If you are in the “we need a receiver camp”, do you try and trade for Higgins?

Virgil

I understand that some believe the cap is considered a fictitious number and maybe the Bengals will be able to pay Higgins, Chase, and Burrow, but I’m skeptical.  Also, the Bengals are another loss or two away from seriously having to consider getting some ROU before possibly losing him for nothing. 

At his age, with his skillset, he seems like an obvious target for the Bills.  We know Beane is willing to pay for a #1, Higgins is proven and young.  

Yes, we could wait until the season is over and join the FA bidding war, but I know some on here think we need a receiver yesterday.  

For those in the WR1 camp, is this best case scenario and would you be okay with the Bills making a trade for him?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I understand that some believe the cap is considered a fictitious number and maybe the Bengals will be able to pay Higgins, Chase, and Burrow, but I’m skeptical.  Also, the Bengals are another loss or two away from seriously having to consider getting some ROU before possibly losing him for nothing. 

At his age, with his skillset, he seems like an obvious target for the Bills.  We know Beane is willing to pay for a #1, Higgins is proven and young.  

Yes, we could wait until the season is over and join the FA bidding war, but I know some on here think we need a receiver yesterday.  

For those in the WR1 camp, is this best case scenario and would you be okay with the Bills making a trade for him?

How you fitting his salary under the cap? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Honest question. Is he a true #1? Or was he a pretty good receiver with a great QB on a stacked offense? I haven't watched enough bengals games to know. And you can't trust a sports media that thought Gabe Davis was a good WR.

#2, very low end #1 if that’s all you have. 

Great player but he has the help of double or rolled coverage to Chase. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Honest question. Is he a true #1? Or was he a pretty good receiver with a great QB on a stacked offense? I haven't watched enough bengals games to know. And you can't trust a sports media that thought Gabe Davis was a good WR.

I can't say I watch enough Bengals games to say yes, but I do know that he has put together some really good games.  He has strong hands, make contested catches, and I would argue is very capable of being a #1 receiver.  

My concern with him is injuries.  I don't know how much of this season was legit injury or holdout, but he's a difference maker.  Is he as good as Chase, no.  But in the FA world, he will get paid as a #1

• Like (+1) 3

I’m in the we could use a boundary WR that can threaten deep camp.   don’t think I would for Tee.  He hasn’t looked the same the last 2 years.  Wants lots of cash plus trading a good pick….idk.  I can see why most would want him, but there’s a sliver of me that thinks we may have seen his best days.  

I think I’d rather pay a lot less for Slayton

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1