10/14/24 Game 6 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, balln said:

Bills gonna look bad again on offense, prepare yourselves. Interesting write-up below. 

From action network .com:

Bills vs. Jets Monday Night Football Week 6

For all the hate former Jets head coach Robert Saleh and current Bills head coach Sean McDermott have been getting, the coach on either side who arguably deserves the most criticism is Bills offensive coordinator Joe Brady. Despite having an MVP-caliber quarterback in Josh Allen, Brady's offense completely failed to set his QB up for success and fell apart in the last two weeks against above-average defenses.

Week 1 vs. Arizona (26th def DVOA, 29th pass D): Won 34-28, Allen 18-of-23 (78.3%) for 232 yards (10.1 yards per attempt), two touchdowns.

Week 2 at Miami (25th def DVOA, 19th pass D): Won 31-10, Allen 13-of-19 (68.4%) for 139 yards (7.3 yards per attempt), one touchdown.

Week 3 vs. Jacksonville (32nd def DVOA, 32nd pass D): Won 47-10, Allen 23-of-30 (76.7%) for 263 yards (8.8 yards per attempt), four touchdowns.

Week 4 at Baltimore (14th def DVOA, 16th pass D): Lost 35-10, Allen 16-of-29 (55.2%) for 180 yards (6.2 yards per attempt), no touchdowns.

Week 5: at Houston (third def DVOA, fifth pass D): Lost 23-20, Allen 9-of-30 (30.0%) for 131 yards (4.4 yards per attempt), one touchdown.

The Jets defense entered Week 6 ranked 12th by DVOA and seventh against the pass. The Jets are 24th against the run but stiffened last week against Minnesota, allowing 82 yards on 30 carries. Either way, this sets up as another spot in which the Bills will struggle to move the ball through the air.

The Jets rank fourth in the NFL by getting pressure on 39.8% of dropbacks. Under pressure, Allen completes an NFL-low 36.4% of passes. Save for Khalil Shakir (ankle), who practiced only once this week in a limited fashion and is not 100%, the Bills don't have a wide receiver who can reliably separate among Keon Coleman, Mack Hollins, Curtis Samuel and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Brady compounds these issues with head-scratching snap distributions. Despite being their best wide receiver, Shakir has only been on the field for 73% of pass plays. Tight end Dalton Kincaid is Buffalo's second-best receiver but has been on the field for only 69% of pass plays because he's often subbed out for run-blocking purposes on early downs.

With Shakir out last week, there were third-down pass plays in which neither Kincaid nor Coleman were on the field. It's one thing to commit to a run-heavy offense and move on from the expensive, disruptive Stefon Diggs, but it's another thing to consistently take Allen's highest-percentage pass targets off the field. It's as if Bills brass has totally forgotten that Allen's career took off with the arrival of former slot receiver Cole Beasley back in 2019.

Edit :The ravens game was truly disappointing. Both Brady and Allen. The ravens were / aren’t some pass defensive juggernaut. Really poor performance from the offense in prime time 

Who hired Brady?  How many OC's does McD get to hire?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If the jets blitz heavily , I think the bills will need alot of quick passes, but I agree. If they throw a screen to Samuel behind the LoS, I might break my TV 

Black Friday is coming...

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Who hired Brady?  How many OC's does McD get to hire?

How many got promoted? One right?

19 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

why's Oliver out?  

Time for his mid season sabbatical.

• Haha (+1) 1

I want to see the Bills get off to a good start on both Offense and Defense.....this team always plays better when they get an early lead(Miami, Jacksonville), and not so great when they get off to a slow start(Baltimore, Texans).

I want to see a three and out by the D, followed by a TD drive by the O.

Go Bills!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Special K said:

I want to see the Bills get off to a good start on both Offense and Defense.....this team always plays better when they get an early lead(Miami, Jacksonville), and not so great when they get off to a slow start(Baltimore, Texans).

Go Bills!!

Agreed - Think I'd like to see a pass for our first offensive play of the game (short/simple).

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If I don't see a pass behind the line of scrimmage tonight during the first series will be a positive start to the game. Hope to see Brady mix things up some and not allow opponents to key in on tendencies.

It will be interesting to see if he's capable of adjusting or if he stubbornly insists on running first and second down every drive even if it's yielding minimal results

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

Go Bills!!

it'll be a relief for them to get up by a score, at that point they'll be able to take their foot off the gas and go into a shell

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

It is sad that one of the best QB in the league has been taken out of what he does best.

you would think that if defenses are playing cover 1 over the top, zoning the middle of the field taking it away while playing man on the outside WRs, Josh should send the wideouts long and take off down the sidelines again; we may start seeing that again unless that left hand is as bad as I think it is

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

It will be interesting to see if he's capable of adjusting or if he stubbornly insists on running first and second down every drive even if it's yielding minimal results

I havent seen any indication that this OC and coaching staff in general are capable of adjustments. After all, the scheme is perfect, it's the players who are failing

33 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If I don't see a pass behind the line of scrimmage tonight during the first series will be a positive start to the game. Hope to see Brady mix things up some and not allow opponents to key in on tendencies.

You don't want to see that Kincaid little quick route first play of the game? 

How many games have we started with that exact play 4? 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

And throw the ball down the middle

that's absurd, it would be positively unsporting of the Bills to utilize the middle of the field!  uncultured ruffians like the Chiefs may do that but what is a Superbowl victory compared to maintaining one's dignity?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

you would think that if defenses are playing cover 1 over the top, zoning the middle of the field taking it away while playing man on the outside WRs, Josh should send the wideouts long and take off down the sidelines again; we may start seeing that again unless that left hand is as bad as I think it is

Depends on how good the other teams qb spy is. Ravens and hou had EXCELLENT spies

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I think coach being fired is a real wildcard here. I could see the Jets come out totally deflated and distracted leading to a blow out, or they could come out with a chip on their shoulder.

Really depends on the personality of the team. But Saleh was important to the defensive players, will be interesting to see how they do.

The Defense was tired of him getting pushed around by Rodgers and a crappy Offense with no accountability.  Im betting no one on that team is still thinking about Saleh.  The guy was a dud and could not coach his way out of a paper bag on game days.  The entire roster knows this.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Black Friday is coming...

How many got promoted? One right?

Time for his mid season sabbatical.

Promoted? Two.  Dorsey was QB coach under Daboll. Brady was QB coach under Dorsey.  And McD fired his first OC after one year and replaced with Daboll. 

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

why's Oliver out?  

Hamstring pulled in practice two Thursdays ago

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

looks like it is windy in the area tonight.  I saw the flags are currently blowing straight out in the bronx for the Yankees game also.

It's windy now...probably the same crazy winds we were getting Friday night in WNY. Looks like it will be decreasing throughout the day and be worst around kickoff at 15mph decreasing to 10 mph by end of the game. Shouldn't have a huge impact. That's like an average day in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's windy now...probably the same crazy winds we were getting Friday night in WNY. Looks like it will be decreasing throughout the day and be worst around kickoff at 15mph decreasing to 10 mph by end of the game. Shouldn't have a huge impact. That's like an average day in Buffalo.

"Guys it's windy today, let's stick to the ground game!"

• Haha (+1) 1