If you are in the “we need a receiver camp”, do you try and trade for Higgins?

Virgil

On 10/13/2024 at 9:26 PM, Virgil said:

I understand that some believe the cap is considered a fictitious number and maybe the Bengals will be able to pay Higgins, Chase, and Burrow, but I’m skeptical.  Also, the Bengals are another loss or two away from seriously having to consider getting some ROU before possibly losing him for nothing. 

At his age, with his skillset, he seems like an obvious target for the Bills.  We know Beane is willing to pay for a #1, Higgins is proven and young.  

Yes, we could wait until the season is over and join the FA bidding war, but I know some on here think we need a receiver yesterday.  

For those in the WR1 camp, is this best case scenario and would you be okay with the Bills making a trade for him?

At this point I think we should draft someone in RD1 of next year’s Draft.. And maybe extend Amari Cooper if all things go well..

Edited by ghostwriter

9 hours ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

I hear you. Depends on if you think he is a difference maker or not. I think he is a decently talented player but I don’t see his skill set as vastly different or dramatically better than what we already have. 

I don’t know what would get it done, but I wouldn’t hate this. I was in the “draft Worthy” camp this offseason for reasons I’ve explained at length in other posts. The year Williams was coming out I was very hopeful we would have a chance to draft him to fully take advantage of Allen’s arm strength by getting him some world-class speed in a player who was also productive at a big university. Still waiting…

Me too

next draft please

On 10/14/2024 at 1:08 PM, Sojourner said:

Think you’re right. 

Browns are cooked. They have to beat Pittsburgh or Cincy right now just to come third in that division. 
The way it’s looking it’s going to be Pittsburgh if they continue then either Chargers/Colts as the other wild card team.

With all the reports on Adams I can’t see the Bills giving up the high draft pick unless Raiders eat his salary. Unlikely. Even then they’ve still got to compete with teams we know Davante has a preference due to QB familiarity. Raiders might even hang on to Adams as they’re only @ 2-4 right now with a reasonable schedule left. On paper it looks like there’s only 2 or 3 games they “don’t have a chance of winning”. 

Bengals, at trade deadline, are likely 4-5 or 5-4 unless the wheels fall off and they end up 2-7. Maybe even going into week 10 with that 2-7 record they believe they can go on a magic 10-0 run lol They certainly have the talent. 

Browns’ Cooper, if indeed they want to acquire one, is probably the most realistic we have a chance to get. 

Good call sir.