10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, Rew said:

"Defense can't get a stop when we need it and McD can't clock manage to close a game out."?

I could not believe they rushed only 2 on the Hail Mary play.  In the postgame Rodgers even said “ since they only rushed 2, we had all day to set it up.”    Why do they keep making these poor strategy decisions at the end of halves/games?!  

It’s time McD applies the Costanza Opposite Logic.  Whatever is the first thing that comes to his mind, do the opposite.  You just know if he ever gets this team to the Super Bowl, he’ll do something stupid to lose the game.  I have not agreed with all the discussion about firing McD in the last few years, but I’ve just about lost all confidence in him and his partnership with Beane in putting a team together. 

Even though some of the penalties called against the Bills were bad calls, they seemed out of control with the unsportsmanlike calls.  That’s discipline that’s supposed to come from the coaches, captains and veteran leaders that was lacking.

Fortunately the ghosts of Tom Sestak, Mike Stratton and others pushed those 2 Jets FG attempts to clang off the uprights and they won the game.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BRH said:

Not for nothing, but if you went to Stanford, wouldn’t you know it’s “biased” and not “bias”?

Pretty funny he thought the refs were *favoring* the Bills.

His take is embarrassing me tonight. 

8 hours ago, Cray51 said:

If Allen has the nards he is walking into Beanes office tomorrow telling him to sign a better kicker.  We cannot allow points lost on field goals and extra points

Allen shouldn't be walking into GMs office telling him anything.

This is the way how it presumably works with Rodgers and Jets and it is a clown show.

Edited by No_Matter_What
grammar, I guess it still sucks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, BILLieve85 said:

I never said he didn’t have great stats. He did. But he didn’t have time in the pocket and the WRs left a lot to be desired. Again. Performances like that won’t get it done in the playoffs. 

Now you are moving the goal posts. I said Allen was ON this week and he was, especially compared to the last 2 weeks. He made good decisions, didn’t turn over the ball, the game was slower for him, and he used his legs effectively. IDK what else you want from a QB to say he was on, especially with the lack of WRs like you mentioned.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Now you are moving the goal posts. I said Allen was ON this week and he was, especially compared to the last 2 weeks. He made good decisions, didn’t turn over the ball, the game was slower for him, and he used his legs effectively. IDK what else you want from a QB to say he was on, especially with the lack of WRs like you mentioned.

Allen closed out the game with a clutch 3rd and 4 run and then ran down the field in New Jersey like that Ravens fan punching everyone the other day. 

I don’t know what else you want from a starting QB? 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I could not believe they rushed only 2 on the Hail Mary play.  In the postgame Rodgers even said “ since they only rushed 2, we had all day to set it up.”    Why do they keep making these poor strategy decisions at the end of halves/games?!  

It’s time McD applies the Costanza Opposite Logic.  Whatever is the first thing that comes to his mind, do the opposite.  You just know if he ever gets this team to the Super Bowl, he’ll do something stupid to lose the game.  I have not agreed with all the discussion about firing McD in the last few years, but I’ve just about lost all confidence in him and his partnership with Beane in putting a team together. 

Even though some of the penalties called against the Bills were bad calls, they seemed out of control with the unsportsmanlike calls.  That’s discipline that’s supposed to come from the coaches, captains and veteran leaders that was lacking.

Fortunately the ghosts of Tom Sestak, Mike Stratton and others pushed those 2 Jets FG attempts to clang off the uprights and they won the game.

Division game, teams HATE each other (especially these two). I’m frustrated with the penalties (Brown and Dawkins), but I bet we don’t see that against most other teams. 

If (big if lately), Bass makes his field goal and extra point, the Jets still lose 27-26 assuming Mike Stratton makes the two field goals. Gotta call that both ways. 

To me the offense and defense looked “right”, with the exception of a few bad penalties and mental lapses on the personal fouls. Guys stepped up. For a normal Bills against Jets game, the offense was good (just gotta stop handcuffing themselves - Brown). 

2 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Division game, teams HATE each other (especially these two). I’m frustrated with the penalties (Brown and Dawkins), but I bet we don’t see that against most other teams. 

If (big if lately), Bass makes his field goal and extra point, the Jets still lose 27-26 assuming Mike Stratton makes the two field goals. Gotta call that both ways. 

To me the offense and defense looked “right”, with the exception of a few bad penalties and mental lapses on the personal fouls. Guys stepped up. For a normal Bills against Jets game, the offense was good (just gotta stop handcuffing themselves - Brown). 

Regarding the Bass “missed” extra point, I’ve noticed some poor broadcast production in recent weeks, both for the NFL and college football.    After the extra point, they showed a replay as they went to commercial break that clearly showed a Jets defensive  lineman jumping up and getting a hand on the ball.   When they came back from the break, they didn’t talk about it and kept referring to it as a miss by Bass.

When watching a college game, there was confusion on the field and the refs were huddled up so the broadcast took a break with the announcer saying “we’ll give you an update when we return”.  When they returned, they just announced down and distance and made no mention of what the discussion was about. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Simon said:

They've got to stick with him.

I have questions about the Bills K coach.

Do the Bills have a Kicking coach? Most teams don’t. The just kinda let kickers do their own thing. If they suck you just find another one unless you give them a big contract with dead money are are stuck with them. That would be dumb. 

I was frustrated in the game like a lot of you.  From the Hail mary and on to the very end it's like the Jets had the momenetum.  Those missed FGs by Zuerlein were huge.  But hey at the end just get outta there with an ugly W.  4-2 is all anyone cares about.

• Like (+1) 1