10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Gotta say - w/ all of the craziness & bad reffing in that game, it was probably the most satisfying victory in awhile.  Not only did it seem improbable for stretches of the game, but just the fact that we could have been tied w/ the Jets, and now we're in command in the division.

I loved that win.  Still feeling good.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Regarding the Bass “missed” extra point, I’ve noticed some poor broadcast production in recent weeks, both for the NFL and college football.    After the extra point, they showed a replay as they went to commercial break that clearly showed a Jets defensive  lineman jumping up and getting a hand on the ball.   When they came back from the break, they didn’t talk about it and kept referring to it as a miss by Bass.

When watching a college game, there was confusion on the field and the refs were huddled up so the broadcast took a break with the announcer saying “we’ll give you an update when we return”.  When they returned, they just announced down and distance and made no mention of what the discussion was about. 

I read today that Quinnen Williams got a hand on the XP but it may have missed anyways.

2 hours ago, Success said:

Gotta say - w/ all of the craziness & bad reffing in that game, it was probably the most satisfying victory in awhile.  Not only did it seem improbable for stretches of the game, but just the fact that we could have been tied w/ the Jets, and now we're in command in the division.

I loved that win.  Still feeling good.

A win on the road against a division opponent is very hard and this win was as deserving as any considering how it played out in the 2nd half. 

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, ganesh said:

A win on the road against a division opponent is very hard and this win was as deserving as any considering how it played out in the 2nd half. 

Great win. No doubt. 

The Hail Mary was ridiculous. Especially after the end of game clock management the previous week at Houston. And Hail Murray. And 13 seconds.

Even Rodgers scoffed at the D he saw. He checked into Hail Mary when he saw we were rushing two… Why was Rousseau guarding the sideline? Is the ghost of Dick Jauron possessing McD? 

McDermott has an Achilles heal and everyone knows it.

• Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

Great win. No doubt. 

The Hail Mary was ridiculous. Especially after the end of game clock management the previous week at Houston. And Hail Murray. And 13 seconds.

Even Rodgers scoffed at the D he saw. He checked into Hail Mary when he saw we were rushing two… Why was Rousseau guarding the sideline? Is the ghost of Dick Jauron possessing McD? 

McDermott has an Achilles heal and everyone knows it.

An achilles heal or more than one lol? Or several calling cards other coaches can use to their advantage.

I will say this, as much as we can rag on McD for situational clock management, at least he played the last possession right—thus allowing us to run out the clock and preventing the Jests from another last minute drive with their TO’s still in hand as well imho. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I will say this, as much as we can rag on McD for situational clock management, at least he played the last possession right—thus allowing us to run out the clock and preventing the Jests from another last minute drive with their TO’s still in hand as well imho. 

He should thank Josh for getting that first down.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The most impressive part of the game for the Bills was the end as the O closed out the game.

That doesn’t happen too much with a McDermott-led team.

Maybe they turned a corner in their ability to close teams out.

We shall see. 

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

2-0 in the division with road wins at the Dolphins and Jets. Bills will have a great opportunity to sweep both teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

We gotta thank Rapp, Taron and Allen at the end.  But yeah, McD somehow oversaw a close road win vs a division rival so props to him for not choking another close game away.

• Like (+1) 2