McCarthy next head coach firing?

BobbyC81

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Jerry should do the fanbase a giant favor…..and fire himself

the charges against him in regard to poor HC since Jimmy J are legit, but as a GM, he’s put together some stacked rosters. His QB is a playoff bum. 

3 hours ago, T.E. said:

He and Sean Payton have an almost identical careers, which is weird since one guy is considered a genius and the other is thought of as a dope.

who’s calling Payton a genius now?

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Dak is an overrated sack of *****. 

Don’t mince words with us, tell us what you really think…

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

No interest in going anywhere near that land of bigots and morons.  

You could just ban everybody on Day One!

I got your back......

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Watson is in a category by himself.  That contract is the albatross of all albatross’s.  That franchise is doomed for the next 3 years because of that contract 

Watson isn't just a serial sexual assaulter, but he is a serial assaulter of the Browns Salary Cap!!

Would seem odd to me to fire a HC this early in the season.  Who can you get?  You might get a few game bump with a an interim but basically you're kissing the season off and the players know it.

But it's Jerry we're talking here so who the bleep bleep knows.  He's fired 2 SB winning coaches so why not?

As far as Bill Bellyache taking over there next year I could totally see that happening.

Not sure what happened with Pederson.  Seemed like a football genius in that SB vs the Cheats.  The Philly Shuffle etc. My favorite part is they did a fake walkthrough and then did the real one in a hotel ballroom.  That was genius.  Had they not it's likely the Philly Shuffle would never have worked and he may have been shuffled out of Philly earlier.

Edited by reddogblitz

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Would seem odd to me to fire a HC this early in the season.  Who can you get?  You might get a few game bump with a an interim but basically you're kissing the season off and the players know it.

But it's Jerry we're talking here so who the bleep bleep knows.  He's fired 2 SB winning coaches so why not?

As far as Bill Bellyache taking over there next year I could totally see that happening.

Not sure what happened with Pederson.  Seemed like a football genius in that SB vs the Cheats.  The Philly Shuffle etc. My favorite part is they did a fake walkthrough and then did the real one in a hotel ballroom.  That was genius.  Had they not it's likely the Philly Shuffle would never have worked and he may have been shuffled out of Philly earlier.

Pederson doesn’t have the horses as he did in Philly. Don’t think he’s a top 5 coach, but better than his record.

As for McCarthy, jeruh said he wasn’t considering a coaching change.  So he’s considering a coaching change.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Watson is in a category by himself.  That contract is the albatross of all albatross’s.  That franchise is doomed for the next 3 years because of that contract 

Looking at what Mayfield is doing in Tampa, Browns finally had it right and then they didn’t.  Thank you for passing on Josh, morons!

But, Happy Birthday anyways, Jerrrry!

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Pederson doesn’t have the horses as he did in Philly. Don’t think he’s a top 5 coach, but better than his record.

As for McCarthy, jeruh said he wasn’t considering a coaching change.  So he’s considering a coaching change.

Yeah, it’s dangerous to hear as a coach that that the owner is standing behind you. As often as not, it means that he’s getting ready to stab you in the back.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

people hate jones, and maybe often with good reason, but his teams always trot out elite level talent.  to whatever extent he is responsible for hiring or training the scouts (or building and keeping the operation that does so) he's a top flight GM.  they got a pro bowl qb in the 4th or 5th round, top level talent at corner and edge, and always have sick backs, wrs, and oline talent.

he's kinda sucked from a selecting coaches pov i suppose with the clown they have now, but it's clear he wants experience at HC.  johnson, switzer, parcels, that dude they had before, and now this goof all had some shining cv's.  being the cowboys makes them a magnet for talent tho, so it could be argued some of their shine is just that, and people want to play for them.  

as much as i get down on mccorch, our team seems like the opposite of theirs, we have depth and breadth and outside of allen zero top flight guys, they are a one note band on both side of the ball (crush aggressive passers on d, big play capability on o).  i dislike dallas but i think i hate them less than most fans right now.

i do think if they get billy b they might be a problem.

30 minutes ago, vincec said:

Yeah, it’s dangerous to hear as a coach that that the owner is standing behind you. As often as not, it means that he’s getting ready to stab you in the back.

Et tu, Brute?

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

The “horses”? Meaning just the OL?  The Philly OL was surely much betterI think this jags team has more weapons than the SB Philly team.  Corey Clement was their leading receiver in the SB.

WRs- Agholor, Jeffery, Torrey smith 

RB- Blount, Ajayee, Clement

TE- ertz, Burton.

not a great group imo.  

I moved to Dallas 6 months ago and my god the cowboys sucking is amazing. I wear something Bills everyday and their fans talk so much trash. Mostly about super bowls they weren’t alive for. I just ask if they remember the last time they beat the Bills and how they feel about their coach. Usually the convo ends there. Sometimes they go back to the Super Bowls. 

How do you keep getting destroyed at home?  How embarrassing.  Wasn't it last year or the year before where they were unbeatable at home and got bombed on the road? Now they are the complete opposite? 3-0 on the road and 0-3 at home with a -66 point differential?? Pretty hard to have a -66 point differential in 3 games when you lost one of them by only 3 points, although it likely should have been a lot more than that.

Edited by Big Turk

14 hours ago, T.E. said:

He and Sean Payton have an almost identical careers, which is weird since one guy is considered a genius and the other is thought of as a dope.

McCarthy isn't going anywhere.  The whole staff is on 1 year deals pretty much.  The Jones family set it up this way.  Its a prove it year for the staff, if they fail they just are out of jobs naturally.  That is also why they brought in zimmer to run the defense.  

the head scratcher is giving in to Dak's demands yet again and making him the highest paid player in the league, they should have played out the year with him too but they panicked and paid him.  

Dak spent last week knocking down his mansion so that he can build an even bigger one on his property, he got mad because some neighbors gave the footage to tmz.  

• Like (+1) 1