UPDATE: HES HERE! - My son may be born during tonights game adding to Bills Mafia!

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nope :( 

He showed his Bills Mafia loyalty and decided stayed in long enough for us to watch us win and will be coming later it looks like

Be careful. Refs may call a delay of game penalty on your wife. 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Bookie Man said:

I didn't read through the thread. Did you mention the name? Or are you waiting to do the name reveal for all us here on the board.

No worries...I did but the post was a bit long as it had a couple stories of how we got to both our boys names.  I quoted it below if you want to read it...but its long, so quick answer is Bodie :) 

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nah, shes a die hard Niners fan...so if I was gonna do that I would have had to make that deal when we had our first to where he would have been Josh and this one would have been named after a Niner lmao.  Plus we know too many Josh's and I wouldn't want any of them getting to say we named one of our sons after them hahaha...especially the Browns fan one.  

First son was named Luke though...and the day we found out in the reveal we were having a Boy was the same day as the Bills vs Packers Sunday night football game. And how we did the reveal was if it was a girl there would be a Niners onesy and a boy a Bills onesy, so opened the gift bag and there was the Bills one.  So then I put a First TD of the game bet on Dawson Knox before the game started feeling lucky.  Well first TD of the game was a short toss to Knox winning me like $500 so we were going nuts...and during the TD celebration Knox pointed to the sky for his brother who had just passed away before the season began and I told everyone in the room he was pointing up to his brother Luke that had passed.  And then after that I said, you know, I have always really liked that name Luke and my wife looked at me and said she loved it and everyone else was like we really like it too.  Later that night after the game we were laying in bed and were like it was the first boys name we loved and made it official.

So he wasn't directly named after Dawson's brother, but his TD celebration led us to the name and forever connected his name to Bills lore.  

Our 2nd boy was inspired by a combo of Dukes of Hazard joke and from seeing the movie Point Break in my movie queue.  I kept telling my wife (and was joking) we should name him Bo...and she kept saying our boys are not going to be named Bo and Luke after the Dukes of Hazard hahaha.  I also kept joking Han or Kylo and she insisted they aren't being named after Star Wars either.  While I did not really want to name them after Dukes of Hazard (or Star Wars), the funny part was we both actually did actually like the name Bo lmao.  Then one day we were searching for something to watch (and still had not found a name we really liked) and the original "Point Break" movie popped up in my queue and I was like what about Bodhi?  I was like we can always call him Bo for short and no one can accuse us of naming him after Dukes of Hazard...hahaha.  She was like I love it cuz I can call him BoBo in my belly lol.  

So we wound up with that name but spelled it Bodie instead of the hippy way it was spelled in the movie.  And we plan to call him Bodie, not Bo unless he grows up and just prefers it.  At least by then the only people who will remember Dukes of Hazard will be dead or too old to notice lmao.  

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No, there is a Bills Mafia Facebook Group?  I will have to check that out

Yes. Someone posted a picture of his new Mafia member earlier tonight and I thought it might have been you.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And we plan to call him Bodie, not Bo unless he grows up and just prefers it.  At least by then the only people who will remember Dukes of Hazard will be dead or too old to notice lmao.  

The Boddhisatva / Dukes of Hazzard combo is nothing short of absolutely exquisite. :thumbsup:

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Yes. Someone posted a picture of his new Mafia member earlier tonight and I thought it might have been you.

So cool!  Wish we joined them too!  But soon enough!

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to UPDATE: HES HERE! - My son may be born during tonights game adding to Bills Mafia!

UPDATE:  Mafia is one persons bigger!  He is here, was born just before 10am PST this morning!!!  9 lbs 8 oz healthy boy!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone!  Mama and baby doing phenomenal!!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 21