10/14/24 Game 6 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Q.) When does a celebrated Defensive Coordinator who is accepts his 1st ever NFL Head Coaching job, develops a top flight Defense, a fine WR collection and acquires a certain HOF QB to lead the team, get fired 4 games into his 2nd season? 

A.) When the team is the New York Nyets 

This perennial collection of misfits, blown 1st Round picks and a litany of utter failure hiring HCs hasn’t been a factor almost since Joe Namath was traded to the Rams. Off to a less than expected, yet middle of the pack 2-3 record, their idiotic owner opted to boot the talented and SB proven coordinator to the curb while handing the washed up, strange primadonna QB the reign as team leader. Their ‘interim’ HC is -oh, nevermind. He’ll just be a ‘Yets’ trivia question in a couple years.. On paper, this game should be in the bag for the Bills to get off the schide and return to their rightful place, winning the AFCE. As we all know, the game isn’t played on paper. Helping the ‘Not yets’ is a rare National audience Home game, featuring their Ne-er do well ‘fan’base, led by Weekend Release convict Jimmy Spagnola. You can expect some yo-yo’s in the stands to get their faces punched and heads kicked in. Should we achieve our 4th victory of the young season, we could see a no-rules, Sharks vs Jets melee straight out of West Side Story!

Of course they have talent. Every NFL team does, though it seems more difficult to recognize this on our squad.. Hit with a rash of injuries early, on a team trying to crawl out of Cap hell, has depleted a good team into an also-ran. Without our superstar QB, we could well be looking up in the standings. But Allen has already taken a seasons worth of big hits and our OLine hasn’t lived up their high praise while remaining relatively healthy. This would still be a difficult challenge even if they were. Khalil Shakir is expected to return, so that’s one bonafide receiver.. James Cook may play(?) yet no one else poses a real threat at this time. We keep waiting for Kincaid & Samuel to show up and deliver on preseason expectations 🤷‍♂️On Defense, we’re getting healthier but still lacking great play overall. Ed Oliver will not dress, nursing a stubbed toe.. But we haven’t seen him make a play since last year anyway..🤦‍♂️ We Do get ALL PRO Nickle Taron Johnson back, who’s been sorely missed. 2nd Round Safety Cole Bishop had a less than stellar performance in his 1st NFL start last week, but I do expect a better performance tonight. We’re slowly getting healthier but our Run D has been atrocious! Called Blitzes has been our calling card for pressure, but that exposes holes in the secondary. In a nutshell, EVERYBODY has to play better while keeping Josh healthy! 

This is the 3rd and final difficult early 3 game challenge against quality AFC teams aspiring for the Title. Losing the 1st 2, makes this game very important for our own goals. I expect us to perform to our national television level of performance that keeps the League featuring us. 

Let’s DO THIS!

This is the 3rd and final difficult early 3 game challenge against quality AFC teams aspiring for the Title. Losing the 1st 2, makes this game very important for our own goals. I expect us to perform to our national television level of performance that keeps the League featuring us. 

Let’s DO THIS!

GO BILLS!

Joe Marino checks in

1 team will be in 1st place, the other will lose their 3rd straight game!

I feel a lot better now  ...

I think 🤔 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I always stay away from those national sports shows on ESPN and FS1 when the Bills lose a big game.    Allen looked bad in Primetime in the last game vs Baltimore.  If he looks bad tonight they will be ripping him to shreds.

Funny how quickly things can change in the NFL, from Josh being MVP favorite to questioning whether we can beat the Jets.  I’d like to think Josh and the team will raise their games tonight, but definitely feeling less confident about this one than even the Ravens and Texans games.  Hopefully the team proves my gut completely wrong tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I harped on it the last couple weeks that Baltimore and then Houston were NOT must win games.  We'd be 3-2, we are still fine. It happened.  But i do think this Jets game is a must win if Buffalo has long term plans to do anything this season.

Bottom line is that we have the better QB, we have the better OLine, we have the better coaching situation right now and we have the better overall winning culture and stability.  I don't care about injuries....every team has injuries.  If Buffalo gets taken out by the NY Jets tonight in a must win, "get right" game, then this little era of McDermott/Allen dominant football is over. 

