in the 2nd half was a bigger factor why it wasn’t a blowout. 

We have a tough stretch with San Francisco, Seattle, Chiefs, and Lions in November.

This will shed a lot of light on how we do against solid teams as Ravens and Houston are playoff bound teams.

Not a bad start for sure, but our wins are against Cardinals, Dolphins, Jags, and Jets.

Hopeful for growth and more consistent play.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Wizard said:

We have a tough stretch with San Francisco, Seattle, Chiefs, and Lions in November.

This will shed a lot of light on how we do against solid teams as Ravens and Houston are playoff bound teams.

Not a bad start for sure, but our wins are against Cardinals, Dolphins, Jags, and Jets.

Hopeful for growth and more consistent play.

Losing to both those teams already shed a lot of light. It ain’t pretty. 

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I said this last week after the Houston loss and got a bunch of “laugh” emojis in response. No one should be laughing now. 

I didn't watch a dominant performance tonight and I still remember last October's "easy" part of the schedule.

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The pass defense is absolutely terrifying and it's not like they've been super stout against the run either.