10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I was just talking about what was going on with the pass rushes 

I hear that. It’s annoying they don’t attack weaknesses and just play their game no matter what. Rodgers hasn’t been good against the blitz and we just didn’t wanna do that 

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

He won’t learn. He severely chokes as the clock nears 00:00.

I see the criticism but they could’ve rushed 5 and they all would’ve gotten held with no call and he would’ve had plenty of time…holding was straight up turned off in the first half. 

the result was as bad as possible though haha so I can’t hate on the criticism 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Yes.....he made a great play there.  But he showed some signs of rust at points in the game.  But nobody will hold that against him.  He was far from a problem.  Hamiln on the other hand......

Benford had a bad night.

Yes, he's was matched up against Wilson, who is elite, but he got schooled on a number of plays.

• Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I see the criticism but they could’ve rushed 5 and they all would’ve gotten held with no call and he would’ve had plenty of time…holding was straight up turned off in the first half. 

the result was as bad as possible though haha so I can’t hate on the criticism 

Rodgers wouldn’t have time to throw that though. McDermott just said they were playing their game sideline. Heck a corner or safety blitz is nowhere to be seen with this team

1 minute ago, BILLieve85 said:

Doesn’t surprise me. McDermott is an idiot

It was actually a called play.  There was a ton of eye candy to draw eyes to the right and Allen just had 1 guy to beat to the corner.   Good play call, good execution.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If we cleaned up the stupid formation penalties (a couple seemed like bs) and false starts I think that second half would’ve gone a lot different

Agree entirely. Playing behind the sticks, especially on your side of the 50, can really limit your offense. 

6 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

As long as he was in front of him.

Why was lazard allowed to be the only guy in front of the pack?? Defense has to do a better job of jockeying for the ball!

Taron seemed like he mistimed his jump absolutely horrendously to the point where you don’t even remember him being in the play

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Hail Mary's are luck, rodgers probably attempts more than other qbs, which is why he has so many. 

When's the last time Allen attempted one? I can't remember. 

Allen doesn’t get to attempt any because no team would ever be stupid enough to rush 2 on a Hail Mary play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Not at all. It was awful, both sides. We got hosed, but also were the beneficiary of some questionable calls too. 

EMBARRASSING night for the NFL.

Like what?  Surely nothing like that absolutely insane call on Epenesa.

28 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

17 may be a deity.

Also, Sean, maybe don’t rush only two against probably the best Hail Mary thrower in league history.  You moron. 

We will never win the SB with him at the controls. He is mind-numbingly addle-brained with situational football late in halves. Frustrating.

• Agree 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Benford had a bad night.

Yes, he's was matched up against Wilson, who is elite, but he got schooled on a number of plays.

I am going to wait to see the All 22 before I am willing to say that.  We play a ton of zone, so he may end up being the guy you see on the TV making the tackle or whatever, but I am not sure how much man to man he actually played.  It may or may not have been a good game for him.  The tape will go a long way towards revealing the truth on that overall, but what I do know for sure is that he had a great pass breakup in the end zone at the end of the game, though.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Funniest thing I heard tonight was when Buck asked Aikman what he thought about Allen leading the league in TDs since 2019. “You don’t want my opinion” lmao

I actually think Aikman was speaking of that corny cartoon of Rodgers and Allen dancing when he said that.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

He’s the worst in the league. Literally anyone would be better 

The guys on the couch are worse. Did you see the guys they brought in a few weeks back for tryouts? Those guys are just as bad or worse. You dont take the cap hit for that. Again, the time to do this was in the off season. I said this stuff early last season and everyone laughed at me and said Bass was fine.

11 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Rodgers PC - called out the refs - said was "ridiculous" - including RTP on him (and the one on the jets).  On hail Mary "they decided to only rush 2 guys so we had all day to do it" Threw receiver under the bus on the int - said he was supposed to go vertical but had to adjust his throw mid-throw when he saw receiver was running wrong route breaking in

How many times did Gabe Davis obviously run the wrong route, and I've never heard Allen pin it on him ever. Rodgers is a bad teammate. 

• Like (+1) 2