Five Weeks in, Las Vegas thinks everything AFC is already clear

Chaos

Five weeks into the season, Las Vegas has the division winners  all decisively odds-on favorites.  This is not typical. 

Division Winners:

image.thumb.png.8abb381a8a459f3889837239ea54ab25.png

They also have a pretty big front runner for Conference Champ.
image.thumb.png.3caa123ce347c2a54360ffba0a6afa0d.png

Edited by Chaos

• Chaos changed the title to Five Weeks in, Las Vegas thinks everything AFC is already clear

I still think ultimately the Jets have a stronger roster to sustain themselves through the course of the season…

PS…If the Bills are looking to draft a WR in the upcoming draft, it doesn’t look promising…Last year was the year to do it, unfortunately…

Early on, DT looks like the way to go in the next draft…There are some really good prospects from the mid to late first round…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Is tua not on track for a week 8 return anymore?  +750 for the dolphins seems like an interesting value bet.  I think I’d take that before the jets +310

It probably won't matter.  They'll have too many losses by then.

24 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Vegas still likes the Bills a lot more than their own fans do. But I do think that the team that they don't know what to think about is the Jets.

Most people like the Bills more than the fans.  The self hate is astounding on here.  

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I still think ultimately the Jets have a stronger roster to sustain themselves through the course of the season…

PS…If the Bills are looking to draft a WR in the upcoming draft, it doesn’t look promising…Last year was the year to do it, unfortunately…

Their offensive lineman depth is horrendous.  1 serious offensive line injury which is pretty likely for any team and their season is over 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

It probably won't matter.  They'll have too many losses by then.

I mean it’s only one more game without tua cuz their bye is this week IF he comes back week 8.  The game is against the colts too so not a super impossible one

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Early on, DT looks like the way to go in the next draft…There are some really good prospects from the mid to late first round…

We blew our opportunity at Brian Thomas. Settled for Coleman and drafted no other young prospect....Brilliant Beane.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Their offensive lineman depth is horrendous.  1 serious offensive line injury which is pretty likely for any team and their season is over 

That and Rodgers is injured.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Oh McD has to be licking his chops, another rotational 3 tech to put behind Ed in the 1st round!? Sign him UP!

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Five weeks into the season, Las Vegas has the division winners  all decisively odds-on favorites.  This is not typical. 

Division Winners:

image.thumb.png.8abb381a8a459f3889837239ea54ab25.png

They also have a pretty big front runner for Conference Champ.
image.thumb.png.3caa123ce347c2a54360ffba0a6afa0d.png

I actually think the odds are pretty spot on, it’s pretty basic math to determine the chances of a lot of these teams digging themselves out of a hole and others having to completely collapse for things to be much different.   Could it happen? Sure.  But if you come back and look at this picture at the EOY, I bet Vegas wins.

The AFC has kind of fallen apart haha.  The Bills are “retooling” (or the failure to add talent where it matters is catching up, your choice of words), Steelers still have no O, Browns are Browning, Bengals had to pay their QB, Tua did Tua, Jets gambled on a 40 yr old, and all the other shots at QB missed the mark.   You’re left with the Chiefs, Texans, Ravens and maybe the Josh Allen’s having a shot to win it. 

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Oh McD has to be licking his chops, another rotational 3 tech to put behind Ed in the 1st round!? Sign him UP!

You could have the first round DT rotating with Carter, if they decide to move on from Oliver…

Think about it…Our #1 edge, Groot, is a solid #2…But we need a #1 on the other side…

Our #1 3-tech, Oliver, is a solid rotational piece, but not a dominant player who impacts the game in a meaningful way…

We need to improve the line…Whether or not McD wants to do it or not, is his prerogative…But we are behind other superbowl contenders, in that area…

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We blew our opportunity at Brian Thomas. Settled for Coleman and drafted no other young prospect....Brilliant Beane.

What “opportunity” did we have to draft Brian Thomas Jr?  Please explain.

Just now, mannc said:

What “opportunity” did we have to draft Brian Thomas Jr?  Please explain.

He fell well within reach to go get him.  The Bills have traded up to draft Elam, Kincaid and multiple other later round guys, but THIS is the one case you can’t understand?

Just now, DCofNC said:

He fell well within reach to go get him.  The Bills have traded up to draft Elam, Kincaid and multiple other later round guys, but THIS is the one case you can’t understand?

We traded up a few spots to draft Elam and Kincaid.  A move up for Thomas from 28 would have been of a whole different magnitude.  What spot were we supposed to trade up to to draft Thomas (who I thought was WR2 in this draft, behind Nabers)?

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You could have the first round DT rotating with Carter, if they decide to move on from Oliver…

Think about it…Our #1 edge, Groot, is a solid #2…But we need a #1 on the other side…

Our #1 3-tech, Oliver, is a solid rotational piece, but not a dominant player who impacts the game in a meaningful way…

We need to improve the line…Whether or not McD wants to do it or not, is his prerogative…But we are behind other superbowl contenders, in that area…

They aren’t moving on from Oliver, the contract prohibits that for at least another year, realistically 2.  They are behind in many positions, but their idiotic use of cap space on the line is their own doing.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

We traded up a few spots to draft Elam and Kincaid.  A move up for Thomas from 28 would have been of a whole different magnitude.  What spot were we supposed to trade up to to draft Thomas (who I thought was WR2 in this draft, behind Nabers)?

He was drafted 5 spots ahead of us, so I’d say roughly 23rd? 🙄 

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He was drafted 5 spots ahead of us, so I’d say roughly 23rd? 🙄 

Yeah, you’re right.  I forgot that Thomas fell that far.  I thought he went in the mid-teens…absolute steal at 23.  Still, the Bills would have had to find a trade partner and it’s not certain anyone would have been willing or what it would have cost.

Hard to argue with that, I actually think the AFC North will be the closest at the end. Those teams tend to beat each other up in the divisional matchups. Bills should have zero issue winning the division, but that's just because the AFC East is so weak.