10/14/24 Game 6 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

That ain't windy...that's an average day in Buffalo.

Yes, I understand.  Im using humor to illustrate the absurdity of our run at all costs offensive scheme.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

When was that statement? I can’t argue with him if it was after they played us. 

Josh had an absolute stinker. Might not see that bad a game for a very long time. 

That statement, at least to me, is indicative of the game itself. Not the QB, their season or career. 

1 minute ago, Sojourner said:

Josh had an absolute stinker. Might not see that bad a game for a very long time. 

That statement, at least to me, is indicative of the game itself. Not the QB, their season or career. 

It was the worst game for any QB in over 30 years so yeah, probably won't see one worse.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Brady needs to mix up the offense tonight with some play action. The offense has looked terrible the past two weeks and the Jets defense is probably better than the both the Ravens and Texans. One of the biggest issues has been small gains on first down putting the offense into second and third and long allowing teams to just blitz and play pass. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

Brady needs to mix up the offense tonight with some play action. The offense has looked terrible the past two weeks and the Jets defense is probably better than the both the Ravens and Texans. One of the biggest issues has been small gains on first down putting the offense into second and third and long allowing teams to just blitz and play pass. 

It seemed to me that pre-snap motion really fueled this offense.  I don't recall seeing much the last few games

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It seemed to me that pre-snap motion really fueled this offense.  I don't recall seeing much the last few games

It's mind boggling why he would stop with it when it worked so well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Away games. The crowd noice impacts motion.  It’s going to be loud in there tonight.  

I expect to see around the same as the last two games in tonight game to help minimize potential mistakes 

Just now, Big Turk said:

It's mind boggling why he would stop with it when it worked so well.

See above.  It’s a lot more difficult in the road

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Away games. The crowd noice impacts motion.  It’s going to be loud in there tonight.  

I expect to see around the same as the last two games in tonight game to help minimize potential mistakes 

The receivers already make mistakes.  May as well add in motion to try and get a competitive advantage against a great defense 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t buy that.  There was significant motion in the gameplan for the Miami Thursday night game which was in hostile territory.   I think they are trying to be too smart for their own good by overly changing the strategy each week.  

Just now, buffblue said:

Really? Worse than Nate Peterman against the Chargers? This seems like extreme hyperbole

No QB had ever completed less than 10 passes on 30+ attempts in the last 30+ years(I believe they said 32 years).

Just now, Bills14221 said:

I don’t buy that.  There was significant motion in the gameplan for the Miami Thursday night game which was in hostile territory.   I think they are trying to be too smart for their own good by overly changing the strategy each week.  

That Cook TD pass on 4th down was due to brilliant orbit motion that confused the hell out of the defense....left him wide open

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It was the worst game for any QB in over 30 years so yeah, probably won't see one worse.

Yes, Josh had a bad game.  His completion percentage was crap and he was rushing his throws.  Also had a ton of very smart 'throwaways' which doesn't help his numbers.  However, I'd like to argue that using a system that rates QB's based on numbers is a crap system.  I like to use the eye test and the 6 turnover game (5 picks, 1 fumble) that took Nathan Peterman all of 2 quarters of football to turn in was perhaps just a 'WEE' bit worse than Josh's game vs Houston last Sunday.

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There are going to be a lot of bills fans there tonight. I live down here…this game always feels like a Bills halfway  home crowd 

42 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Agree with you.  Coaches always talk up their next opponent as much as they can.  During the drought years, Belichick would make our team sound like it was loaded with HOFers.  He probably had a good chuckle (or at least smirk) after those press conferences.