McCarthy next head coach firing?

BobbyC81

14 hours ago, T.E. said:

He and Sean Payton have an almost identical careers, which is weird since one guy is considered a genius and the other is thought of as a dope.

I personally think McCarthy is better than everyone seems to give him credit for. I wouldn't necessarily want him to coach the Bills, but he isn't a complete bum. I'd say he is an average head coach.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

McD will make through the year but he needs to go year end.  Honestly I don’t see the Bills accomplishing anything postseason.  Just another wasted season.  I’ll say it again wash rinse repeat.  No more excuses. Those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

I’d love to see Josh with Ben Johnson.

This is logical but NFL franchises have incredible blind spots to situations like ours. I have always thought that the Bills would win a SB despite McD if he was the coach, never because of him. 13 seconds and a bunch of decisions since, small and large, have just cemented that opinion. The Bills would have to have the stars align in a playoff run, ie peaking with momentum, opponents injuries/bad luck and fortune on their side to mitigate the common McD in game management ineptness and the sometime unpreparedness factor. 

As for the rest, I think Pedersen gets fired, then Stefanski, Daboll then McCarthy. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Antonio Pierce is my odds-on favorite to be replaced during this season.  That team has all the tell tale signs of quitting on him, the blowouts keep coming, the coordinators are bad, and he was primarily hired because the players played hard for him last season.  He's on the Mike Singletary coaching trajectory. 

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

I personally think McCarthy is better than everyone seems to give him credit for. I wouldn't necessarily want him to coach the Bills, but he isn't a complete bum. I'd say he is an average head coach.

Dallas gets blown out way to often for my liking. I also think the talent on that team is way overhyped.

Dak isnt a bad QB, but he isnt the needle mover that the media makes him out to be 

14 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

McD will make through the year but he needs to go year end.  Honestly I don’t see the Bills accomplishing anything postseason.  Just another wasted season.  I’ll say it again wash rinse repeat.  No more excuses. Those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

I’d love to see Josh with Ben Johnson.

Wishful thinking unfortunately.  It will just be the 17th new OC for JA to work with and another year of a nicer purgatory.  This team with a healthy Allen, will always be good enough to not draft high and never good enough to win it all.  Allen will continue to make mediocre look ok and good look great until he can’t anymore.   I think the beating is already starting to take a toll, we are watching the last of the window we had close and there’s not another one coming (with McClappy at the helm).

Edited by DCofNC

47-9 beat down by the Lions...holy crap, Ole Jerrah better hire Robert Salah asap. Fix that defense, there's no D in Dallas.

They are still 3-3 but how do you get over being hammered like that while only scoring 9 points? 60 million dollar QB with a 34 million dollar WR.

16 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Getting the dub against the Giants gives Taylor a reprieve for now.  If they had dropped to 1-5....

Even if they had, they have had a ton of success lately and Mike Brown kept a lesser coach (Marvin Lewis) for 16 years

Ironically, Lewis is the assistant HC in Vegas. Could see him getting an interim gig if they do move on from Pierce 

1 minute ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

If those radio hosts had Father's who could have handed them a million dollars to start their own business, they likely couldnt have done a worse job.    I am sure they wouldnt have spent 73 million dollars on Zeke Elliot.   

Well, it's coming soon, obviously!

And I am sure ol' jerry will be talking up all of the amazing talent  on the team, championship caliber talent (that he as GM has chosen, is responsible for...)  in the days and weeks ahead, to set up McCarthy's inevitable firing.

But of course, everyone watching knows this team will never win much with the 'talent' he has assembled, picking players like a weak minded high school student, a few stars, eating up the salary cap, and an empty cupboard almost everywhere else.

The girls will not even make the playoffs this year.

The only way jerry's girls can win another Super Bowl during his lifetime is if fires himself as GM.  I am wondering if he is finally starting to understand that?