10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, stevestojan said:

We’ve been begging for years to not lose a close sloppy game by being “Billsy.” Tonight we won a game we are so used to losing. I’ll take this right up there with any other win. They didn’t panic on that last drive like I just “knew” they were going to. I’m happy. 

agreed. But they showed a little Billsy leg with that Hail Mary.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Man idk I don’t agree.  The jets have run the gauntlet of really good defenses and had just gotten Morgan Moses and cj Mosley back which are two hugely important players.

that’s a pretty quality win on the road imo 

Sure but you look at the AFC and clearly the chiefs, ravens, Houston and likely the chargers are a level up on this team. I just don’t see how the Bills get through those teams. 

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Some questionable penalties, mistakes on both sides, both kickers struggled with wind...this is where better team finds a way to win an ugly game.

This game was 20-10, fluke hail Mary and the roughing the passer, made it 20-20.

Jets found a way to contain us in 2nd half, but make no mistake our defense stepped up in 2nd half as well.

Did the Jets find a way to contain us in the second half, or did the refs kill all of our drives with penalties?

1st drive - OPI Knox (He did push off, but was also held; Kelce literally does this for a living)
2nd drive - Personal foul Spencer Brown (for a run of the mill pancake block, totally unnecessary call)
3rd drive - Personal foul Dion Dawkins (between the quarters? wtf???)
4th drive - FG (aided by a BS roughing the passer against the jets)
5th drive- kneel out

Those 2nd and 3rd drives were absolutely killed by the refs, nothing the Jets did had much to do with it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, appoo said:

Sure but you look at the AFC and clearly the chiefs, ravens, Houston and likely the chargers are a level up on this team. I just don’t see how the Bills get through those teams. 

Eli Manning and the Giants say hello. 

11 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

What’s up with Aikman’s candy apple red skin and eyeballs 

When you've made a 100 million or so and won 3 Super Bowls and you're retired and bored you'll start having sex with aliens too.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Bass would carry a $7 mil dead cap if we cut him. We already were hurting on cap space this year. I think Beane washoping he’d figure it out. 

Unfortunately that hasn’t happened. And there is no one else good. I can guarantee next year he won’t be on the roster

They took $30mil dead cap to get rid of Diggs. He’s costing them games. This team doesn’t need to settle for FGs. Anyone is better at this point

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Bass would carry a $7 mil dead cap if we cut him. We already were hurting on cap space this year. I think Beane washoping he’d figure it out. 

Unfortunately that hasn’t happened. And there is no one else good. I can guarantee next year he won’t be on the roster

Can we afford to keep him?!?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Browns claim they aren't trading cooper, but they restructured his contract and thier season is almost over, so if they keep losing... there's a glimmer of hope

It was a discussion about kicker. Replacing Bass.

Just now, foreboding said:

Am I being homer if I say that really was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen??

Not at all. It was awful, both sides. We got hosed, but also were the beneficiary of some questionable calls too. 

EMBARRASSING night for the NFL.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1