10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Iverwig said:

Especially for a freaking kicker 

Bass would carry a $7 mil dead cap if we cut him. We already were hurting on cap space this year. I think Beane washoping he’d figure it out. 

Unfortunately that hasn’t happened. And there is no one else good. I can guarantee next year he won’t be on the roster

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He is embarrassed by what he said about Josh on draft night. 

So double, triple, quadruple down on it.

Not he first time he's ***** on the bills.  I don't even think it's an Allen thing.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Fixed it.

Bills WRs were ok this game.  However, their lack of a high end kicker has cost them 3 field goals and 2 extra points this year.  11 points because Bass has no consistency.

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

This is a playoff team because someone has to win the division but it’s not a contending team. The jets were down 3 starters INT he secondary and the bills still struggle for get going through the air.

and the defense lacks blue chippers 

you have Josh and you have to win 3-4 games. If he’s healthy and you are playing you are a contender still even if not the favorite 

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was at that game and the visceral pain of it kept me awake

I had a nice seat at the edge of the upper deck, scoreboard end, sunny side.  I spread out, got nice and cozy in the afternoon sun and had a good 45 minute nap.  Nobody woke me and there was no noise to wake me either.  I missed nothing.  Woke up like I'd hit the FFWD through the game, watched Derek Anderson complete two passes, kick a FG and then went home.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

God I hope. I'm not even upset about the insane personal fouls anymore I'm upset at the times Jets defenders blew up guys after the play was over.

The refereeing was bad for the Bills, but it was bad for the Jets too. Just horrible officiating all around. The final holding call on the Jets was a joke — that was the barest of holds (don’t get me wrong, I loved the call). The refs made the game straight up bad televised entertainment. 

• Agree 2

Just now, stevewin said:

They created a vortex of bad makeup calls to make up for the bad makeup calls for the bad calls

Exactly!  Then it was just to late and each team had to just ride the wave. It was just to big to stop

Which I appreciate cause they did kind of balance it out. 

But man these guys are going to be getting some awful grades this week 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

They’re not gonna waste a draft pick in season when they don’t the defense to be a contender 

Man idk I don’t agree.  The jets have run the gauntlet of really good defenses and had just gotten Morgan Moses and cj Mosley back which are two hugely important players one on each side 

that’s a pretty quality win on the road imo 

I have always thought their defense was a bit overrated and offense a bit underrated due to how weird their schedule has been

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

We’ve been begging for years to not lose a close sloppy game by being “Billsy.” Tonight we won a game we are so used to losing. I’ll take this right up there with any other win. They didn’t panic on that last drive like I just “knew” they were going to. I’m happy. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2