10/14/24 Game 6 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

53 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

We've been a really good road team in the last few years. This group is different talent wise. Lose all three plus some at home I'm sure. Yeah I agree with the east being a weak division but are we sure that we aren't one of the weak links?  Hope I'm wrong and that it's turns around but I don't trust the coaching to make the changes needed. Hope I'm wrong. 

You’re sure we’re losing the game tonight?  Not trying to disagree necessarily just want to make sure I’m interpreting that properly lol 

Yea idk I think people are going a bit too far to make it look like there’s a chasm between this years bills team and last year down the stretch and I don’t necessarily agree personally.   Diggs was a big name on the back of a jersey but idk if he was mentally checked out or what but he wasn’t making contested catches or separating down the stretch last year either so he was basically just another guy in our stable of non separators 🤣. Teams were mostly defending him like one of our non separators too

yea Hamlins bad but we were pacing the chiefs with freaking aj klein at mlb lol I think bills teams from a couple years ago are def better than this one but their opponents at the top of the conference were better too so it’s pretty relative 

parity seems like it’s beaten up on a lot of the really good teams the last year or two.  The ravens look great still and who knows maybe this is the year they cruise through the playoffs and are unbeatable but I wouldn’t assume that’s the case yet 

Just now, ganesh said:

It is sad that one of the best QB in the league has been taken out of what he does best.

I’m not sure that it’s not because Brady doesn’t believe that those receivers can get past the defenders to create enough space in those situations. Hopefully the return of Khalil makes a big difference. That, and acquiring a true alpha wide receiver….

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

It is sad that one of the best QB in the league has been taken out of what he does best.

They've coach all instinct out of him.  Now we get Trentative The Second.  but hey, complimentary football.  Like, i think that means if the offense sucks, the defense should as well, so they compliment eachother

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Nah, no panic.  Just recognition that this team isn't who we thought they were after 3 games.  You can panic if you like.

Thank you for that ^
Me ? Naw. Tense ?  A bit 😏

This is a prove it game

And jets might come out full steam and better play calling on offense.

I expect the Bills to show and play solid football again.

They really get soft when key injuries occur. Especially defense.

Do a better job of next man up McD. I hold Coaching accountable in this matter

That being said , Bills are much improved from a few decades ago with Depth quality. And gems be found last few years

Go Bills

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Last week 3 dpi against Jefferson 

For that the WR has to first out muscle the defender...Sadly our brady-bunch hasn't been anywhere near these defenders.

5 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’m not sure that it’s not because Brady doesn’t believe that those receivers can get past the defenders to create enough space in those situations. Hopefully the return of Khalil makes a big difference. That, and acquiring a true alpha wide receiver….

Thing is they do have enough speed /or burst to turn upfield in a hurry if schemed and seen by Josh

Anticipation throws perhaps ??

Brady , yes owns this regardless . To know what he has and make best use.

Chan would have these guys humming. seriously

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

London, Pitts and those 2 RBs they have are very dangerous weapons. Reminds me almost (not quite ) of the Lions and their skill position players. Having an OC that knows how to use them is important. See Arthur Smith last year.

Our guys can be dangerous too with a good OC so good point.  Also, Josh could find open receivers by trusting his OL, like Cousins.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

LET’S GO BUFFALO

ps totally agree about the insanity of firing your coach at this point 

I don't think Salah is capable of saving that team. To be fair I don't think *any* coach is salvaging the Jets with Rodgers as he is right now

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

For that the WR has to first out muscle the defender...Sadly our brady-bunch hasn't been anywhere near these defenders.

Until the Bills can make opposing Ds pay for stacking the box and bringing the house every single play, our WRs wont get the chance to be held

• Like (+1) 1

Bills gonna look bad again on offense, prepare yourselves. Interesting write-up below. 

From action network .com:

Bills vs. Jets Monday Night Football Week 6

For all the hate former Jets head coach Robert Saleh and current Bills head coach Sean McDermott have been getting, the coach on either side who arguably deserves the most criticism is Bills offensive coordinator Joe Brady. Despite having an MVP-caliber quarterback in Josh Allen, Brady's offense completely failed to set his QB up for success and fell apart in the last two weeks against above-average defenses.

Week 1 vs. Arizona (26th def DVOA, 29th pass D): Won 34-28, Allen 18-of-23 (78.3%) for 232 yards (10.1 yards per attempt), two touchdowns.

Week 2 at Miami (25th def DVOA, 19th pass D): Won 31-10, Allen 13-of-19 (68.4%) for 139 yards (7.3 yards per attempt), one touchdown.

Week 3 vs. Jacksonville (32nd def DVOA, 32nd pass D): Won 47-10, Allen 23-of-30 (76.7%) for 263 yards (8.8 yards per attempt), four touchdowns.

Week 4 at Baltimore (14th def DVOA, 16th pass D): Lost 35-10, Allen 16-of-29 (55.2%) for 180 yards (6.2 yards per attempt), no touchdowns.

Week 5: at Houston (third def DVOA, fifth pass D): Lost 23-20, Allen 9-of-30 (30.0%) for 131 yards (4.4 yards per attempt), one touchdown.

The Jets defense entered Week 6 ranked 12th by DVOA and seventh against the pass. The Jets are 24th against the run but stiffened last week against Minnesota, allowing 82 yards on 30 carries. Either way, this sets up as another spot in which the Bills will struggle to move the ball through the air.

