Gabe Davis doing Gabe Davis things

Rigotz

36 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Can we compare his season to Samuel, who got similar AAV?

if you make 40% less do you consider that similarly paid? 

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Gabe costs $1.3M more against the cap this year fyi.

a single year cap hit is perhaps the least meaningful contract comparison possible. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

meh. 

I think it’s still open ended debate on who the guy is, right?

seems like a 40 catch 650 yard kind of guy which isn’t particularly productive unless he’s incredibly efficient in producing that… and he’s not. 

I don’t think Gabe deserves hate but I understand frustration towards the team or sometimes fellow fans in that debate.

It’s pocket watching. Who cares that he’s not on the team anymore? He’s a 4th rounder who had good moments for us. We didn’t pay him so why not celebrate a good dude who got a nice contract? And it’s not his replacements are exactly lighting up either. 

personally, I think it sums up society. Just hating on someone for the sake of hating. I think it’s super corny and unproductive but do you I guess. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s pocket watching. Who cares that he’s not on the team anymore? He’s a 4th rounder who had good moments for us. We didn’t pay him so why not celebrate a good dude who got a nice contract? And it’s not his replacements are exactly lighting up either. 

personally, I think it sums up society. Just hating on someone for the sake of hating. I think it’s super corny and unproductive but do you I guess. 

I don’t know I think it’s because there’s a lot of debates over whether a certain player is good or bad while they’re here and that’s the only reason anyone cares what they’re doing anywhere else

i don’t think people are blindly hating on these guys just because they left the bills 

there’s always a huge discussion over whether we should let a would be free agent walk 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t know I think it’s because there’s a lot of debates over whether a certain player is good or bad while they’re here and that’s the only reason anyone cares what they’re doing anywhere else

i don’t think people are blindly hating on these guys just because they left the bills 

They are doing it with Edmund’s, who was a MLB of top 3 defense and is now on a top 3 defense in Chicago, who was terrible. 

im not saying we are the only fanbase who does it but I thought we were better than that. Everything I know about Gabe is he was one of the hard working dudes on the team and his teammates loved him. Turned being a 4th round pick into a good contract. We should celebrate that. 

and again, I won’t have paid Gabe that money, but are we better off with the guys we have?

• Like (+1) 1

im not hating on him or hoping he fails but I think in our meaningless football chatter on a discussion board - seeing where a guy we held our breathe on for four years ends up in his career isn’t poor form. 

Incredibly little we do on this board is super cool and infinitely productive - so the high ground is maybe a little too preachy in swinging the opposite direction 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

if you make 40% less do you consider that similarly paid? 

a single year cap hit is perhaps the least meaningful contract comparison possible. 

The discussion I read last year was that we replaced Gabe with Samuel. We couldn’t afford both but we certainly could’ve afforded either.

I think this team today is better with a little overpay of Gabe than a complete zero of a signing with Samuel. Sue me.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

im not hating on him or hoping he fails but I think in our meaningless football chatter on a discussion board - seeing where a guy we held our breathe on for four years ends up in his career isn’t poor form. 

Incredibly little we do on this board is super cool and infinitely productive - so the high ground is maybe a little too preachy in swinging the opposite direction 

Haha, the bolded is very true. 

but come on. The OP started a post laughing at Davis and he catches a td. It’s hilarious.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

They are doing it with Edmund’s, who was a MLB of top 3 defense and is now on a top 3 defense in Chicago, who was terrible. 

im not saying we are the only fanbase who does it but I thought we were better than that. Everything I know about Gabe is he was one of the hard working dudes on the team and his teammates loved him. Turned being a 4th round pick into a good contract. We should celebrate that. 

and again, I won’t have paid Gabe that money, but are we better off with the guys we have?

What does that prove?  Edmunds was the same there was a huge debate over whether he was good or not his entire time here.  People are keepin an eye on him for more evidence on if their take was right or not. 

nobody wishes these guys ill will or thinks they’re bad people I don’t think lol 

this is self contained to chronically online message board posters I’d say with personal stake in whether Edmunds and Gabe have good careers, the average bills fan does not care in the least 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

you know, I’m not sure we are much better if we added Gabe back. 

but even before he left I was on the train that he was net neutral at best. Would Josh look better with Gabe instead of Keon?

sure with Samuel dinged up and shakir hurt more warm bodies would be good but…

Haha, the bolded is very true. 

but come on. The OP started a post laughing at Davis and he catches a td. It’s hilarious.

oh I’ll buy the irony is amusing 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

meh. 

I think it’s still open ended debate on who the guy is, right?

seems like a 40 catch 650 yard kind of guy which isn’t particularly productive unless he’s incredibly efficient in producing that… and he’s not. 

I don’t think Gabe deserves hate but I understand frustration towards the team or sometimes fellow fans in that debate.

Yeah I don’t see it as “crapping on former Bills” - Beane has made some bad calls but this team would not be in any better shape right now if he had paid Davis and Edmunds anything close to what their new teams did.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

The discussion I read last year was that we replaced Gabe with Samuel. We couldn’t afford both but we certainly could’ve afforded either.

I think this team today is better with a little overpay of Gabe than a complete zero of a signing with Samuel. Sue me.

Samuel plus another player, even in this hypothetical you are laying out 

39 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

No threads about the terrible Edmunds?  Oh, right.

Awesome.
Since the trade , Edmunds has proved his worth and is earning his $ that people here made fun of, while Milano is cashing disability checks. 

Edmunds had 113 tackles and 4 ints. 
Milano had 30 and 2

Let’s just point to ‘0’ for any stat line for Milano. Well, except for games missed. 
It sucks and Milano can’t really control injuries, but the #s are what they are. 

And, yes, Edmunds is NOT terrible. He’s actually pretty good. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So the Bears who were the 4 th worst defense in the nfl are now the 5th best defense. But I’m sure signing a MLB who was part of consistent top 3 defenses in Buffalo had no impact on that. Some of you don’t know ball. 

but yeah, let’s keep hating on good guys who had the audacity to sign nice contracts. So corny and reeks of jealousy. 

Haha!!! Maybe we should make another Mahomes throws an int in training camp thread!!!

The Bills defense never missed a beat after he left, since he was replaced with Bernard, a markedly better player whose name you actually hear during games.

The Bears also added lots of other players on their defense, actual difference-makers like Montez Sweat , and that's what is making the difference, not Tremaine Edmunds and his weekly disappearing act. Go look at the rest of that draft and see how much the Bills blew it by trading up and wasting a 1st rounder on him.

Just now, Dopey said:

Awesome.
Since the trade , Edmunds has proved his worth and is earning his $ that people here made fun of, while Milano is cashing disability checks. 

Edmunds had 113 tackles and 4 ints. 
Milano had 30 and 2

Let’s just point to ‘0’ for any stat line for Milano. Well, except for games missed. 
It sucks and Milano can’t really control injuries, but the #s are what they are. 

And, yes, Edmunds is NOT terrible. He’s actually pretty good. 

Didn't Bernard replace Edwards though 

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

FWIW, the Bears defense kinda sucked last year until they traded for and paid Sweat. 

“The Bears defense has improved dramatically with Sweat’s addition. They went from 28th to 20th in points allowed, 23rd to 12th in yards allowed and from 22nd to third in takeaways, per the Chicago Sun-Times. The Bears were 2-6 without Sweat, and they’re 5-3 with him”

I don’t know if Tremaine was worth the contract he got and I still don’t. Happy for him though. 

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/07/montez-sweat-effect-has-transformed-bears-defense/

Edited by RoscoeParrish
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You've never criticized a former Bill?