10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

40 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Do the Bills have a Kicking coach?

I really don't know.

But for a point-producing position that can and does decide games, they sure as hell ought to.

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

We literally were evenly coached by a staff in their very first NFL game. This was an embarrasement. 

They are still professional NFL coaches....they are not amateurs who just entered the stadium yesterday. 

Tough division game on the road....I will gladly take an ugly victory

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Asked Aaron about Hail Mary he said they rushed 2 guys and I had all day to throw it 🤔🤦

I don't think I'm being hyperbolic here when I say it was one of the dumbest decisions I've seen a coach make all season. 

On the INT play the Bills only rushed three and were a falling receiver away from having it bite them again. 

Put pressure on immobile QBs.  Why does anyone even need to say that to a NFL HC?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Cray51 said:

Bills WRs were ok this game.  However, their lack of a high end kicker has cost them 3 field goals and 2 extra points this year.  11 points because Bass has no consistency.

No one gets open. It's nuts. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I have been wondering the same thing.

They need to play all four quarters with the same high intensity that they show in the second half.

Sometimes teams need to win ugly.  Take the W.

I can take the W without pretending it was coaching driven win 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't think I'm being hyperbolic here when I say it was one of the dumbest decisions I've seen a coach make all season. 

On the INT play the Bills only rushed three and were a falling receiver away from having it bite them again. 

Put pressure on immobile QBs.  Why does anyone even need to say that to a NFL HC?  

Trying to win in the NFL with a garbage kicker and the dumbest situational corch is a big up hill climb.

End of Houston, hail Mary drive d, 13 seconds, Denver, etc. MCD is just not a smart man

• Agree 4
  • Dislike 4

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

And factor in a Defensive HC to boot and it looks like he's just making it all up as he goes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Does anyone actually like Pat Moran? He never has a positive take and, as far as I can tell, he doesn’t offer any particularly interesting content. Why does he have such a following?

Moran is a tool. Another make-believe Internet sports reporter. 

WTF does "serviceable" mean here? A guy who never misses ever? That's not serviceable. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, colin said:

Trying to win in the NFL with a garbage kicker and the dumbest situational corch is a big up hill climb.

End of Houston, hail Mary drive d, 13 seconds, Denver, etc. MCD is just not a smart man

I won't go as far to say he isn't smart, however, i don't think he learns from past mistakes.....

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Wanna know the sad part? They rushed 3 and they had a spy on that play.

A spy on Aaron Rodgers.. a 40 year immobile QB coming off an Achilles injury 

• Angry 1

12 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I won't go as far to say he isn't smart, however, i don't think he learns from past mistakes.....

I mean, for a coach that's kinda the perfect working definition of not smart.

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

Least enjoyable win.  

It was ugly, but you had to come away feeling very satisfied with how much command Josh Allen had in this game up against the #1 passing defense in the NFL, despite the lack of talent we have at receiver.  There were a lot of people that genuinely did not even believe the Bills offense could ever look good again until we brought in a new receiver because we had been "figured out".  Apparently, we adjusted, and I enjoyed seeing that very much.

Also, NO INJURIES!!!!!!!!!!!  For me, some of the "least enjoyable wins" are the games in which key players are lost long term despite the win.

For instance, I'd rather win the way we did, than win a blowout like the Lions this weekend..... but lose Hutchinson for the year.  No thanks.  I can't enjoy that.

This, it was ugly, but I enjoyed it... because a lot of the biggest issues from the previous weeks were addressed (particularly on offense) and we came out healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

When asked about the Hail Mary by Laura Rutledge before the half, McD told her, "...we were guarding the sidelines."  I've seen a couple mentions in this thread that our TWO pass rushers had responsibility of the sidelines.  But I'm more curious of the big picture:  There was 8 seconds on the clock, from their own 48 yd line.  Our head coach was concerned about defending the sidelines?  He's coaching like the worst outcome was a 20yd completion that yields the Jets a long FG attempt with 1 second left in the half.  No!  The worst outcome is you give Rodgers all night to complete a Hail Mary!  I can't believe he admitted out loud what he was doing.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2