Jets XP counted but actually missed ?!?!

DJB

The refs are directly below the goal posts. It’s essentially impossible to get that call wrong. They have a much better view than that camera angle. 

Now if only they had a better view of roughing the passer calls. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

ESPN never showed a replay so they knew it was no good.

Ya usually they show some replay and on a prime time game they don’t have those cameras running 

I see it all the time on Sunday games 

I was screaming that it was NO GOOD at home.

I have seen really close kicking attempts where the ball is kicked over the goal post and it makes it really hard to tell.  This one is pretty obvious to me.  Glad it didn’t effect the overall score.

3 hours ago, MDH said:

It couldn’t possible hit the net where it did while going through the goalposts unless the kicker has Sandy Koufax’s curveball. 

Excuse me. Sandy’s curveball was a true 12-6  without any lateral movement. Meaning he could get it through the uprights and hit the ground behind without needing a net. 

I believe you meant to say a Blake Treinen slider and just got your Dodgers confused. 

Apology accepted.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billl said:

I thought it missed in real time, but that video actually made it clear that it was good.

Or allot closer then it looked real time.

As another poster mentioned Officials are in perfect position right below the goal post looking up.

If I remember correctly any part of the ball going over top of the goal post, and its called good.

Ironically 2 more FG tries hitting the post shows why calling it this way is odd IMO.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, shrader said:

The refs are directly below the goal posts. It’s essentially impossible to get that call wrong. They have a much better view than that camera angle. 

Questioning the guy who is standing directly under the post watching the ball always cracks me up. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it went over the top of the upright which they generally allow.

Key word! WtF! 😡

I though the game was more exact.

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Questioning the guy who is standing directly under the post watching the ball always cracks me up. :lol:

While that same guy is looking forward NOT up also cracks me up.😆