Mack Hollins…not his fault!

LabattBlue

It’s not his fault BB signed a bunch of JAG’s WR’s worse than even him, and it is not his fault that Brady keeps trotting him out there for an unbelievable number of snaps week after week. 

He signed the contract and will cash the checks as long as they will have him. 

Good for him!  Go Mack Go!!!

He's the very worse version of Gabe Davis right now. But did anyone actually expect anything out Hollins?

If we are going to criticize someone in this offense it should be Kincaid. He has to be much better. The success of our offense was really relying on him to step up and be a top TE in this league. He has been anything but that. 

Still, it's just been a weird start to the season. 

Offense basically didn't posses the ball for the entire first half against the Cardinals. And then they didn't need to do anything on offense for the entire second half of the next two games against the Dolphins and Jags. So numbers could be down due to those reasons as well. 

I’m a Mack fan, and he is much better than Gabe imo.  Mack is an excellent #4 WR.  The problem is with the lack of healthy talent at WR, he’s forced up to #2.

Mac does lots of under the radar work, that makes plays successful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's a disaster of a WR crew this year, plain and simple. 

I like Cook, Kincaid, and Knox as weapons, but that doesn't work if you don't have any wide receivers to occupy the CBs. Teams just put their best coverage over Kincaid and he's neutralized. The safeties can ignore the wide receivers and cheat to Cook, Knox, Kincaid, and Allen when he takes off. 

Until Josh and any wideout show some chemistry and rhythm, I don't think it's going to change. 

Shakir and Samuel should be those guys, but even that is suspect. Hollins should be covering punts and blocking, while catching 1 or 2 passes a game. 

Edited by Captain_Quint
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

I’m a Mack fan, and he is much better than Gabe imo.  Mack is an excellent #4 WR.  The problem is with the lack of healthy talent at WR, he’s forced up to #2.

You also said that you’d rather have Mack Hollins on this team instead of Davante Adams. (Page 9 of the Adams thread for those of you looking for this generation’s Mario for Skelton).

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He's the very worse version of Gabe Davis right now. But did anyone actually expect anything out Hollins?

If we are going to criticize someone in this offense it should be Kincaid. He has to be much better. The success of our offense was really relying on him to step up and be a top TE in this league. He has been anything but that. 

Still, it's just been a weird start to the season. 

Offense basically didn't posses the ball for the entire first half against the Cardinals. And then they didn't need to do anything on offense for the entire second half of the next two games against the Dolphins and Jags. So numbers could be down due to those reasons as well. 

I was watching Bills Shout! They were saying Brady and Kincaid should review all of Kelce's routes, how does that guy get so open all of the time?

12 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

It's a disaster of a WR crew this year, plain and simple. 

I like Cook, Kincaid, and Knox as weapons, but that doesn't work if you don't have any wide receivers to occupy the CBs. Teams just put their best coverage over Kincaid and he's neutralized. The safeties can ignore the wide receivers and cheat to Cook, Knox, Kincaid, and Allen when he takes off. 

Until Josh and any wideout show some chemistry and rhythm, I don't think it's going to change. 

Shakir and Samuel should be those guys, but even that is suspect. Hollins should be covering punts and blocking, while catching 1 or 2 passes a game. 

This really sums it up well.  We have some nice weapons, but without a true top weapon, we're easy to defend.  If we had just one guy who DC's would have to focus on more (Diggs was that guy, maybe someone like Adams or even Cooper could be that guy), it would open things up more for everyone.

But we're too easy to defend right now. If we don't make any moves - which would kind of shock me, but of course it's possible - Coleman would really have to develop quickly, and we'd need everyone to stay healthy.

Edited by Success

6 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

I was watching Bills Shout! They were saying Brady and Kincaid should review all of Kelce's routes, how does that guy get so open all of the time?

No one covers him most of the time. It’s like he has a cloak of invisibility. Maddening. 

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

You can say the same about Davis. He was our #2 but should really be a #3 or #4 option. 

fact is right now Hollins is the very worse version of Gabe Davis. 

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Mack is getting paid $2.6m ……what expectations did you have for him based on that and his previous play ?

Seriously...  The guy has actually been a bit of a surprise for me with how well he has ran against man coverage.  His blocking is a +, and you dont normally put this guy into WR2 expectations.

I wish he caught that deep ball from Allen, but the guy is not on our list of problems right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He’s another in Beanes endless JAG WRs he picks up briefly and lets go.

This is how he has always addressed the WR room.  It’s bizarre 

Consistent mistakes. Here shortly because they don’t work out