If you are in the “we need a receiver camp”, do you try and trade for Higgins?

Virgil

12 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Not much tbh. Diggs, Higgins, Cooper, Godwin, Hopkins. That’s about it. 

Hollywood Brown too but meh. 

You mean Diggs is available!?!? 

Git ‘er done Beane! 

I apologize, but somebody had to do it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

How long until we've made a new trade thread for every starting WR in the league?

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm in the "why the f didn't we just draft a 2nd wr" camp....

Who would we have Drafted from Pick 60 onwards that would have made a difference?

Outside of Harrison and Nabers, no one's really lighting the league on fire as a Rookie WR in 2024.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

How long until we've made a new trade thread of every starting WR in the league?

Who would we have Drafted from Pick 60 onwards that would have made a difference? Outside of Harrison and Nabers, no one's really making much of a difference.

It's not about who we would've drafted as much as why we didn't even try?....we knew we were losing our top 2 wrs. And it's not like we were aggressive in fa?  Maybe they're just trying to piss off 17.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I don't like to make hardline statements as fact. In this case I'm confident enough based on what Beane has repeatedly said. 

Brandon Beane will not move high draft assets for a one year rental. Not this year. Not next. Not ever. You guys are really spinning your wheels on every player that has WR next to their name only to be disappointed.

It's funny, we make fun of the way the Dolphins were built by trading high draft picks that turn into multiple year cost controlled players and acquire vets that they have to pay huge to keep. This is a recipe for how mediocre to bad teams stay that way. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I understand that some believe the cap is considered a fictitious number and maybe the Bengals will be able to pay Higgins, Chase, and Burrow, but I’m skeptical.  Also, the Bengals are another loss or two away from seriously having to consider getting some ROU before possibly losing him for nothing. 

At his age, with his skillset, he seems like an obvious target for the Bills.  We know Beane is willing to pay for a #1, Higgins is proven and young.  

Yes, we could wait until the season is over and join the FA bidding war, but I know some on here think we need a receiver yesterday.  

For those in the WR1 camp, is this best case scenario and would you be okay with the Bills making a trade for him?

I’m not a fan of this.  Too much money for a guy who’s a better WR2 than he is WR1 IMHO.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I can't say I watch enough Bengals games to say yes, but I do know that he has put together some really good games.  He has strong hands, make contested catches, and I would argue is very capable of being a #1 receiver.  

My concern with him is injuries.  I don't know how much of this season was legit injury or holdout, but he's a difference maker.  Is he as good as Chase, no.  But in the FA world, he will get paid as a #1

He got banged up in his shoulder tonight to.  

But he plays - knowing his contract is on the line.  

My fear with him is once he gets paid, lots of time potentially missed nursing various injuries.  He just plays physical.  

And they’ll never trade him to us.  I’m not sure that team would believe they’re out of it until the math says they are.  They ain’t trading him.  

No team will give up the necessary capital for a rental like him that they’d want.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillsClinton said:

I can't tell if you're being cheeky about moulds.

5 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

Double checking a players name spelling from 30 years ago didn’t seem like the best use of my time. 

molds was the number #1 WR who carried his stats. 

How do you feel about Jim Kellie’s career? Andre Read?

• Haha (+1) 3