10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, DapperCam said:

As much as I love NFL records for Josh Allen, this one is kind of lame considering Mahomes played one game his rookie year.

So?

All NFL records are are based off the same qualifications.  Years played are years played.

• Like (+1) 3

Going forward I think when in a Hail Mary situation Keon Coleman and MVS should be on the field as safeties in order to bat down the jump balls.

lots of teams have done this over the history of the nfl, keyshawn johnson was good at it.

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Great play design by Brady making the defense focus on the man in motion going to the right

Josh audibled to it and decided to just to ignore the swing pass 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

As much as I love NFL records for Josh Allen, this one is kind of lame considering Mahomes played one game his rookie year.

It's not lame. Even if he was 2nd to Mahomes, it would still be amazing.

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I do, but that team had zero expectations. 

I remember some dog ass games the 90's teams threw out there and still managed to win.  A couple against the Jets actually.  Felt gross going home like it feels gross tonight, but it's a win and that's better than a loss.  I don't need to rejoice and praise the heavens about it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rew said:

It was a sloppy, penalty ridden game all around.  That's how some games go.

People claim we "never get defensive stops when we need it".  Or feel that we "never can close out a game". We did, like we do more often than not.  It's likely a futile effort to combat blindness due to preconceptions, but felt it was worth calling out.

we all know we have won a lot of close games… but often mess up in the biggest moments. 

stopping a team that fired their coach in October is not winning against the chiefs in january 

and his issues were part of what kept this close for the jets in the first place. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Division games be like that sometimes. 

Josh was giving a big rick flair wooooo at the end. This win is good for our mojo 

These teams don't like each other. 

At the end of the day it's a big division win.  

There is a lot to clean up

I don't know how you don't bring in kickers

As hard hitting as it was, glad we had no injuries.  Jests had a couple.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

One thing that needs to improve is scramble drill.  We made some plays tonight in that regard, but the amount of time Josh gives them, you’d figure they have to improve in that respect.  I really thought Keon, Shakir and Kincaid would be sufficient targets in that respect.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

Going forward I think when in a Hail Mary situation Keon Coleman and MVS should be on the field as safeties in order to bat down the jump balls.

lots of teams have done this over the history of the nfl, keyshawn johnson was good at it.

Yeah Pats had Gronk on the field for a situation like that against the Dolphins and they ended up scoring a TD because Gronk couldn’t tackle or take angles. 

i respectfully disagree

11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

No. I've seen worse.  I watched the Bills lose to Cleveland 6-3.  I fell asleep.  I was at the game.  Sober.

I was at that game and the visceral pain of experiencing it kept me awake

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1