If you are in the “we need a receiver camp”, do you try and trade for Higgins?

Virgil

The biggest issues holding back this team to me are: 

1. Coaching - ie. game management & being out schemed by top-tier coaches

2. On-field Talent - we don’t have enough players with special traits that create matchup problems

3. Lack of a “killer instinct” in the organization

Tee Higgins doesn’t touch those problems

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, balln said:

Coleman is the rookie cheap version of the exact same skill set and player of a tee Higgins. They need an outside separator 

you don’t trade for an expensive redudant player when you just used your first pick on him 

Understood. The point isn’t about the player as much as it’s about not hanhing your hat on having a guy instead of 2 or 3 or 4.

13 hours ago, Success said:

Who isn't in this camp?  

Higgins  ? No

Conceptually ?  Yes

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thielen is over the hill and slow.  He is a good possession receiver, but doesn’t get separation.  It’s Cooper or Adams if anyone at all.  I certainly hope we do grab one.

Cooper , if we must

I think the question you have to ask yourself is if we had Higgins, would Brady know how to utilize him?.......and i know you're saying, "oh yeah, Sweats, no problem" but keep in mind that we have 2 decent TE's and nobody has been able to figure out schemes for them yet.

I think any talent on this roster will be underutilized and ruined with Brady as our OC..........sorry, not sorry.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Higgins  ? No

Conceptually ?  Yes

Cooper , if we must

Think you’re right. 

Browns are cooked. They have to beat Pittsburgh or Cincy right now just to come third in that division. 
The way it’s looking it’s going to be Pittsburgh if they continue then either Chargers/Colts as the other wild card team.

With all the reports on Adams I can’t see the Bills giving up the high draft pick unless Raiders eat his salary. Unlikely. Even then they’ve still got to compete with teams we know Davante has a preference due to QB familiarity. Raiders might even hang on to Adams as they’re only @ 2-4 right now with a reasonable schedule left. On paper it looks like there’s only 2 or 3 games they “don’t have a chance of winning”. 

Bengals, at trade deadline, are likely 4-5 or 5-4 unless the wheels fall off and they end up 2-7. Maybe even going into week 10 with that 2-7 record they believe they can go on a magic 10-0 run lol They certainly have the talent. 

Browns’ Cooper, if indeed they want to acquire one, is probably the most realistic we have a chance to get. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm in the "why the f didn't we just draft a 2nd wr" camp....

same here.  Although, at this juncture, I'm in the we need to trade for a WR to salvage this season, then draft a WR next year.  Ideally Adams, Metcalf, Higgins, or Johnson (although he has drop issues or did).  

1 hour ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

The biggest issues holding back this team to me are: 

1. Coaching - ie. game management & being out schemed by top-tier coaches

2. On-field Talent - we don’t have enough players with special traits that create matchup problems

3. Lack of a “killer instinct” in the organization

Tee Higgins doesn’t touch those problems

he does address #2.  

Edited by RyanC883

17 hours ago, Virgil said:

I understand that some believe the cap is considered a fictitious number and maybe the Bengals will be able to pay Higgins, Chase, and Burrow, but I’m skeptical.  Also, the Bengals are another loss or two away from seriously having to consider getting some ROU before possibly losing him for nothing. 

At his age, with his skillset, he seems like an obvious target for the Bills.  We know Beane is willing to pay for a #1, Higgins is proven and young.  

Yes, we could wait until the season is over and join the FA bidding war, but I know some on here think we need a receiver yesterday.  

For those in the WR1 camp, is this best case scenario and would you be okay with the Bills making a trade for him?

No thank you

16 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Cooper, thielen, diontae are the targets 

No thank you

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, balln said:

We drafted Coleman…

Exactly. I love Higgins but he’s not a separator just like Coleman isn’t. They both have great hands and can win one on one but he’s not the guy we need. Go after a seasoned vet who can separate and be big in the playoffs like Hopkins or cooper. Both are reasonably cheap and shouldn’t cost a lot to trade for. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

same here.  Although, at this juncture, I'm in the we need to trade for a WR to salvage this season, then draft a WR next year.  Ideally Adams, Metcalf, Higgins, or Johnson (although he has drop issues or did).  

he does address #2.  

I hear you. Depends on if you think he is a difference maker or not. I think he is a decently talented player but I don’t see his skill set as vastly different or dramatically better than what we already have. 

14 hours ago, BillsWest said:

Just send Elam and Epenesa to Detroit for Jameson Williams.

I don’t know what would get it done, but I wouldn’t hate this. I was in the “draft Worthy” camp this offseason for reasons I’ve explained at length in other posts. The year Williams was coming out I was very hopeful we would have a chance to draft him to fully take advantage of Allen’s arm strength by getting him some world-class speed in a player who was also productive at a big university. Still waiting…

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT

I believe Beane knows they need another true starter at WR. I believe he tried for Adams and would try for Higgins. I am not confident at all given his devotion to the cap and picks we will actually pull the trigger to bring someone in that really moves the needle and I am prepared for a 5th or 6th to go for Wan'Dale Robinson.

On 10/13/2024 at 6:52 PM, Roundybout said:

Of those, give me Johnson. 

I think he would be the most expensive and I dont see why the panthers would trade him when legette is still so raw and johnson could help legette grow since that is a rebuilding franchise that's probably going to draft another young qb that will need reciever help.

The browns on the other hand were an all in franchise that is an absolute dumpster fire right now and if the browns lose next week their season is over and I'd be surprised if cooper isn't on the block.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I can see the Bengals tagging him again this offseason, then trading him. They don’t spend that much money so they will have room to do it. 

If he shakes free ....

Maybe an addition 

I write this after reading we got Cooper. Much better fit at a cost allowing us to play in FA again next preseason

Draft Draft develop. One early one mid rounds(pure speed)

• Like (+1) 1