If you are in the “we need a receiver camp”, do you try and trade for Higgins?

Virgil

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Brian Thomas has more yards than both.

I think rather than selecting another WR from 60 onward or the *laughably* unrealistic idea that we could have gotten someone between 4 and 9 to move to 28 - the most fair complaint that one can make as far as what we should have done differently in the Draft that could have improved our situation now, would be that we should have tried to move in front of Jacksonville at 23 to take Brian Thomas Jr.

I haven't given up on Coleman. But it's pretty obvious Thomas would provide more help now. I'd like to think he's lying when he said he didn't make any calls to move up at all and just no one wanted to move down in that 20-22 area.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Cincinnati Kid said:

Just because we drafted a guy doesn’t mean we shouldn’t ever think about getting another guy. Higgins is really good. He would be awesome with Shakir, Kincaid, and Coleman. 

Coleman is the rookie cheap version of the exact same skill set and player of a tee Higgins. They need an outside separator 

you don’t trade for an expensive redudant player when you just used your first pick on him 

I'm higher on Tee than most people here. His production when Chase has missed time has always been solid. I think he can be a #1 receiver, he would instantly be the #1 here, but he isn't a guy I want to give up huge assets for. It would be an upgrade on having John Brown as the #1 in 2019 but he isn't in the same tier as having Stef Diggs as your #1. The knocks on him are drops and his own health issues, he has been nicked up a ton. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

just win the division somehow and get healthy b4 the playoffs ( if we can steal Cooper from the Browns, fine) . this is all I want.  I am tired of going into single elimination tournament without half my starters.   this needs to be the season where we get to be the Eagles a couple years ago who had no injuries entering the playoffs

Adding a receiver mid-season seems like a long shot at this point. I’m struggling to recall any examples where bringing in a wide receiver during the season made a significant impact for the acquiring team. Unlike some defensive positions (DL & CB), a wide receiver’s success is highly dependent on factors like the scheme, the quarterback's play, and the surrounding talent. Given the existing bad contracts on the books, I don’t see how this could realistically fix the current issues.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think rather than selecting another from 60 onward or the *laughably* unrealistic idea that we could have gotten someone between 4 and 9 to move to 28 - the most fair complaint that one can make as far as what we should have done differently in the Draft that could have improved our situation, would be that we should have tried to move in front of Jacksonville at 23 to take Brian Thomas Jr.

I haven't given up on Coleman. But it's pretty obvious Thomas would provide more help now. I'd like to think he's lying when he said he didn't make any calls to move up at all and just no one wanted to move down in that 20-22 area.

I'd like to see Thomas's targets vs Coleman's 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And Cincinnati is going to trade him to us for what reason?  

Do people not understand that a team has to be willing to actually trade a player for a team to get a player?

I'd rather try to do business with the Browns. Jeudy or Cooper 

9 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I love this idea.  As you mentioned, the Bengals would need to lose another game, or probably 2, before they consider themselves sellers. Perfect cover 1 buster. 

I don't see them doing that even if they did...

• Agree 1

i think higgins is sick, but his contract is gonna be epic, and i don't know that he's better or much better for us right now than adams or metcalf.

my fantasy crafted idea is we trade our 2nds away for metcalf and adams this season as the raiders eat adams cap and win a chip, but that's madden stuff!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I like Higgins a lot, but those soft tissue injuries concern me.  

And there's no way Cinci trades him.  This is the last hurrah of their core after losing Mixon.  

If they lost last night maybe they think about getting a return for Higgins while they can but there’s no way they do it now 

As some wise poster has said before me, paraphrasing:  "Joe Brady can't use the receivers he has, why try to add a prototype WR1"

We don't have a receiver problem, we have a coordinator problem. We could trade for a WR1, but you're fixing a problem that we don't have, wasting capital.

• Like (+1) 1