10/14/24 Game 6 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

14 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Yes, Josh had a bad game.  His completion percentage was crap and he was rushing his throws.  Also had a ton of very smart 'throwaways' which doesn't help his numbers.  However, I'd like to argue that using a system that rates QB's based on numbers is a crap system.  I like to use the eye test and the 6 turnover game (5 picks, 1 fumble) that took Nathan Peterman all of 2 quarters of football to turn in was perhaps just a 'WEE' bit worse than Josh's game vs Houston last Sunday.

What's crazy is the first drive was going really good and then his pass hits Demarco right in the hands and pops up and gets returned for a pick 6 and then the avalanche was on...I wonder what happened to him if DiMarco catches that ball and they continue the drive and score a TD if things might have gone differently that day.  Granted they were very much overmatched and the WR's were terrible and got even worse when Benjamin left the game with a knee injury on the first drive.

But I have to give Peterman props tho... what could have literally crushed many QB's in their first NFL start as a rookie and caused them never to be able to get over it didn't do that to Peterman...he went on to be a backup for 5 more years and is still on an NFL roster with the Falcons on their practice squad.  

Always like seeing a guy that refuses to give up no matter how many times he gets knocked down and just keeps coming back for more.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

What's crazy is the first drive was going really good and then his pass hits Demarco right in the hands and pops up and gets returned for a pick 6 and then the avalanche was on...I wonder what happened to him if DiMarco catches that ball and they continue the drive and score a TD if things might have gone differently that day.  Granted they were very much overmatched and the WR's were terrible and got even worse when Benjamin left the game with a knee injury on the first drive.

But I have to give Peterman props tho... what could have literally crushed many QB's in their first NFL start and caused them never to be able to get over it didn't do that to Peterman...he went on to be a backup for 5 more years and is still on an NFL roster with the Falcons on their practice squad.  

Always like seeing a guy that refuses to give up no matter how many times he gets knocked down and just keeps coming back for more.

Say what you want but that’s where the strong Christian faith comes into play. 

A man that’s strongly hated by this fanbase, Sean McDermott, is also well known from bouncing back from adversity. But we don’t talk about that here. 

3 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Is cook in line to start? Trying to decide between braelon allen and ty Johnson in fantasy tonight. 

As far as I know he said he would be good to play but we won't know for sure until like an hour and a half before kickoff when inactives are announced.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This probably increases our chance of victory by up to 10% if he's near full health 

yea go ahead and laugh now.  He's getting a pick 6 house call tonight 😎

Just now, Shortchaz said:

From 50% to 55%? 

more like from 35% to 45% 😂

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Nothing against Ray Davis, would rather have allen IMO

Please make me eat these words Ray!!! 

Allen has been the much better option over Breece Hall most games...Hall had one good game for me and has struggled in the others.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

yea go ahead and laugh now.  He's getting a pick 6 house call tonight 😎

more like from 35% to 45% 😂

Taron about to be like: 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Agree with you.  Coaches always talk up their next opponent as much as they can.  During the drought years, Belichick would make our team sound like it was loaded with HOFers.  He probably had a good chuckle (or at least smirk) after those press conferences.

I remember he once said no one on the Bills roster could make his team 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

Edited by BananaB

38 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The receivers already make mistakes.  May as well add in motion to try and get a competitive advantage against a great defense 

You might be right.  I’m just telling you guys why you haven’t seen it as much the last 2 games

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Bills14221 said:

I don’t buy that.  There was significant motion in the gameplan for the Miami Thursday night game which was in hostile territory.   I think they are trying to be too smart for their own good by overly changing the strategy each week.  

That Miami game was NOT hostile territory.  You don’t have to buy it, but I’d. Insider it common knowledge as to why teams use less motion on the road.  

23 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There are going to be a lot of bills fans there tonight. I live down here…this game always feels like a Bills halfway  home crowd 

I hope you’re right!  Never been to bills @ jets before. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

I have a bad feeling about this game.. I can already see a lot of “wtfs” and “that was too easy” comments in the game threads. Hope I’m wrong though..

FUNNY,  I have little to no reason to be confident about this game and I find that normally my gut is correct.  I 100% guarantee Buffalo will win tonight and get back on track.  Just my gut feeling. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

FUNNY,  I have little to no reason to be confident about this game and I find that normally my gut is correct.  I 100% guarantee Buffalo will win tonight and get back on track.  Just my gut feeling. 

Same here. i could make a case for Buffalo losing to Carolina or New England on any given day.  I’m tough on the team,  but i see the Bills finding a way tonight. I can’t see Allen and McD losing three in a row.