I do think the Bills will have a chance for a nice reset in 2025,  but for me 2024 will be pretty much for entertainment purposes only.,,,not serious SB contenders.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I really think we win/lose this game based on no turnovers, stout run defense, ST, and field position. 

just don’t turn the ball over. Get into good field position. Take any points when you can get them. Make your kicks. And let’s get out of here with like a 16-10 win.

I am worried about Rodgers constantly throwing the ball down the middle to the tight ends.   He also is going to test the corners deep i imagine early in the game.  If he hits one it is going to open the game up.

Would be fun if the defensive line just manhandled them up front and put rodgers on his goofy ass early and often.  

The jets in constant 3rd and 12 or 3rd and 15 from penalties and sacks is the key to the game imo.  If the jets are losing and struggling the building is going to turn on them.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I harped on it the last couple weeks that Baltimore and then Houston were NOT must win games.  We'd be 3-2, we are still fine. It happened.  But i do think this Jets game is a must win if Buffalo has long term plans to do anything this season.

Bottom line is that we have the better QB, we have the better OLine, we have the better coaching situation right now and we have the better overall winning culture and stability.  I don't care about injuries....every team has injuries.  If Buffalo gets taken out by the NY Jets tonight in a must win, "get right" game, then this little era of McDermott/Allen dominant football is over. 

I do think the Bills will have a chance for a nice reset in 2025,  but for me 2024 will be pretty much for entertainment purposes only.,,,not serious SB contenders.

We will be at 3-3 after six games if we lose tonight. How did you feel when we were 6-6 after twelve games last season? A loss tonight isn’t the end of anything, especially in our weak division.  

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My son, who is in grad school in Hoboken, is going to tonight’s game.  33 years ago I was a senior in college in Jersey; I went to the Bills-Jets game at the Meadowlands, and Thurman caught a last-minute TD to win it.  I got beer thrown on me for standing up and turning around with upstretched arms after that happened.  Worth every drop. Hoping for a similar experience for the kid, except without the last-minute suspense and, I guess, the beer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't help but feel pessimistic about tonight.

It's not even that I think the Jets are a good team. I think that we have some of the most stubborn coaches in the entire NFL, and it's bit us the last two weeks and I'm not sure they can pivot from it. 

I've been wrong plenty before however, so fingers crossed my gut instinct about this game is flawed. 

Go Bills.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

We will be at 3-3 after six games if we lose tonight. How did you feel when we were 6-6 after twelve games last season? A loss tonight isn’t the end of anything, especially in our weak division.  

People get hung up on the overall ‘vibes’ of a situation it feels like…3 tough road games in a row is a pretty absurd thing to happen on an nfl schedule though.  Even if we lose all 3, there’s a decent chance we’re back in the division lead next week 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Oh they can prob win the division with 9 wins.  But if they lose tonight my point is i do not consider them serious SB contenders this season. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I can't help but feel pessimistic about tonight.

It's not even that I think the Jets are a good team. I think that we have some of the most stubborn coaches in the entire NFL, and it's bit us the last two weeks and I'm not sure they can pivot from it. 

I've been wrong plenty before however, so fingers crossed my gut instinct about this game is flawed. 

Go Bills.

This is exactly how I feel about coaching on this team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I just realized todd downing is now calling plays so I expect the Jets to run a lot tonight.  He has beat and lost to the bills calling plays with the titans recently so he knows the team and the defense.  

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Im not sure this team as currently constituted is capable of the sort of run that they had the end of last year

I'd like to see some competent or even average offense against a decent D first, and maybe a performance by the D that isn't bend then break

Just now, zow2 said:

Oh they can prob win the division with 9 wins.  But if they lose tonight my point is i do not consider them serious SB contenders this season. 

It speaks well of your optimism that you considered them a serious SB contender this year in the first place. That said and as we’ve seen countless times over the years, anything can happen once you get to the dance. So while perhaps not being a serious contender, getting to the dance gives them a chance. That ball is shaped funny and weird crap happens all the time.

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

People get hung up on the overall ‘vibes’ of a situation it feels like…3 tough road games in a row is a pretty absurd thing to happen on an nfl schedule though.  Even if we lose all 3, there’s a decent chance we’re back in the division lead next week 

We've been a really good road team in the last few years. This group is different talent wise. Lose all three plus some at home I'm sure. Yeah I agree with the east being a weak division but are we sure that we aren't one of the weak links?  Hope I'm wrong and that it's turns around but I don't trust the coaching to make the changes needed. Hope I'm wrong.