James Cook Accused Of Running Out On Nightclub tab πŸ₯ƒ

GoBills!

33 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

A favorite old movie. Β My grandmother did that to me once, Once!

Β 

Almost as good as Marony, You fargin iceholes, ya da yada.

Β 

For the young guys, go rent on Apple for $2 as it’s like a gangster Airplane movie.

Β 

Β 

Great movie. Haven't watched it in years. Gonna have to give it a re watch sometime soon

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

According to the club, it's been settled.

Β 

Β 

I saw someone from the service industry comment that people getting smashed and forgotting to pay is a ridiculously common part of the business and typically gets resolved as it was here: the person returning apologetic once they've sobered up, settling the bill and both sides move on amicably.

• Like (+1) 2

Weird. Any bar I've been to you give a card and they hold it behind the bar. Worst case end of night they run it. I doubt his card bounced.

Β 

If I had to guess he's used to the same thing, they saw a VIP, started serving him as soon as he got recognized and didn't ask for a card from him. Dude gets smashed and leaves thinking he can grab it another day or call up tell them to put a nice tip on it and cancel card after it runs and tell them to toss it.

Β 

UGA aren't known for being scholars or choirboys, but he'd have to be incredibly dumb to think he'd pull a fast one as James Cook in America's smallest city

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

So Cook did a dine and dash.

Β 

Haven't we all done that ?

Β 

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone !

I've dashed without dining, does that count?

Β 

Story time: Β Went to a restaurant, was seated right away. Β We were near the kitchen door on the main path for all the servers to go back and forth. Β Waited 10-15 minutes (with menus) without a single person stopping to ask for our drink order or anything. Β Decided to just leave and go somewhere else. Β That place is no longer in business. Β 

47 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Weird. Any bar I've been to you give a card and they hold it behind the bar. Worst case end of night they run it. I doubt his card bounced.

Β 

If I had to guess he's used to the same thing, they saw a VIP, started serving him as soon as he got recognized and didn't ask for a card from him. Dude gets smashed and leaves thinking he can grab it another day or call up tell them to put a nice tip on it and cancel card after it runs and tell them to toss it.

Β 

UGA aren't known for being scholars or choirboys, but he'd have to be incredibly dumb to think he'd pull a fast one as James Cook in America's smallest city

Β 

There is only one place I go to that asks for a card up front. Β It’s somewhat annoying, but it guarantees some payment, and it gives them your name.Β 

Β 

EDIT: To be fair that’s at bars around town. If I’m at a tourist joint or meat market it might be different.Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I got surprised when a bar tender asked me for money before he served me a beer not that sign ago.

Β 

My thought is though good chance he got stiffed similar to this storyΒ 

Dont get out much, eh?

Β 

Seriously, I cant remember the last time I was in a bar and they didnt ask me for a credit card to "open a tab".

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I saw someone from the service industry comment that people getting smashed and forgotting to pay is a ridiculously common part of the business and typically gets resolved as it was here: the person returning apologetic once they've sobered up, settling the bill and both sides move on amicably.

So, of course, I dont know the entire story here.

Β 

But, to me, Venu comes off looking poorly for filing charges so quickly.

Β 

Lets face it, those bottle probably cost $100-150 wholesale.Β  So floating Cook the $$$ for a few weeks shouldnt put them out of business.

Β 

Seems to me they (Venu) should have made CERTAIN that Cook had been notified, and then given him a week or two before filing charges.

Β 

On the surface, they (Venu) seem like d!cks to me.Β 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have done this before, not $850 but I did go back and pay it back. Β I used to be a bartender and its the right thing to do.

Β 

Hopefully that isn't the only reason you think it's the right thing to do lol