James Cook Accused Of Running Out On Nightclub tab πŸ₯ƒ

GoBills!

6 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

Doesn't the establishment open the tab with your credit card?Β  Any place I ever opened a tab, I did so with my card first.Β Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I’ve never run a tab at any establishment without them running my card first … so this should have never been an issue in the first place

Β 

Have you ever had a restaurant ask for your credit card before they give you the menu? He reserved a VIP table with bottle service. This isn't your corner bowling alley ordering a round of Blue lights.Β 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Neo said:

I have done it twice. Β  Self rectified when I realized, to my horror, that I left an open tab. Β  Β 

Β 

That fixes itself if you are staying at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead, ATL. They will let you know, as politely as possible. That doesn’t mean there is zero shame, but life goes on.Β 

• Agree 1

My 18 year old daughter literally laughed out loud when she heard that Cook was at Venu. What is a 25 year old NFL player doing at a place that’s mostly 16, 17 & 18 year olds? For those not familiar, Venu is an 18 & over bar that a lot of under 18 year olds with fake IDs go to. Or at least that is what was explained to me.

Β 

But the funniest thing about this is the story linked by the OP. It starts out β€œFor many years, Buffalo has been famous for its nightclubs and the number of sports stars who like to party in them.” LMFAO

Β 

For the record, I have no issue with the mistake Cook made on the tab. He forgot and squared up. No big deal.Β 

Somewhere Marshawn Lynch is just shaking his head & thinking James Cook is some kind amateur....

Β 

....Lynch seems to have this superstar ego where he doesn't understand that he has to play by the same rules as everybody else. He didn't understand why the cops would give himΒ a hard timeΒ for bringing his own alcohol into a bar. He doesn't understand why he would get pulled over for pumping up his stereo to levels that 99% of the community would find annoying to the point of being rude. He doesn't understand why other people in his condo can own a dog, but he's not allowed to own a pit bull.....Β 

Β 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/6/3/1497064/an-argument-for-trading-marshawn

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

My 18 year old daughter literally laughed out loud when she heard that Cook was at Venu. What is a 25 year old NFL player doing at a place that’s mostly 16, 17 & 18 year olds? For those not familiar, Venu is an 18 & over bar that a lot of under 18 year olds with fake IDs go to. Or at least that is what was explained to me.

Β 

But the funniest thing about this is the story linked by the OP. It starts out β€œFor many years, Buffalo has been famous for its nightclubs and the number of sports stars who like to party in them.” LMFAO

Β 

For the record, I have no issue with the mistake Cook made on the tab. He forgot and squared up. No big deal.Β 

Β 

HAMBURG, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills rookie Travis Henry pleaded guilty Friday to trying to have sexual contact with a 15-year-old girl....

Β 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/2001/1026/1269328.html#:~:text=-- Buffalo Bills rookie Travis,have to do community service.

On 10/11/2024 at 7:34 PM, GoBills! said:

All the great backs in Buffalo have a little law enforcement trouble, OJ, LYNCH, COOK. πŸ‘€. Can’t remember Thurman stayed clean but then again phones and video weren’t a thing back then.

Don’t forget Travis Henry’s drug trafficking charges πŸ˜‚

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Β 

Β 

According to their website you have to be 21+ to get in. Β 
Β 

Edit- there’s an instagram post that says Fridays are 18+

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, QCity said:

Β 

Β 

Have you ever had a restaurant ask for your credit card before they give you the menu? He reserved a VIP table with bottle service. This isn't your corner bowling alley ordering a round of Blue lights.Β 

You have a point. I definitely prefer the bowling alley vibe though, but given my highbrow tastes, I’ll substitute Hayburners for the blue lights πŸ˜‚

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Don’t forget Travis Henry’s drug trafficking charges πŸ˜‚

But he ran like a β€œ bowling ball with knives” … from law enforcement as well as opposing linebackersΒ 

• Haha (+1) 1

Tells type of forum this is with title "James Cook Accused Of Running Out On Nightclub tab" while other articles have titles have such as "Music venue squared away with Bills’ James Cook after filing police report over unpaid tab".Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Venu, a music venue on W. Chippewa Street, released a statement Friday that characterized Cook leaving without paying last month as an accident. The 25-year-old Pro Bowler was β€œvery polite and respectful” while handing the situation and is welcome back, Venu added.

Β 

β€œUnfortunately, he forgot to pay his tab,” Venu said in a statement. β€œSince then, Mr. Cook has contacted us and fixed the situation and has been very polite and respectful. … There were no ill intentions. We are all human. What matters is how you handle it after, and Mr. Cook handled it very professionally!”

Β 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Saxum said:

Tells type of forum this is with title "James Cook Accused Of Running Out On Nightclub tab" while other articles have titles have such as "Music venue squared away with Bills’ James Cook after filing police report over unpaid tab".Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yeah, but I would not generalize that BS to this forum, but to the individual.

Β 

I think only a very small group of yahoos on here would do such a nasty, clearly misleading, BS thing.Β  At least I am hopeful of that..

Β 

Β 

• Agree 1

I believe in free speech, and to a great extent, as it is the foundation of our democratic way of life, our constitution based society.

Β 

But not in things that are clearly meant to mislead, incite, and are almost libelous.

Β 

I think the OP should be forced to change his topic title, or for the moderators to at least comment on it right in the topic.

Β 

We are in America, 2024, where too many people automatically believe what they see in print-- and no matter the source.Β  And this is especially true of the nasty,Β  libelous, scandalous things designed to incite.Β  They slurp it up, as if it had essential life giving nutrients.

Β 

Β 

16 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Β 

Yeah, but I would not generalize that BS to this forum, but to the individual.

Β 

I think only a very small group of yahoos on here would do such a nasty, clearly misleading, BS thing.Β  At least I am hopeful of that..

Β 

Β 

Β 

6 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

I believe in free speech, and to a great extent, as it is the foundation of our democratic way of life, our constitution based society.

Β 

But not in things that are clearly meant to mislead, incite, and are almost libelous.

Β 

I think the OP should be forced to change his topic title, or for the moderators to at least comment on it right in the topic.

Β 

We are in America, 2024, where too many people automatically believe what they see in print-- and no matter the source.Β  And this is especially true of the nasty,Β  libelous, scandalous things designed to incite.Β  They slurp it up, as if it had essential life giving nutrients.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

he can change it to "Cook ran out without paying $850 tab", for accuracy....

Β 

The guy paid after the cops were called. everyone says now it was all just a big mistake--we all forget an $850 tab now and then on teen night at Venu.Β  You should look up the meaning of "libel" on your computer.

Β 

There's nothing inaccurate or misleading about the OP title.Β  Settle down.

11 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

• Haha (+1) 1