10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If I were owner McDermott would be called to my office to explain the stupidity.

they are there imo, to eliminate that crossing route.  A few years ago the chiefs did this to dallas in 2017 in the same situation right before the half.  I still think coleman should be in at safety.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DC Greg said:

Not only that, but they went into immediate prevent on the two plays before that allowed them to get in range for it. Then McD called one of his patented defensive timeouts that actually helps the offense. Gave them time to coordinate for the shot. Then he rushed two. It really was the full Sean McDermott end of half experience there. Push all the wrong buttons at exactly the same time, play after play, decision after decision.

Couldn’t have said it better. It reminds me of ALL the Loser, Lost Years Bills HCs calling TOs on 4th & 1, instead of rushing to the line, like Brady did 95% successfully in over 100 conversion attempts! They allowed the D in this case to stack it up!

In last night’s situation, you have a relatively stable fossil and you Rush TWO?
No, no, no, you end of game challenged buffoon!

You blitz to prevent him SETTING UP and throwing for 50+ yards!
It’s not his arm that time has caught up to; it’s his legs- McClapper!

I am convinced McDermott gets away with these incomprehensibly stupid, game altering FUBARs, because of his overall record.

We can easily counter with the fact that ALL TIME TD Record setting #17 is more highly responsible for the overall record!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I'd love to know what happened at the two minute warning at the end of the first half. The calls weren't perfect, but the weren't affecting the game to a drastic extent. It was a decent game to follow. And then the refs seemed to insert themselves and it started to unravel.

Though not as bad as McDonald's end of half defense. And sadly we've seen that too many times before.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Its aggravating that a lot of Jets fans and national media are saying that the Jets lost because their kicker missed 2 field goals.  As if the Bass was 10 for 10 in the game

"The Bass" lol. I like it!

What makes the Chiefs great?  Steve Spagnuolo would have sent an all out blitz on that hail mary attempt.  You don't let AR have all day back there to line up the throw.  

Tyler Bass will cost the Bills a game this year.  He looks scared to be on the field. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFooteball said:

How come after a bills loss there’s like 30 new threads and after a bills win there’s only a couple 😞. As a primary reader, come

on guys!!

More big mouth, debbie downers in volume of posts than rational people.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Lake Ontario said:

When asked about the Hail Mary by Laura Rutledge before the half, McD told her, "...we were guarding the sidelines."  I've seen a couple mentions in this thread that our TWO pass rushers had responsibility of the sidelines.  But I'm more curious of the big picture:  There was 8 seconds on the clock, from their own 48 yd line.  Our head coach was concerned about defending the sidelines?  He's coaching like the worst outcome was a 20yd completion that yields the Jets a long FG attempt with 1 second left in the half.  No!  The worst outcome is you give Rodgers all night to complete a Hail Mary!  I can't believe he admitted out loud what he was doing.

and complaining that his players needed to bat the ball down.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I remember a few days ago, someone posted that opposing kickers have only missed something like two FGs vs the Bills in the past two years, in 40 attempts…this is just reversion to the mean, I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

And some thought this was only a Leslie Frazier thing lol

What I don’t understand about this formation is that McDermott has his deep defense in place, then pulls Rousseau and Epenesa off the DL to defend the short/medium passes to the sidelines. But what chance do Rousseau and Epenesa have of stopping a WR from getting open on a sideline route?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If I were owner McDermott would be called to my office to explain the stupidity.

Lulz.

TPegula:  “hey, um… uhh… C-C-Coach… could you… uhhhhhh”

McD: “Well you know Terry, that’s a pretty standard defensive look, nothing to see here’l

TPegs: “Ohhh… okay… thank you… g-g-great job coach and keep up the good work!”

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Quick count I have Rodgers with 9 pass attempts to Hall’s 2 carries in the redzone.

Crazy. That shows you what happens when Rodgers is calling half the plays on the LOS.