10/14/24 Game 6 Bills at (NJ) Jets MNF Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

How do the jets feel?   You are not wrong but it’s not easy to solve mid season.  

That's my biggest problem with the whole kicking situation.

They pretended everything was fine in the off-season and in camp.  

Should've had a real competition in camp.

And Beane needs to stop with these early extensions.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It cannot be overstated how close we came to losing this game

I actually think they can rally and stop him short of the first down. 

but talk about “almost” plays: the first TD by the jets goes through a bills player’s hands; and Rodgers completes a huge 3rd and long under the arm pit of Bernard. Not to mention the Hail Mary. They had some fluke plays, and we could have easily won this game by 20 points.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Exactly.  I couldn't care less about the style points.  Just take the W and move on.

How many games have the Chiefs won in similar fashion?

This is a playoff team because someone has to win the division but it’s not a contending team. The jets were down 3 starters INT he secondary and the bills still struggle for get going through the air.

and the defense lacks blue chippers 

Edited by appoo
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

As much as I love NFL records for Josh Allen, this one is kind of lame considering Mahomes played one game his rookie year.

Saved him from some growing pains type bad stats too though and getting thrown to the wolves your rookie year and making it through has gotta be worth something 

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Except if they actually did it, the coaches would coach them not to commit the penalties.  Right now it's the opposite where you have teams that specifically hold all the time and dare you to call it.  KC's tackle last year false stared every down as a strategy. Miami's offense used illegal motion all the time.  You HAVE to throw the flags, and do it consistently for a little while to get the crap out of the game.

Yeah, but those are legit penalties. Not blocking too hard. Or re-setting during an audible. Or tackling a QB with the number 8. Or saying mean words a to an official. Or unknown happenings between periods. 

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Going forward I think when in a Hail Mary situation Keon Coleman and MVS should be on the field as safeties in order to bat down the jump balls.

lots of teams have done this over the history of the nfl, keyshawn johnson was good at it.

I was thinking hollins would be perfect for it

Anyone but damar who looks like a contest winner out there

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Going forward I think when in a Hail Mary situation Keon Coleman and MVS should be on the field as safeties in order to bat down the jump balls.

lots of teams have done this over the history of the nfl, keyshawn johnson was good at it.

That requires coaching.  Instead, let's make sure we have the shortest DBs on the field.

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There is no one out there at this point. This is a move they had to make in the off season.

Browns claim they aren't trading cooper, but they restructured his contract and thier season is almost over, so if they keep losing... there's a glimmer of hope

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

If only a Hail Mary had occurred previously that our HC could learn from!!!!!  SMH!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

God I hope. I'm not even upset about the insane personal fouls anymore I'm upset at the times Jets defenders blew up guys after the play was over.

agreed. 

I will also say— I have never seen the “replay assist” used so much in one game. I think “New York” knew this crew was struggling badly. 

4 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

do we have a replacement?

No. Another bad extension by Beane.  Should've had a real kicking competition in camp.

They pretended everything was fine, just like the WR room.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

That's my biggest problem with the whole kicking situation.

They pretended everything was fine in the off-season and in camp.  

Should've had a real competition in camp.

And Beane needs to stop with these early extensions.

Especially for a freaking kicker 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

One thing that needs to improve is scramble drill.  We made some plays tonight in that regard, but the amount of time Josh gives them, you’d figure they have to improve in that respect.  I really thought Keon, Shakir and Kincaid would be sufficient targets in that respect.  

Gabe was awful too…. I haven’t paid much attention this year but I wonder about it if others are noticing a trend