Is it time to trade Milano?

GreggTX

I know this may not be a popular opinion, but I think we should explore the option of trading Matt Milano. He has a history of injuries and we could enter the 2025 draft weekend armed with some serious draft capital. Maybe this is where we get Diggs' successor, our Von Miller heir and continue building at G and DT. This, of couse, depends on Dorian Williams' continued development, but he's playing well. We don't need to decide yet, but the possibility intrigues me. After all, the best ability is availability and why else would we have used a 3rd round pick on Williams? We used a 3rd rounder on Bernard and look at what happened at MLB. I think Milano's contract has us keeping him for another year so he isn't likely to be released outright, but a trade could mitigate the financial impact. We have time to watch Dorian Williams develop too. Also, Beane has shown that he's not afraid to pul the trigger on an explosive trade.

Your thoughts?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 4

6 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I know this may not be a popular opinion, but I think we should explore the option of trading Matt Milano. He has a history of injuries and we could enter the 2025 draft weekend armed with some serious draft capital. Maybe this is where we get Diggs' successor, our Von Miller heir and continue building at G and DT. This, of couse, depends on Dorian Williams' continued development, but he's playing well. We don't need to decide yet, but the possibility intrigues me. After all, the best ability is availability and why else would we have used a 3rd round pick on Williams? We used a 3rd rounder on Bernard and look at what happened at MLB. I think Milano's contract has us keeping him for another year so he isn't likely to be released outright, but a trade could mitigate the financial impact. We have time to watch Dorian Williams develop too. Also, Beane has shown that he's not afraid to pul the trigger on an explosive trade.

Your thoughts?

"This guy has a big contract, is always hurt and he's 30. Let's make an explosive trade for serious draft capital."

• Like (+1) 1

He’s more valuable to us than he is anybody else right now. And it might be reeeeal nice to go into a playoff game with both him and Bernard on the field.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This board has really mastered the art of ‘sell low’ lol 

Years of practice really paying off 👍

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The sooner Milano is able to replace Williams, the better. 

The difference in experience and instincts is …….. ummmm….. noteworthy on occasion. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

We’re constantly wanting elite talent and Milano is that when healthy.  Optimistic that he comes back at that level.  He takes the D to another level.  TJ as well.  2 of our best players are out. 

Its so sad a lot of people don’t realize how important TJ is/how important nickel corners are in todays nfl..  seems like there’s this weird belief that only we play nickel really and we could just as easily do something else and have as much success when in reality if you’re a team thats name doesn’t rhyme with feelers, nickel is probably your base defense 😂

He has a large contract and followed up his season ending injury last year with a season ending injury sustained in Training Camp this year. He has no trade value right now.

He's an undeniable talent when healthy and the injuries were kind of fluky and not anything structural with long term effects like an ACL or Achilles (Broken Leg and Torn Bicep). You don't want to just give him away. Which is what we'd be doing right now.

Let him heal up and restart his career. If Williams has an undeniable full year and they want him to be the guy, show Milano off a bit in the Playoffs and the Pre-Season next year. Let people see he's the same guy and healthy before you even consider it. But preferably and realistically, we keep them both.

Edited by BillsFanForever19