Gabe Davis doing Gabe Davis things

Rigotz

12 hours ago, Nelius said:

Could you imagine? Would likely go for like 1200 yds and 10+ TD while simultaneously having the lowest catch rate and fans hating him. Would maybe be better though. 

Don’t hate Gabe at all and wish him the best. There were a couple posters like Badol (RIP) that said he chirped at fans toward his way out, but it was somewhat unbelievable. 

There is video of it. I don’t have it at the moment but it definitely happened.

edit- Fans were pretty trashy but here it is. Language is pretty bad so be careful where you watch. 

NSFW

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Sad 1

The Bills lost their #1 and #2 WR from last year (whether we like it or not, but that is fact).  They also moved their #3 WR (Shakir) to a #1 WR role.  Finally, they did not bring in a #1 or #2 (It could be argued that Samuel was a #2 at the minimum, but we have barely used him to be called a #1 or #2).  Besides these, we have replaced a few journeymen WR in Sherfield and  Harty with Hollins and MVJ and that. hasn't worked out.   WR is all about having chemistry and right now there is none, including with the two TEs.  

This pretty much sums up the Bills struggles.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He's vastly outperformed his 4th round draft spot so you just undercut your argument.  Shakir's outperformed his 5th round status too.  It's more passing up WR's for other positions in the first couple of rounds that have led to where we are now in the WR room.

That and your #1 demanding a trade a month after free agency opens, while creating a massive dead cap hit.  I don't even think much of what they added changes if they keep diggs - in fact everyone probably slots where they should.  

Knowing that back in march there are a few moves you can consider that were probably more realisitic than overpaying ridley for example.  I think instead of samuel, you can target hollywood brown (i know he's hurt but probably more of what we need at the moment).  There are other trades we potentially consider - Jeudy, Diontae Johnson, Keenan Allen perhaps.  

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This remains to be seen. Shakir has not played very much yet. I hope you are right.

Oh stop that silliness

Shakir has Proven he is a huge leap above Gabe in importance with quality and quantity of targets and receptions.

You know Shakir's target vs Rec rate dont ya Red ?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Oh stop that silliness

Shakir has Proven he is a huge leap above Gabe in importance with quality and quantity of targets and receptions.

Reception rates are largely functions of target depth.  Davis gets in the endzone, and there's value in that. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Oh stop that silliness

I was not a Davis fan and so far in his young career Shakir has caught the football well and his run after catch skills are sublime.  I'm just not ready to crown his ass yet.  I need to see if he can do it for a whole season.  If you're ready to crown his ass, go for it.

• Agree 1

Can’t argue shakir is awesome

notbsure what Brady is doing in not getting Kincaid in more - or even Knox if the argument is Kincaid is getting doubles - the way some of these teams scheme their playmakers into the mix - makes me jealous 

I still feel missing Diggs - we should still have an open guy around with this talent we have 

On 10/14/2024 at 1:42 PM, reddogblitz said:

I was not a Davis fan and so far in his young career Shakir has caught the football well and his run after catch skills are sublime.  I'm just not ready to crown his ass yet.  I need to see if he can do it for a whole season.  If you're ready to crown his ass, go for it.

Oh heck no. My post must have come off as fanboi for Shakir. love the Kid for many reasons. But no crowns awarded  . so far😋

Just that Davis had plenty of time to step up , and stepped down.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/14/2024 at 4:22 PM, Drew21PA said:

Can’t argue shakir is awesome

notbsure what Brady is doing in not getting Kincaid in more - or even Knox if the argument is Kincaid is getting doubles - the way some of these teams scheme their playmakers into the mix - makes me jealous 

I still feel missing Diggs - we should still have an open guy around with this talent we have 

This is my dilemma .

Guys gotta be open already

Trick is to see them