10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

I woke up today with the realization that I feel the same way about Bass and McDermott. Both are good enough to be part of a Josh Allen led 4-2 team. 

And I expect both to let me down in critical situations. 

Have to agree. My wife was telling me to calm down when we scored at the end of the half. I told her any time at all on the clock and McD could easily screw it up. Even she was dumbfounded by the ridiculous D he called.

• Like (+1) 1

Is there anything more lame than allowing Fireman Ed to represent your fan base on every home telecast?  

He is/was a Dolphins fan who publicly quit the Jets, only to bandwagon back when things looked better.  Plus, by all accounts he is an insufferable jerk and tries to profit off his "fame"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've mentioned it in the past but I'll say it again, I really wonder how much of bass's issues are related to Sam Martin. Bass was money up until Sam Martin came in. Maybe it's a holding issue, or snap/timing issue. It seems unlikely, but bass never had these issues with haak

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've mentioned it in the past but I'll say it again, I really wonder how much of bass's issues are related to Sam Martin. Bass was money up until Sam Martin came in. Maybe it's a holding issue, or snap/timing issue. It seems unlikely, but bass never had these issues with haak

I'm in the camp that if it was a holding issue... the Bills would roster someone to hold the ball if that would solve the problem. Not to mention, do you think Bass/Martin wouldn't put in the work to figure it out?

30 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I mean he has worked with him everyday for months at this point...whatever the issue was if there was was one should long be ironed out by now.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean he has worked with him everyday for months at this point...whatever the issue was if there was was one should long be ironed out by now.

You'd think. But how does a young kicker get perpetually worse? Bass shoukd be going the opposite way and getting better with time. 

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You'd think. But how does a young kicker get perpetually worse? Bass shoukd be going the opposite way and getting better with time. 

Kicking is 90% mental. One bad kick leads to another, leads to him changing his technique/stance/approach/starting angle, etc, leads to a mess that becomes hard to break out of.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Can we have a kicker that doesn't need to be a human centipede with his holder to not suck?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Kicking is 90% mental. One bad kick leads to another, leads to him changing his technique/stance/approach/starting angle, etc, leads to a mess that becomes hard to break out of.

Agreed. just like golf. Bass has so many band aids now on his kicking motion, it’s really unrecognizable.

Reminds Me of when I develop a bad golf issue, and I start going to YouTube to try to fix it.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Watched the replay this morning. If Zeuerlien doesn't shank that 32 yarder, this could have gone the other way 

The ‘if’ game definitely favors the bills in this one…Aaron Rodgers literally defied physics and threw a deep pass through a defenders body AND hit a Hail Mary on top of that haha 

• Agree 2

Every bobblehead on TV is talking about the Jets missed FG's and their penalties. Even though we won, Bass missed a FG and a PAT. We also got penalized at points that kept their drives going where they scored points afterwards. Dumb. 

Not to harp.  Rewatching the game the way Wilson runs away from Taron Johnson on a crossing route (2nd quarter) vs the way Samuels ran a very similiar route and can't get away from the DB.  In other notes I heard Elams name for the first time in a while.  He's getting penalized on special teams.

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The ‘if’ game definitely favors the bills in this one…Aaron Rodgers literally defied physics and threw a deep pass through a defenders body AND hit a Hail Mary on top of that haha 

I agree.  That was the bills' game to lose, and the jets lost an opportunity to steal it.

The bills looked poised to pile on with an opportunity to go up 3 scores before the ludicrous hail Mary sequence.  Rodgers would have been forced to throw 100% of the time and it would have been tee off time.  

Also, if both kickers were 100%, the bills still win.  Penalties were fairly evenly stupid, although, I'd contend the bills got the more ridiculous calls (epinesa roughing and Dawkins after dark)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

Well, never gonna get those three hours back. 😅 

Not only that! in my case it just grew to six and a half!! I just wathced the re-run @NFLN 😝

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I never thought after that long Hall run we’d win that. Thank god. Rapp and Ray Davis thank you 

...aaaand! T. Johnson!