Gabe Davis doing Gabe Davis things

Rigotz

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Davis with his 2nd dropped TD of the day

And now another TD- just sayin- I just feel like this post is similar to how the boards kinda react a little to fast and not allow things to play out- 

It's a long season - glad he iss not on the Bills as it was time to go but it is kinda funny to watch how quickly this change 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

So you think it’s just a giant coincidence that Edmunds, the QB of the defense, consistently finds himself in top 5 defense???? On separate teams???

I think he’s fine. 

I don’t think he’s a true difference-maker. My evidence is “the Bears defense was one of the worst in the NFL before and after they signed him until they brought in an actual difference-maker.”

I mean, has the Bills defense felt his loss? We didn’t miss a beat with losing him, and honestly upgraded at the position (except for availability).

Again, not mad he got paid. Not mad the Bears overpaid for him, they had a terrible roster and needed to fill holes ASAP. But difference maker? Imo, no. It’s not a coincidence that the Bills defense was still very good with or without him. And the Bears defense was still very bad with or without (until

they traded for and paid for a star pass rusher).

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Great he caught 2 of the 4 TDs that hit him in the hands. Another classic 50% performance, in a blowout loss.

In your opinion is he worth the contract that the Jags paid him?

Two more TD’s than Curtis?

FYI, Gabe has 3 less yards today than Curtis has on the year. 

6 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

And now another TD- just sayin- I just feel like this post is similar to how the boards kinda react a little to fast and not allow things to play out- 

It's a long season - glad he iss not on the Bills as it was time to go but it is kinda funny to watch how quickly this change 

No…Davis’ reputation is that he is one of the most frustratingly inconsistent players in the NFL, and I’m so glad we didn’t give him the big contract…👍

8 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Two more TD’s than Curtis?

FYI, Gabe has 3 less yards today than Curtis has on the year. 

They were both bad contracts. I'm annoyed that Beane didn't properly address the WR room. That doesn't mean overpaying for Davis would have been a good decision.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A few thoughts, because I’m surprised by the negative reaction toward me or anybody else who is simply remarking that Gabe Davis was grossly overpaid:

1) I’m glad Gabe got paid elsewhere. I like him and am rooting for him.

2) Saying it is somehow Trevor Lawrence’s fault that Gabe dropped two easy passes is insane.

3) Samuel has not been a good signing yet. What does that have to do with Gabe Davis?

Objectively, Gabe Davis has been bad and overpaid. It’s ok to say that objectively without being emotional about it. Some people cried when Gabe left. Some didn’t. 

Some people are apparently still crying. Wipe away the tears and open your eyes. Be happy that he got paid and be happier that we didn’t pay him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

No…Davis’ reputation is that he is one of the most frustratingly inconsistent players in the NFL, and I’m so glad we didn’t give him the big contract…👍

Trust me I wanted him to go- I just think it's early is all- not saying he's great or anything - I've just eaten enough crow is all- sure he dropped 2 easy TDs- he has the rep sure but he also has 39 million more than me- so someone thinks he brings something - I'm just happy it wasn't the Bills 

We all look at things different 

I am definitely worried about Lawrence at this point, but it's also just astounding the number of touchdowns his receivers drop. He finished the year with 21 TDs last season and it's not even an exaggeration to say he could have had 40 if his receivers could catch the ball. And then he had at least 3 dropped TDs today alone.

Lawrence is undoubtedly overpaid for what he is (and has seemingly declined this season which is obviously not what you want) but his receivers have been so much worse than you'd expect. On paper, Thomas, Kirk, and Gabe is probably just a below average or maybe average trio of WRs, but in actuality, their receiver room seems about as dire as ours (but Thomas looks very exciting so far).

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Samuel is a good player. Don’t let his lack of production deflect from the Bills ineptitude in using him. 

Those screens were all called in a pretty good spot and the blocking was hilariously terrible haha. That game plan seemed like it revolved around screens/ fake screens with a wheel behind to get cook against a LB 1 on 1 which in theory should’ve worked pretty well if we werent comically inept at blocking for screens lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I am definitely worried about Lawrence at this point, but it's also just astounding the number of touchdowns his receivers drop. He finished the year with 21 TDs last season and it's not even an exaggeration to say he could have had 40 if his receivers could catch the ball. And then he had at least 3 dropped TDs today alone.

Lawrence is undoubtedly overpaid for what he is (and has seemingly declined this season which is obviously not what you want) but his receivers have been so much worse than you'd expect. On paper, Thomas, Kirk, and Gabe is probably just a below average or maybe average trio of WRs, but in actuality, their receiver room seems about as dire as ours (but Thomas looks very exciting so far).

I could be wrong, but it seems dubious that Jacksonville had 19 dropped TDs last year.  As for today, I believe that 3 of the 4 dropped TDs were on the same drive (which resulted in a TD).

Cap hits aside, I'd much rather take BTJ, Kirk, Davis and Engram over the Bills' ragtag receiving corps.  Davis could fill the 'blocking WR' role that Beane seems to feel is essential.  And no, I did not want Beane to re-sign Davis.