Lets Create Our Own Power Ranking

Chaos

Which AFC teams Are Currently Better than the Bills ( to Close Thursday 10/17)  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which teams are currently better then the Bills?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers
    • Broncos
    • Raiders
    • Texans
    • Colts
    • Titans
    • Jaguars
    • Ravens
    • Steelers
    • Bengals
    • Browns
    • Jets
    • Dolphins
    • Patriots
    • No team is better than the Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2024 at 09:40 PM

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea same. The Bengals are the ones I don't know what to do with. I think they have a higher ceiling than the Bills but their flaws might be more fundamental.

They are an interesting team to watch. They seem to flounder for long periods of time and then get a big play or sustain a long drive that makes them seem like a really good team.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea same. The Bengals are the ones I don't know what to do with. I think they have a higher ceiling than the Bills but their flaws might be more fundamental.

The Bengals are a bad football team.  

Edited by Billl

4 hours ago, Sojourner said:

Play what game? There’s a difference between a guy who took the top off our defense, scored a TD then never came back as opposed to 3 guys who didn’t even suit up for the same game. 

There is no “hypothetical”. 

But if you want hypotheticals, you forgot Ed Oliver. 

You also have to add Joe Mixon, Dameon Pierce and Tytus Howard. 

Who knows, the game probably ends up similar to what it was; a 1 score game. The winner? 50/50. 

It's absolutely the same game. If they had x injured player then blah blah blah. You can play the game on both sides. 

2 hours ago, Billl said:

So the 3-2 Bills who have wins over the Cardinals, Jaguars, and Dolphins and the 2-4 Bengals who have wins over the Panthers and Giants are tied with the Chiefs who have won 11 straight games which include wins against the Bills and Bengals plus the Super Bowl?  That is one heck of a hot take

Yes, they can only play who's in front of them. The Bengals are better than their record. The Chiefs are worse than theirs and I don't give a ***** about wins extending to last year. 

If those 4 teams I named played each other 2 times a year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them all come out 1-1 vs each other.

Edited by Herc11
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Every possible view point exists on TBD.  Lots of disagreements. 

No one (except me) is right all the time.  But in general, as a group we get it pretty close to correct. In my opinion the collective TBD mind probably exceeds the teams management, and certainly exceeds the sports writer coverage of the team. 

Lets see how we rank the AFC, which will deduce from the question "who is better than the Bills?" right now.  Poll to close Thursday before next weeks games start. 

I think the Chiefs, Ravens, and Texans are better than the Bills now. Not ready to put the Steelers or Chargers on par with the Bills yet. 

I am not so sure Texans are really better than us yet.  Both teams were missing good players, and yet with Allen playing the absolute worst maybe of his entire career we still not only almost won that game, but should have won.  And Texans were struggling in wins prior to that game against lesser teams and also had a bad blow out on their record (Vikings) like we had (Ravens).  

But, if you ignore their record I might suggest Bengals would be a tougher opponent for us right now and not so sure we can beat them with how our offense is playing. 

So I went Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals as the only teams I feel would be most likely teams to better than us on the field in a head to head matchup.  Chiefs are very beatable, but they keep winning their close games thanks to the Defense being great again to where the O doesn't have to win shootouts.  Ravens smashed us, so can't take anything away from them when they dominated both trenches that game.  And I am not sure if our defense can slow the Bengals offense down enough right now missing Taron, Von and Milano for offense to keep pace unless our offense gets back on track here like it was the first 3 weeks.

8 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

It's absolutely the same game. If they had x injured player then blah blah blah. You can play the game on both sides. 

Yes, they can only play who's in front of them. The Bengals are better than their record. The Chiefs are worse than theirs and I don't give a ***** about wins extending to last year. 

Fair enough. You see guys who were never in the game to begin with as the same as a guy who produced a score to have them up 11 and then left the game. 

That’s the beauty of life, people see things differently. Right on brother!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Well since this power ranking is just about each team vs the Bills as opposed to a league wide power ranking...I went ahead and listed the Bengals as one of the 3 teams better than the Bills because I am not sure we can matchup well with them right now.  Bengals are scoring a lot and not sure our D can slow them down enough without Taron, Milano, and Von for the offense to keep up based on how the offense played the past 2 weeks.  

So the way I looked at this power ranking was which team would be the better team on the field in a head to head matchup right now...and we have not played well at all against the Bengals the past 2 years.  And with our offense in a rut, our D missing 3 key starters, and their offense scoring a lot this matchup feels tougher than a rematch with the Texans who we almost just beat without the same starters on D, no Shakir, and Allen literally maybe playing his worst game of his career.  

Just my 2 cents on how I viewed this poll...

57 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Consenus after 88 votes:

1. Ravens

2. Chiefs

3. Texans

4. Bills

5. Bengals

6. Steelers

7. Chargers
8. Jets
9-16 - Everyone else

Looks like the 4 division winners, ultimately very close to how the seeding will end up if you swap Baltimore and KC

The Bills being the 4th division winner and losing in the WC round in a blowout loss to the best bad team or the worst good team would be very on brand.

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well since this power ranking is just about each team vs the Bills as opposed to a league wide power ranking...I went ahead and listed the Bengals as one of the 3 teams better than the Bills because I am not sure we can matchup well with them right now.  Bengals are scoring a lot and not sure our D can slow them down enough without Taron, Milano, and Von for the offense to keep up based on how the offense played the past 2 weeks.  

So the way I looked at this power ranking was which team would be the better team on the field in a head to head matchup right now...and we have not played well at all against the Bengals the past 2 years.  And with our offense in a rut, our D missing 3 key starters, and their offense scoring a lot this matchup feels tougher than a rematch with the Texans who we almost just beat without the same starters on D, no Shakir, and Allen literally maybe playing his worst game of his career.  

Just my 2 cents on how I viewed this poll...

I can see that. I just think the Bengals weakness in both trenches is a pretty fundamental flaw. They have the worst combined O and D lines of any team who came into the season considered to have a Superbowl shot. 

But equally when Burrow and their two wideouts are on, I think they can hang with anyone. They are the one team in the NFL who wouldn't stun me if they were in the final four and yet also wouldn't stun me if they had a losing record. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I can see that. I just think the Bengals weakness in both trenches is a pretty fundamental flaw. They have the worst combined O and D lines of any team who came into the season considered to have a Superbowl shot. 

But equally when Burrow and their two wideouts are on, I think they can hang with anyone. They are the one team in the NFL who wouldn't stun me if they were in the final four and yet also wouldn't stun me if they had a losing record. 

I agree with all this 

6 hours ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

Texans aren’t better than us. The only teams I currently see are Ravens and well obviously the chiefs (who we can both still beat). Texans got lucky that McDermott decided to completely throw out the fundamentals of 2 minute football and NOT take the game into overtime. 

Nah, Texans are definitely better. They are easily a top 3 AFC team at the moment. Buffalo can change that if they can go on a nice win streak.