10/14/24 Game 6 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

28 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've had my fix of the bills in primetime. Looking forward to more Sunday games 

Primetime games suck, especially when we lose every single one it seems.

We used to be a proper team lol.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I'm relieved about Taron and Bernard, excited by Williams, Carter, Bishop, and Solomon, delighted with Benford, content with Douglas and Martin, optimistic about Coleman, ok with the O-line, and impressed by Rousseau, Cook, and Shakir. 

But I'm disappointed with DeQuan, Oliver, and Kincaid, disgusted by Von, done with Hamlin, and dismayed by MVS, Samuel, Hollins, Knox, Epenesa, and Bass.

And of course I remain in awe of Allen, as should everybody. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As much as it spits I'm the face of what people believe modern offense is, this game will come down to who runs the ball better and who stops the run better.

We have nothing at outside WR and that's their strength on D this year. Run the ball, use PA and attack the seems with Kincaid and Shakir.

They have the rookie RB I wanted who can thump the ball in there. Plus whatever Breece Hall is these days...and don't guys just always seem to bounce back back the Bills? Their OL is not good and Rodgers is a statue that's slowed even further by an ankle injury. Stop the run to Keep them from using PA and hitting short quick passes to take pressure off the line. 

Oh, and No Oliver, No Von, Groot doing his yearly Invisible Man impression....not looking good for getting pressure with a 4 man rush. Put your big boy pants on and call some blitzes Babich.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 2

• Simon pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The NYJ rushing numbers have been absolutely pedestrian this season or even poor.   But you watch, they will gash the Bills tonight and I will be infuriated.  

One long run can swing the numbers dramatically at this point in the season 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

If they don’t develop a heavy play action game. Were gonna get embarrassed  tonight 

its very hard to have your quarterback turn his back regularly against an aggressive defense that rushes the passer well.  

if you are not excellent in the running game you are asking for problems running it too much in a game like tonights game.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The schedule eases up a bit after tonight and they should win 3 of the next 4.   While I want Allen to go off vs NY, I don't want him to recklessly run around and over-compensate for the past couple games.  He needs to get the ball out of his hand quickly.  No reason to stand there in the pocket and scan the field, then get pummeled.  Quick throws, run if he needs to and slide or get oob.

Being in Ga I’ve watched a few Falcons games.  Cousins doesn’t have elite skilled players, but he’s getting lots of completions because he’s not running for his life.  He stays in the pocket and trusts his OL.  Would like to see the same from JA17.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

its very hard to have your quarterback turn his back regularly against an aggressive defense that rushes the passer well.  

if you are not excellent in the running game you are asking for problems running it too much in a game like tonights game.

We’re good enough at running. Totally disagree. Need to play action 

• Like (+1) 1

GO BILLS!!!

Kick some azs !!!

2 minutes ago, balln said:

We’re good enough at running. Totally disagree. Need to play action 

we have the parts to be really good at running the ball, imo they still have not had a game this year where they go out and stick with it.

I wouldn't be running play action tonight if they are not successful running the ball first, that is a recipe for problems for allen.  I always think it is foolish to have your qb turning his back to the rush if the defense doesn't respect the running game.  I think Allen has been hit enough already this year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

we have the parts to be really good at running the ball, imo they still have not had a game this year where they go out and stick with it.

I wouldn't be running play action tonight if they are not successful running the ball first, that is a recipe for problems for allen.  I always think it is foolish to have your qb turning his back to the rush if the defense doesn't respect the running game.  I think Allen has been hit enough already this year.

You don't have to turn your back to run PA.  Lots of different ways to get the LBs to bite on the run

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You don't have to turn your back to run PA.  Lots of different ways to get the LBs to bite on the run

In shotgun maybe, but you do when you’re taking a snap from under center.