Lets Create Our Own Power Ranking

Chaos

Which AFC teams Are Currently Better than the Bills ( to Close Thursday 10/17)  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which teams are currently better then the Bills?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers
    • Broncos
    • Raiders
    • Texans
    • Colts
    • Titans
    • Jaguars
    • Ravens
    • Steelers
    • Bengals
    • Browns
    • Jets
    • Dolphins
    • Patriots
    • No team is better than the Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2024 at 09:40 PM

Every possible view point exists on TBD.  Lots of disagreements. 

No one (except me) is right all the time.  But in general, as a group we get it pretty close to correct. In my opinion the collective TBD mind probably exceeds the teams management, and certainly exceeds the sports writer coverage of the team. 

Lets see how we rank the AFC, which will deduce from the question "who is better than the Bills?" right now.  Poll to close Thursday before next weeks games start. 

I think the Chiefs, Ravens, and Texans are better than the Bills now. Not ready to put the Steelers or Chargers on par with the Bills yet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is a bit redundant with the standings and all. But it is somewhat interesting if you factor in coaching.  It's pretty obvious Baltimore, KC, and Houston are in the conversation.  But with their defense and coaching, you can't dismiss the Steelers IMO.  I'm also surprised by the Bengals record so far.  If the Bills lose decisively to the Jets, you can start to think about checking a bunch of boxes.

• Agree 1

Chiefs, Texans, Ravens. 

That’s it. That’s the list. 

Unless we get crushed by the Jets tonight. Then it’s the entire list, plus whatever team HeHateMe played for in the XFL, and a penal league team or two. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

Texans aren’t better than us. The only teams I currently see are Ravens and well obviously the chiefs (who we can both still beat). Texans got lucky that McDermott decided to completely throw out the fundamentals of 2 minute football and NOT take the game into overtime. 

Disagree. Roster for roster they’re ahead of us. Only place where we are outright better is QB. That game wouldn’t have been close had Collins not left due to injury for 3 quarters. Sorry to burst the bubble dude. 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Power rankings are dumb.  It will get sorted out by record and playoffs.

About the only enjoyable thing on WGR's afternoon show is the Tuesday 'AFC Reverse Power Rankings'.  Generally an interesting time while they go through their reasoning for the standings.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Ravens are the only team with a slight advantage and only because of how Henry is playing right now. 

Second place is a 4-way tie between Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, and Houston.

Chiefs have won one game by a toe and a second by poor officiating. They were very close to being 3-2.

Bengals o-line is still a mess and running game is so-so.

Houston barely survived due to piss-poor play calling at the end and with us missing key players. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Goin Breakdown said:

Polls like this at this point after a couple of bad losses remind me of my older brother asking me " Do I still look young and in shape?  Ya think chicks would dig me still?"  

Always tough to honestly answer when he's 57, balding, has a paunch, and his Polygrip doesn't grip. 🙁

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Disagree. Roster for roster they’re ahead of us. Only place where we are outright better is QB. That game wouldn’t have been close had Collins not left due to injury for 3 quarters. Sorry to burst the bubble dude. 

Ok, we can play that game. How would the game of been different with Taron, Shakir, and Von playing?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Would be fun to open it up to the entire NFL.  Only NFC teams I would consider at this point are MN, Det and SF.  

Minnesota, eh I’m not so sure about. They’re a decent team but if the talk about Buffalo only beating bad opponents then what have they done? 

I’ve watched all of their games and every single team has had multiple errors which cost them the game. Every single matchup. 

Now, you have to give them credit for capitalizing on it but it’s reminiscent of the season they had a couple years ago where Kirk Cousins gave them like 8 comeback wins. 

The Giants, well, enough said. 
The 9ers, fumbled and threw an INT late in the game. 
Texans, started off brutal; INT on the second play of the day. Missed FG the next drive then their final 3 drives went INT/Downs/Downs. 

Packers and Love went into total meltdown and literally and figuratively threw the game away. 
Jets, Rodgers and Hackett did everything they could to lose the game. 

Again, credit to the Vikings as they’ve beaten everyone in front of them but I don’t put anything into it other than teams gifting them extra possessions via a top notch defense. Very similar to the Jets imo just more efficient at capitalizing on the turnovers. 

3 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Ok, we can play that game. How would the game of been different with Taron, Shakir, and Von playing?

Play what game? There’s a difference between a guy who took the top off our defense, scored a TD then never came back as opposed to 3 guys who didn’t even suit up for the same game. 

There is no “hypothetical”. 

But if you want hypotheticals, you forgot Ed Oliver. 

You also have to add Joe Mixon, Dameon Pierce and Tytus Howard. 

Who knows, the game probably ends up similar to what it was; a 1 score game. The winner? 50/50. 

20 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Only place where we are outright better is QB.

Stroud is catching up to Allen pretty quickly. I’d say he’s already a better pure passer than our guy.