10/14/24 Game 6 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Funny how quickly things can change in the NFL, from Josh being MVP favorite to questioning whether we can beat the Jets.  I’d like to think Josh and the team will raise their games tonight, but definitely feeling less confident about this one than even the Ravens and Texans games.  Hopefully the team proves my gut completely wrong tonight.

Just one of many twists and turns teams take during an nfl season.  The season made up of multiple mini seasons.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It will likely be a close game, and I wish I had  more confidence in our coaching when it comes to close games.  I'm still rattled by how we managed to beat ourselves yet again last week in the closing minutes.

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

It just sucks that so many of this feel this way.  The team has looked half hearted the last couple weeks, they're walking into a highly charged situation tonight, and just dont seem to have a functional personality or plan on offense, and the D has been disappointing.  Monday night game, crowd will be it's usual craziness, Rogers got his way and got rid of the coach, i just hope this isnt over before it gets started.  I told my son if the Bills go 3 and out first 3 drives, and/or fall 2 scores behind it's kind of hard to see this team getting it together for a comeback, they just dont seem to have the juice

The sky is falling! 

• Like (+1) 1

I think coach being fired is a real wildcard here. I could see the Jets come out totally deflated and distracted leading to a blow out, or they could come out with a chip on their shoulder.

Really depends on the personality of the team. But Saleh was important to the defensive players, will be interesting to see how they do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I am glad he is getting his shot....He could become the heart and soul of this defense.  I see him more like a Troy Polamalu

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I want to see the Bills absolutely run it up on these Jets--especially after Rodgers goes out.  

No punts, no FGs. Attack Sauce and watch those flags fly--refs have his number now.

I want to see our run defense hold up.  They have had it difficult in the past with Hall.  

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I saw CJ Mosley was questionable last night

It's massive if he doesn't play 

Isn't Mosley past his prime?

• Like (+1) 1

This game will be won on penalties (defensive holding and PI). That is the only way either of these teams are getting close to the endzone. Be prepared for an EXTREMELY frustrating night and hope that Buffalo comes out on the positive end of those penalties. 

3 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Being in Ga I’ve watched a few Falcons games.  Cousins doesn’t have elite skilled players, but he’s getting lots of completions because he’s not running for his life.  He stays in the pocket and trusts his OL.  Would like to see the same from JA17.

London, Pitts and those 2 RBs they have are very dangerous weapons. Reminds me almost (not quite ) of the Lions and their skill position players. Having an OC that knows how to use them is important. See Arthur Smith last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

The sky is falling! 

Nah, no panic.  Just recognition that this team isn't who we thought they were after 3 games.  You can panic if you like.

54 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Hoping for slice-n-dice right down the field. More quick slants and square INs!

The sideline throws to covered WRs are very low percentage. Quick slants help WRs get a step.

Mack Hollins' catch last week is a good example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaoQ-FadA-M

for God's sake please throw the ball past the LoS.  just try it and see what happens, for the hell of it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, dorquemada said:

for God's sake please throw the ball past the LoS.  just try it and see what happens, for the hell of it

It is sad that one of the best QB in the league has been taken out of what he does best.

• Thank you (+1) 2