10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have no memory of this movie, but have always been able to quote this entire scene!!

“He’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow.”!  🤣

So I married an Ax murderer. Funny stuff 👍

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

Did the Jets find a way to contain us in the second half, or did the refs kill all of our drives with penalties?

1st drive - OPI Knox (He did push off, but was also held; Kelce literally does this for a living)
2nd drive - Personal foul Spencer Brown (for a run of the mill pancake block, totally unnecessary call)
3rd drive - Personal foul Dion Dawkins (between the quarters? wtf???)
4th drive - FG (aided by a BS roughing the passer against the jets)
5th drive- kneel out

Those 2nd and 3rd drives were absolutely killed by the refs, nothing the Jets did had much to do with it.

100% agree.  That's why I said "contain" us.  Made a key stop in redzone, rest was our own mistakes and/or poor officiating.

Agree about the refs.  We also shot ourselves in the foot.  Dion penalty, too many false starts/illegal formations.  Brown call was atrocious by refs.  So yes, a mix of bad officiating and poor discipline.  Jets didn't stop us, contained us is maybe generous.  Refs + self inflicted.  

Thought this was a good gameplan by Brady.  Very promising to see our OL come out and dominate.

The only thing worse than the refs tonight was the call from the booth. Aikman is atrocious.

At one point Buck said when Josh was asked about his INTs being down, he humbly replied something like, "I've thrown a few, they just haven't caught them." And then Aikman turns that into a rant (I'm paraphrasing), "yeah, he's still trowing a ton of bad balls, he's just lucky the defenses aren't catching them this year. He should probably have like 5 or 6 interceptions already." What? Has he even watched another Bills game this year? Ugh.

Also, amidst the praise for Rapp, Davis, Johnson, etc. Wanted to give a little shout out to Damar Hamlin. I thought he played a really nice game tonight also.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Taron seemed like he mistimed his jump absolutely horrendously to the point where you don’t even remember him being in the play

Lazard actually pushed him in the back just before the ball got there but taron's lack of recovery from that was so awkward

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

don’t run your mouth against Chris Jones or our season will end in catastrophe again

for that matter don’t say “good luck” and laugh at the other team before a playoff game against the defending champions

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, folz said:

The only thing worse than the refs tonight was the call from the booth. Aikman is atrocious.

At one point Buck said when Josh was asked about his INTs being down, he humbly replied something like, "I've thrown a few, they just haven't caught them." And then Aikman turns that into a rant (I'm paraphrasing), "yeah, he's still trowing a ton of bad balls, he's just lucky the defenses aren't catching them this year. He should probably have like 5 or 6 interceptions already." What? Has he even watched another Bills game this year? Ugh.

Also, amidst the praise for Rapp, Davis, Johnson, etc. Wanted to give a little shout out to Damar Hamlin. I thought he played a really nice game tonight also.

Go Bills!

The INT bit by Aikman was dumb but he was quick to call out the refs tonight on their bs several times.

23 minutes ago, Bookie Man said:

In a game where flags were flying like the salmon of capistrano, I can't believe Rapp didn't get flagged on either of those breakups. Both were clean hits, but refs were way overly trigger happy tonight.

Flying like the salmon of capistrano. Outstanding!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, folz said:

Wanted to give a little shout out to Damar Hamlin. I thought he played a really nice game tonight also.

Go Bills!

Hamlin did not play well tonight. He is a huge liability in coverage and that’s even leaving out the awful Hail Mary that I blame on McD. Bishop needs to be in asap so that he’s ready come playoff time. Hamlin is not it and never will be. Great story but enough is enough 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, folz said:

Go Bills!

That’s not how I remember the conversation. Aikman wasn’t dissing Allen. Josh himself said he’s thrown some bad balls the other side just hasn’t caught them. Aikman simply agreed with him.

Troy Aiken traumatized me as a young child and I still don’t see him as being anti Bills. 

Richard Sherman is tho…

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Hamlin did not play well tonight. He is a huge liability in coverage and that’s even leaving out the awful Hail Mary that I blame on McD. Bishop needs to be in asap so that he’s ready come playoff time. Hamlin is not it and never will be. Great story but enough is enough 

I'm not sure what you saw tonight specifically (please explain if you want to). I saw one coverage assignment that might have been Damar's mistake, but other than that, he led the team in tackles (with a lot of nice solo stops) and was in on the hit that prevented one of the almost-TDs. 

I'm not saying Damar is the answer, and we all expect Cole to take over at some point. But I thought Damar played tough tonight, so I wanted to give him a shout out. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Why does our defense look so bad in the first quarter this season? It puts so much more pressure on the offense to immediately be playing from behind, and it messes up our playcalling.

I have been wondering the same thing.

They need to play all four quarters with the same high intensity that they show in the second half.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

don’t point at tonight as a win for McDermott 

Sometimes teams need to win ugly.  Take the W.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, folz said:

I'm not sure what you saw tonight specifically (please explain if you want to). I saw one coverage assignment that might have been Damar's mistake, but other than that, he led the team in tackles (with a lot of nice solo stops) and was in on the hit that prevented one of the almost-TDs. 

I'm not saying Damar is the answer, and we all expect Cole to take over at some point. But I thought Damar played tough tonight, so I wanted to give him a shout out. 🤷‍♂️

Watch the game intently focusing on the secondary. Watch how often our corners are left on islands because our safeties are in their own world. This didn’t happen with Hyde and Poyer back there. That’s why the deep middle of the field is being picked apart by good teams this year. Yay Hamlin can tackle sometimes but how about be in position help out your corners or defend the pass before the receiver catches it. I hate what we did in the offseason at WR with signing McKenzie 2.0 in Samuel and can’t catch a pass to save his life MVS but to only go after Mike Edwards who is always inactive and then play the shouldn’t ever be starting Hamlin may be the bigger blunder. I don’t love all the money they threw at Rapp either even after his nice pass breakup today because for as often as he does that, the next week he’ll wrecklessly injure one of his own players (Taron Johnson)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Just want to say too that Chris Brown has been much better doing PBP on WGR this season. He's toned down the screaming significantly.

He’s definitely been getting better over time.  I did need to listen to the game last week, and my biggest complaint from that is there are times where him and Eric Wood aren’t descriptive at all about what’s actually happening during the play, you still get their reaction, and then the recap it after.  Wish they’d be more descriptive during the actual play.

• Like (+1) 1