The Jets rank fourth in the NFL by getting pressure on 39.8% of dropbacks. Under pressure, Allen completes an NFL-low 36.4% of passes. Save for Khalil Shakir (ankle), who practiced only once this week in a limited fashion and is not 100%, the Bills don't have a wide receiver who can reliably separate among Keon Coleman, Mack Hollins, Curtis Samuel and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Brady compounds these issues with head-scratching snap distributions. Despite being their best wide receiver, Shakir has only been on the field for 73% of pass plays. Tight end Dalton Kincaid is Buffalo's second-best receiver but has been on the field for only 69% of pass plays because he's often subbed out for run-blocking purposes on early downs.

With Shakir out last week, there were third-down pass plays in which neither Kincaid nor Coleman were on the field. It's one thing to commit to a run-heavy offense and move on from the expensive, disruptive Stefon Diggs, but it's another thing to consistently take Allen's highest-percentage pass targets off the field. It's as if Bills brass has totally forgotten that Allen's career took off with the arrival of former slot receiver Cole Beasley back in 2019.

Edit :The ravens game was truly disappointing. Both Brady and Allen. The ravens were / aren’t some pass defensive juggernaut. Really poor performance from the offense in prime time 

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Bills gonna look bad again on offense, prepare yourselves. Interesting write-up below. 

From action network .com:

Bills vs. Jets Monday Night Football Week 6

For all the hate former Jets head coach Robert Saleh and current Bills head coach Sean McDermott have been getting, the coach on either side who arguably deserves the most criticism is Bills offensive coordinator Joe Brady. Despite having an MVP-caliber quarterback in Josh Allen, Brady's offense completely failed to set his QB up for success and fell apart in the last two weeks against above-average defenses.

Unlike some others on this board, I think McD is a good head coach.  I think he's good at defensive schemes, preparing the team during the offseason, preparing the team during game week, building teamwork, and motivating effort & hustle.

But there's one critical task he has not been good at: choosing a capable OC.  In my book, he's 1-of-4 .  Daboll was imperfect but pretty good overall.  Dennison, Dorsey, and Brady all underformed.

Considering we have perhaps the greatest QB in Bills history, now is not a good time to play musical chairs with subpar OCs.  

I'm not sure what to expect tonight because Brady's a bit schizophrenic.  But I have serious concerns about Brady's ability to generate offense against good defenses.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You’re sure we’re losing the game tonight?  Not trying to disagree necessarily just want to make sure I’m interpreting that properly lol 

Yea idk I think people are going a bit too far to make it look like there’s a chasm between this years bills team and last year down the stretch and I don’t necessarily agree personally.   Diggs was a big name on the back of a jersey but idk if he was mentally checked out or what but he wasn’t making contested catches or separating down the stretch last year either so he was basically just another guy in our stable of non separators 🤣. Teams were mostly defending him like one of our non separators too

yea Hamlins bad but we were pacing the chiefs with freaking aj klein at mlb lol I think bills teams from a couple years ago are def better than this one but their opponents at the top of the conference were better too so it’s pretty relative 

parity seems like it’s beaten up on a lot of the really good teams the last year or two.  The ravens look great still and who knows maybe this is the year they cruise through the playoffs and are unbeatable but I wouldn’t assume that’s the case yet 

I can agree with most everything you are saying. Talent wise I'm with you 100. Diggs wasn't really Diggs for sure. Here's something I'm thinking...

was Diggs just done with the offensive philosophy?  Even if so that doesn't not excuse him cashing it in. And if not, then maybe it points to a coaching problem. Even during the winning this season. Buffalo doesn't seem to know how to use guys. ( I know we've all talked about this for about 3 weeks now lol). I just hope coaching learns to be more self reflective. They say they are but then go back and do the same things that get them criticized. Two weeks ago Brady says "it's on me. I need to do better" then he rolls out that performance against Houston. 
You are right. There's more to come and see. 
to answer if I'm certain about a loss tonight. I'd say no I'm not certain and I wouldn't even bet on it. It sucks to say but, I just wouldn't be surprised. I'm hoping for a good ole beatdown of the jets. I'll be watching and cheering for my team regardless. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Unlike some others on this board, I think McD is a good head coach.  I think he's good at defensive schemes, preparing the team during the offseason, preparing the team during game week, building teamwork, and motivating effort & hustle.

But there's one critical task he has not been good at: choosing a capable OC.  In my book, he's 1-of-4 .  Daboll was imperfect but pretty good overall.  Dennison, Dorsey, and Brady all underformed.

Considering we have perhaps the greatest QB in Bills history, now is not a good time to play musical chairs with subpar OCs.  

I'm not sure what to expect tonight because Brady's a bit schizophrenic.  But I have serious concerns about Brady's ability to generate offense against good defenses.  

why are we giving a pass on our drafting.  We have not been good at drafting great players (besides Allen)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Also, Josh could find open receivers by trusting his OL, like Cousins.

Alex, I’d like “Things I never expected to read on TSW for $1000”. 

C’mon Josh, stop sucking and be more like Cousins.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

why are we giving a pass on our drafting.  We have not been good at drafting great players (besides Allen)

I don’t. Beane royally messed up the last two drafts with replenishing WRs. Shorter in the 5th who can’t play in the nfl. And Coleman. Who’s let’s be honest- looks awkward in the nfl - ceiling will be a “nice” piece. 

Overall I hammer and continue to do so. He and Sean continuously draft these players who’s draft profiles look like this “not an elite athlete or limited athletically,  high motor , good character , coach on the field , team captain” 

OR - 5th year college player. “Fell in love at senior bowl”

Edited by balln