4-2 after That Strech of Games

14 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I grow to expect we are going to give up some yards earlier in games until we settle down. But this makes the fair weather fans lose their minds. 

Lots of those fair weather Bills fans 🤣

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

We gave up over 400 yards. Let’s calm down about how we good we look.  

Rapp was excellent as was Josh. Missed FG, XP And dropped Td by #13 or we score 30+

coaching sucked, officiating sucked, Bass is probably gone

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

I didn't watch a dominant performance tonight and I still remember last October's "easy" part of the schedule.

Yeah. Imagine being a Jets fan.

Thought both Kincaid and Shakir looked silky and in charge tonight on every touch but are still just getting low action. Maybe that changes? Kincaid looks like big Cooper Kupp out there and I won’t back off this until he explodes. That one early catch and run was explosive af for a TE 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Maybe sky is not falling? 

This team still has big issues. We have absolutely nobody that can create separation on offense outside of our running backs. You won’t win in January with the crew they have.

• Agree 3

And there's still a chance to rescue Cooper and improve our team at a low cost...

But this was a gut check game and despite the refs not doing us any favors, injuries and other adversities; I think we showed something this game.

Not certain what to do about the kicker situation but I'm still high on this team as the season progresses and we may show to be an even better team in the second half of the season and make a legit run

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

There is no such thing as an ugly road division win.  This one was huge. 

I mean I had our odds down Cook and Shakir (basically) at probably 10 percent chance to win.  Considering the Jets coaching changes this week and being at home.  

THESE ARE GAMES THE CHIEFS WIN JUST LIKE THIS

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Tonight was a big win. Lots of bad officiating and bass to overcome and came through big. The Texans loss is frustrating due to the last O series. The Ravens game was the one that was bad...just smashed us.

All things considered glad we are where we are.

To the bolded, I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. The Kincaid drop on 3rd down on the first drive was a big drop... then the disastrous attempted trick play... and Bass' missed field goal.

Any 1 of those plays change the complexion of that game. All 3 went against the Bills.

I'd love to play the Ravens in the postseason.

27 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

The defense is going to have to grow into something special if this team is going to make noise in the playoffs 

Hopefully Oliver, Milano, and Miller are added to the current group. I'm really glad that Dorian and several other young players have received lots of live game experience. That's an intangible investment that could payoff later on this year.

17 minutes ago, Wizard said:

We have a tough stretch with San Francisco, Seattle, Chiefs, and Lions in November.

This will shed a lot of light on how we do against solid teams as Ravens and Houston are playoff bound teams.

Not a bad start for sure, but our wins are against Cardinals, Dolphins, Jags, and Jets.

Hopeful for growth and more consistent play.

The NFL season is a marathon. At 4-2 the Bills are still on schedule. There's lots of room for improvement and hopefully they peak at the right time.

14 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I didn't watch a dominant performance tonight and I still remember last October's "easy" part of the schedule.

The pass defense is absolutely terrifying and it's not like they've been super stout against the run either.

To the bolded... the Bills trio of CBs in Rasul, Christian, and Taron might be the best in the league.

If the safety play continues to improve our pass D will be just fine.

It was interesting that Bishop didn't parlay his 2 game audition into a starting spot... and Rapp vindicated the coaches' decision tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The pass defense is absolutely terrifying and it's not like they've been super stout against the run either.

Bills redzone defense has been very good and very clutch. A little soft here and there before the redzone but big plays and tight red zone defense are making up for that. And that's with a banged up defense so I would imagine getting some players back will help.

I found it interesting when Billy B on the Manningcast mentioned that the Bills lack "team speed" on defense the past 4-5 years. I kind of understand it but I also found it odd. Because the Bills defense has (I thought) had some fast players. Hyde and Po early on were pretty fast guys, Tre was certainly a 8/9 out of 10 on speed, Milano is one of the best end to end LB's in the league, and I think Bernard and several other defenders are on the fast side of their positions. 

I also think the defense has been very "clutch" in al the close games the team which is an amazing sign. The only reason the Bills had a chance against the Texans was the two big turnovers the defense forced and how they buckled down in the second half for the most part. Against the Cardinals they had the stop on the final drive. And against the Jets Taron comes up with the INT to get the offense in position to ice the game. 

I think last year the defense felt very "un-clutch" like there were so many games where the defense was in position to ice a game but always let up a score. This year on many occasions the defense has come up with big plays and iced games out. Having a defense that can make big plays esp big plays in the clutch is something that can carry a team with a suspect offense at times much like KC. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shortchaz said:

I think the defense (with everyone back/healthy) has a higher ceiling than the offense this year. They’re going to have to carry us in the end; much like the chiefs last year. 

I do wonder IF (and this is a big if) the Bills get Milano and everyone mostly back healthy what would the Bills if they want to look to add to the defense at the trade deadline? CB, seems like the starting trio of Douglas/Benford/Taron are very good while depth wise Ingram has shown to be good and I know Elam is persona non-gratta he's just been outshined by other players but he's there if depth is needed. At LB Benard and Williams are a solid combo and Milano coming back would solidify it. D-line you could always use a punch up but I think they are very solid there. Groot, Von (when he comes off suspension), and AJE are a very good trio while Smoot and Solomon are good depth. Safety seems to be before the season starts but I think the safety play has been solid.

The defense certainly could carry the team much like KC's defense carried an offense that was a times suspect.

• Agree 1