10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't think I'm being hyperbolic here when I say it was one of the dumbest decisions I've seen a coach make all season. 

On the INT play the Bills only rushed three and were a falling receiver away from having it bite them again. 

Put pressure on immobile QBs.  Why does anyone even need to say that to a NFL HC?  

Not only that, but they went into immediate prevent on the two plays before that allowed them to get in range for it. Then McD called one of his patented defensive timeouts that actually helps the offense. Gave them time to coordinate for the shot. Then he rushed two. It really was the full Sean McDermott end of half experience there. Push all the wrong buttons at exactly the same time, play after play, decision after decision.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BlazinBill said:

I mean sure but let's get Hyde in here - seems obvious that Edwards isn't performing well enough to unseat Hamlin - which seems insane to me

That's what Coach McD wants you to believe. Hamlin is flat out terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

For the most part nothing I saw last night surprised me as an unexpected outcome. The one take away though was the run blocking of the O-line. Jets D is pretty much middle of the pack when it comes to stopping the run yet they were flat out dominated. We have a good stable of backs but you could have driven a truck through some of those holes. I don't know how much of the success they had was scheme related and a good matchup and how much was due to simple physical superiority in imposing their will. We have seen it before but last night it was especially evident, especially considering that the lead back didn't even suit up. So nice to have a run game (other than Josh). Brady/Kromer deserve credit for that.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Not only that, but they went into immediate prevent on the two plays before that allowed them to get in range for it. Then McD called one of his patented defensive timeouts that actually helps the offense. Gave them time to coordinate for the shot. Then he rushed two. It really was the full Sean McDermott end of half experience there. Push all the wrong buttons at exactly the same time, play after play, decision after decision.

Could not of said it better - at this point I'm blaming him for wide right and the music city miracle 

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFooteball said:

How come after a bills loss there’s like 30 new threads and after a bills win there’s only a couple 😞. As a primary reader, come

on guys!!

I blame the mods.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That's what Coach McD wants you to believe. Hamlin is flat out terrible. 

It was quite spectacular how bad he was last night and has been all year. I mean he’s an incredible story and a great guy, but enough is enough. He is just out of place in a starting NFL defense. There has to be a better option than someone who is just out of position constantly and never a threat to make a play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Seems more interested in the story line- Hamlin is a back up player period - he's not a starter 

He takes the worst angles on plays, it’s really evident on tape that he doesn’t have good game sense.

• Like (+1) 2

Great, gutsy win against a bad team.

Must have seen something on film that concerned them to not rush Aa Ron on the Hail Mary.  At least that’s what I’m telling myself.  Rush, or no rush you can’t let the wr in front of the pack…ridiculous.

Davis had a monster game. Great catch, not sure how that ball stayed with him!  Great runs in the first half, seemed to abandon it a little in 2nd half.  

Need quality speed and safety valve receivers for Josh. He needs that guy like Beasley who somehow got open for that needed first.  Need a speed guy, who can stretch the field.

Dbacks need help. Hamlin has got to go. Guy is a statue and indecisive.  I’d see if Hyde wants to come back. Not as a starter, but a guy who is a leader and would be an instant upgrade to Hamlin. Need Bishop or Edwards to step up. 

Josh had a heck of a game carrying the team. 3rd down play to seal the win was great.  Winners want the ball!

Refs were flat out the worst I’ve ever seen.  Had bad calls on both teams, but a couple monster mistakes.  Personal Foul on a sack?? Couldn’t replay a fumbled tuck? Took over the game, especially when the Bills were in hurry up a few times.

Needed win. Glad they were able to pull it out!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He takes the worst angles on plays, it’s really evident on tape that he doesn’t have good game sense.

Yeah but Bishop made a mistake in his first ever start so he needs to sit for the rest of the season.  - McDermott logic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2