Gabe Davis doing Gabe Davis things

Rigotz

7 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

FWIW, the Bears defense kinda sucked last year until they traded for and paid Sweat. 

“The Bears defense has improved dramatically with Sweat’s addition. They went from 28th to 20th in points allowed, 23rd to 12th in yards allowed and from 22nd to third in takeaways, per the Chicago Sun-Times. The Bears were 2-6 without Sweat, and they’re 5-3 with him”

I don’t know if Tremaine was worth the contract he got and I still don’t. Happy for him though. 

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/07/montez-sweat-effect-has-transformed-bears-defense/

So you think it’s just a giant coincidence that Edmunds, the QB of the defense, consistently finds himself in top 5 defense???? On separate teams???

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yeah I don’t see it as “crapping on former Bills” - Beane has made some bad calls but this team would not be in any better shape right now if he had paid Davis and Edmunds anything close to what their new teams did.

The revisionist history by many is what gives away that it is just people crapping on former players. They prop up players as more than they are while they are here and then they crap on them and make them out to be worse than they are after they go somewhere else. 

Also it’s common for teams that need to rebuild and have a lot of cap space to overpay to get players. Most HAVE to do that to attract free agents. The Bills did it when they rebuilt, but posters thought that was smart. But to them it is stupid when another team does it. It’s just homers being biased homers. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

so if they get paid they are off limits from further commentary about their play?

There’s a big difference between commentary about their play and actively pulling for them to fail.  You’re fully  aware of which this is.

12 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Okay Samuel + MVS vs Gabe. 

Give me the guy who can play the boundary at an NFL level vs two guys who can’t play at all?

perfect - you are up to a cherry picked 26M of the 39M

are we just going to keep rolling guys you don’t like til you get to an apples to apples comparison of the dedicated space? 

Just now, NoSaint said:

so if they get paid they are off limits from further commentary about their play?

Guys who do that are the one who follow their ex girlfriends on social media and get happy when something bad happens to them. 

Gabe’s worst crime is he wasn’t a good enough number 2 wr but he still had plenty of good moments here and far surpassed his draft selection. Personally, I haven’t thought Davis once this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They are doing it with Edmund’s, who was a MLB of top 3 defense and is now on a top 3 defense in Chicago, who was terrible. 

im not saying we are the only fanbase who does it but I thought we were better than that. Everything I know about Gabe is he was one of the hard working dudes on the team and his teammates loved him. Turned being a 4th round pick into a good contract. We should celebrate that. 

and again, I won’t have paid Gabe that money, but are we better off with the guys we have?

Jags fans have been hating on Gabe Davis all season long on social media. They (correctly) believe that the team overpaid him and they're sick of his inconsistency.

And what fanbase doesn't have some fun talking trash about players that leave the team? That's part of the fun of being a sports fan. It isn't that serious. Gabe Davis is still a millionaire. He doesn't need your support, he already won.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Guys who do that are the one who follow their ex girlfriends on social media and get happy when something bad happens to them. 

Gabe’s worst crime is he wasn’t a good enough number 2 wr but he still had plenty of good moments here and far surpassed his draft selection. Personally, I haven’t thought Davis once this year. 

You didn't think about Davis when he played against the Bills in Week 3.  I think you're trying too hard.

2 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Good friend of mine is Jags fan. Davis has become his least favorite player on offense. 2 big drops today 

Only a matter of time 😉

Jags fans have to be pissed he’s getting $13 million per…One of the most frustratingly inconsistent players you will ever see…

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

You didn't think about Davis when he played against the Bills in Week 3.  I think you're trying too hard.

Trying to hard to impress random strangers! Sure. I forgot about the Jags game because there are irrelevant. But yes, I thought if Davis had a monster game, there would be a bills mafia meltdown. He did nothing and he still had a nice contract. Who cares? 

2 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Good friend of mine is Jags fan. Davis has become his least favorite player on offense. 2 big drops today 

1 - congrats on knowing one of 7 Jags fans

2 - Kirk and Thomas also dropped tds. Also Lawrence is getting paid a ton and isn’t a franchise changer. He has bigger problems than Gabe Davis.

43 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Correlation isn't always causation.   Davis is bad but he didn't make Josh throw into.   Lawrence had never realized his potential even before Davis went there.  Lawrence has had plenty of good wideouts to throw to.  Still does.

This isn’t psych statistic 101 haha. Get out of here with your correlation/causation undergrad stuff. 

Einstein had a great thread last season that broke it down. Many of us predicted a big drop in turnovers with Davis/Diggs gone this year, if nothing else. We were right on. 

• Like (+1) 1