10/14/24 Game 6 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

1. Q.) When does a celebrated Defensive Coordinator who accepts his 1st ever NFL Head Coaching job, develops a top flight Defense, a fine WR collection and acquires a certain HOF QB to lead the team, get fired 4 games into his 2nd season? 

A.) When the team is the New York Nyets 

This perennial collection of misfits, blown 1st Round picks and a litany of utter failure hiring HCs hasn’t been a factor almost since Joe Namath was traded to the Rams. Off to a less than expected, yet middle of the pack 2-3 record, their idiotic owner opted to boot the talented and SB proven coordinator to the curb while handing the washed up, strange primadonna QB the reign as team leader. Their ‘interim’ HC is -oh, nevermind. He’ll just be a ‘Yets’ trivia question in a couple years.. On paper, this game should be in the bag for the Bills to get off the schide and return to their rightful place, winning the AFCE. As we all know, the game isn’t played on paper. Helping the ‘Not yets’ is a rare National audience Home game, featuring their Ne-er do well ‘fan’base, led by Weekend Release convict Jimmy Spagnola. You can expect some yo-yo’s in the stands to get their faces punched and heads kicked in. Should we achieve our 4th victory of the young season, we could see a no-rules, Sharks vs Jets melee straight out of West Side Story!

Of course they have talent. Every NFL team does, though it seems more difficult to recognize this on our squad.. Hit with a rash of injuries early, on a team trying to crawl out of Cap hell, has depleted a good team into an also-ran. Without our superstar QB, we could well be looking up in the standings. But Allen has already taken a seasons worth of big hits and our OLine hasn’t lived up their high praise while remaining relatively healthy. This would still be a difficult challenge even if they were. Khalil Shakir is expected to return, so that’s one bonafide receiver.. James Cook may play(?) yet no one else poses a real threat at this time. We keep waiting for Kincaid & Samuel to show up and deliver on preseason expectations 🤷‍♂️On Defense, we’re getting healthier but still lacking great play overall. Ed Oliver will not dress, nursing a stubbed toe.. But we haven’t seen him make a play since last year anyway..🤦‍♂️ We Do get ALL PRO Nickle Taron Johnson back, who’s been sorely missed. 2nd Round Safety Cole Bishop had a less than stellar performance in his 1st NFL start last week, but I do expect a better performance tonight. We’re slowly getting healthier but our Run D has been atrocious! Called Blitzes has been our calling card for pressure, but that exposes holes in the secondary. In a nutshell, EVERYBODY has to play better while keeping Josh healthy! 

This is the 3rd and final difficult early 3 game challenge against quality AFC teams aspiring for the Title. Losing the 1st 2, makes this game very important for our own goals. I expect us to perform to our national television level of performance that keeps the League featuring us. 

Let’s DO THIS!

GO BILLS!

Joe Marino checks in

1 team will be in 1st place, the other will lose their 3rd straight game!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, lemme get this right; Von is now a pregnant woman beater AND a Presidential Assisin wannabe? 😲 Or is it all just blown out of proportion as he claims? Certainly the League doesn’t share most of this notion. Dayum! 

It’s OK with me if he never dons the red, white & bue again. 🤯

Is there a link about what you’re referencing?

I heard on NFLRadio he was arrested at a Trump rally for a gun on him, no link. As for smacking around his pregnant girlfriend, that’s old news and he’s been suspended for it.

32 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Is there a link about what you’re referencing?

Just found the article. I misheard the correct name. Nevermind. The guys name was Vern Miller…🤦‍♂️So I deleted the post, though I’m ok with him not returning..

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2