10/14/24 Game 6 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Im not sure this team as currently constituted is capable of the sort of run that they had the end of last year

they absolutely are.  Remember , Diggs’ numbers were pretty terrible during that big win streak.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

they absolutely are.  Remember , Diggs’ numbers were pretty terrible during that big win streak.

That was because Allen was playing out of the world (in spite of those INTs). 

37 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Until the Bills can make opposing Ds pay for stacking the box and bringing the house every single play, our WRs wont get the chance to be held

Thats essentially it, as I see it.   The last two games, the Bills offense has been highly predictable based on their sets and motion.  The defenses recognize it and bring the heat on the back side of the play while jumping the pattern.  

Play action, screens, running the ball are all good to help with that; but they have to do it less predictably.  Running every first down between the tackles then following that up with a stuffed run because they know that’s your tendency is a recipe for a lot of 3rd downs.  Then the swing WR hitch.  Yep. Blowed up.  Punt. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

why are we giving a pass on our drafting.  We have not been good at drafting great players (besides Allen)

This is one reason why I'm not a huge McD critic - other than his failure to find a good OC.  I don't think Beane has yet given McD a Super Bowl quality roster.  So I don't know why there's a chorus to fire McD for not getting to the SB.   Beane hasn't built a bad roster.  But every year there are rosters with more talent than ours.  

I think of the old saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."  Beane gave Brady lemons.  Shame on Beane.  But Brady took the lemons and turned them into inedible prison slop.  

• Agree 1

If Josh doesn’t get the happy feet and takes what the defense is giving him, we will win by 2 scores, especially with Shakir back. 

Brady needs to switch it up on first down instead of running it 80% of the time.

Run the ball, get Knox and Kincaid involved, give Shakir 10 targets and need defined routes for Cook out of the backfield.

• Like (+1) 4

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Going into the 3 road game stretch this was actually the game I was most concerned about. Really did not expect 0-2 in the other games, what a bummer. 

I'm almost always positive about the Bills but I am going with an L tonight, followed by a long win streak that includes beating KC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Being in Ga I’ve watched a few Falcons games.  Cousins doesn’t have elite skilled players, but he’s getting lots of completions because he’s not running for his life.  He stays in the pocket and trusts his OL.  Would like to see the same from JA17.

It would be nice if our receivers didn't run long routes all game like we did last week.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure how it is in northern NJ today but down in Maryland the winds are howling strong.  Would definitely be hard to throw and kick into this.  Maybe it subsides a bit tonight but running the ball will be the key for whoever does it better.

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If I don't see a pass behind the line of scrimmage tonight during the first series will be a positive start to the game. Hope to see Brady mix things up some and not allow opponents to key in on tendencies.

If the jets blitz heavily , I think the bills will need alot of quick passes, but I agree. If they throw a screen to Samuel behind the LoS, I might break my TV 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If I don't see a pass behind the line of scrimmage tonight during the first series will be a positive start to the game. Hope to see Brady mix things up some and not allow opponents to key in on tendencies.

You probably will though. Right after two (unpredictable) runs right up the gut.