10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, BILLieve85 said:

And not one made a play on the ball. It was the wrong call. Didn’t put pressure on Rodgers all game. Let him sit back there all game. He can’t move!

Jets were propped up by legalized holding for a lot of that game.  It wasn’t getting called on either team until the refs absolutely lost their mind in an infinite makeup call loop lol 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Just a question if it already hasn’t been asked…..

Why wouldn’t the Bills put Keion Coleman on the field in an obvious Hail Mary situation? You know….the guy that played NCAA hoops and can jump to the sky?

Why can’t McDermott and crew think outside of the box? I mean….it’s not even thinking outside of the box. Other teams have put offensive players out there in that situation for years.

Sean McDermott spits the bit when the clock nears 00:00 and he and his staff almost cost the Bills another football game.

This team isn’t smart enough for that

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

Aaron calling out Mike Williams isn’t really a great look.  I don’t think MW is long for the Jets after this.

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Man, Rodgers also throwing Mike Williams under the bus. Basically ran the wrong route. 

Heard that as well. 

No accountability for him ever 😂 

W. That’s all that matters. 4-2. We beat the Jets and the Refs

Best part was Josh’s was ON. No happy feet, in control and made good decisions. Not to mention the game winning 3rd down run.

O-line was nasty again against a GOOD defensive front. Loved to see it.

Ray Davis coming out party

McD defense gives up ANOTHER Hail Mary. Inexcusable.

Rapp had some good plays. Hamlin shouldn’t see the field.

Bass-O-Matic is now Ass-O-Matic

Johnson and Bernard made their presence felt.

Launch Aikman into the sun that guy is a complete douche bag

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sitting here going over this game in my mind and I still have no idea what to think about it. 

I mean, as I said earlier, it absolutely reinforces the fact that we are in desperate need of not just a WR1, but we also need a WR2.  Shakir is a good player.  He we severely limited with the injury tonight, but he is a nice player who I would love as a WR3.  Coleman to me will never be better than a WR4.  He just can't separate.  Couldn't do it in college and he will never do it against to CBs in this league consistently. 

That said, with all the crap that happened in this game, I still kind of feel the score was closer than it should have been.  Bass missing kicks.  The stupid Hail Mary that should have never happened.  The terrible roughing the passer on AJ that should have ended that drive.  The absolutely awful roughing call on Brown for finishing his pancake block.  So many calls in big situations that definitely affected the scoring.  I mean, we did get a few breaks ourselves because of how bad the refs were, but so many of the calls on us were on potential game changing plays.

So yeah, in the end, I think I just want to fire this game into the sun and never think of it again.  Outside of reinforcing the need for more skill players at WR, I honestly don't know that there is anything redeeming about this game.  But hey.....4-2 with a 2.5 game lead in the division.  I think with the schedule we had, most of us would have signed up for that before the season started.  But make no mistake about it.....  We are not a Super Bowl contender this season as our roster is currently constructed.  The good news is that we don't need to be playing our best football now.  We need to be playing our best ball at the end of the season.  So, the front office, even though they will have to get creative with the cap, still has time to upgrade this WR situation and the coaching staff still has a couple months to get the brain transplants they are showing week in and week out they are in desperate need of.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No he didn't. A guy like Rodgers you rush because he is practically a statue. He woulda never made that throw. The guy had like 6 seconds in a crater of a hole to comfortably wait and perfect his pass with no pressure.

Agreed AR just said they chose to rush 2. As if that was a bad idea. Why on earth would 50 and 57 be covering the sidelines on on obvious Hail Mary with 0 time outs. And a bad wind for the kicker if they tried a quick out. An absolute horrible decision by SM!!! And yes not executed on the back end by the 5-10 DB’s. It was mentioned how about 13 and 0 along with 24 who can jump out of the gym. These decisions just like 13 seconds demonstrates that SM is not capable of leading this top 6 talent team with arguably the second best qb in the NFL. We are unfortunately going to see this movie again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Jets were propped up by legalized holding for a lot of that game.  It wasn’t getting called on either team until the refs absolutely lost their mind in an infinite makeup call loop lol 

Yeah the refs were bad, but this coaching staff kept the Jets in the game. This game should’ve never come to that at the end

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Aaron Rogers on the Hail Mary:

“they decide to rush 2 so we had all day to do it”

Oh McD, will you ever learn?

He won’t learn. He severely chokes as the clock nears 00:00.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You dont take that dead cap hit just to put the same or worse kicker on the team. The time to do this was the off season. If they are going to take a dead cap hit like that then it needs to be for a better player.  Honestly, same as Diggs. I know Diggs kinda forced his way out but they needed to find a better replacement than the guys they brought in.

Stop saying that. You don’t lose games because of 3 million dollars of dead cap. We didn’t care about the Diggs dead cap. We care about a kicker? We are not sacrificing wins for a kickers dead cap FFS. And Worse kicker isn’t in play here. This guy’s confidence is shot. I even thought he might miss that 22 harder. He CANT kick for us. I don’t care if they pay the next kicker 40k a year.