DK Metcalf Frustrated On Sideline Video + Financials - Could Bills Afford him ?

I don’t see it happening either, but disagree with you Billl on the sizzle vs. steak.  Metcalf is a top tier WR and had average to above average QB’s, but not studs like Burrow, Mahomes, and and Josh.

It doesn’t matter as it’s much ado about nothing.  We’ll never get a chance at that trade.  We’ve tried before.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

There were legit Seattle reporters discussing the possibility that he could be traded at some point.  That was back in the summer, but still. 

If I'm looking at it right, Seattle saves $18 million on next years cap if he's traded 

And reportedly teams that called on Draft Day like the Steelers were told they weren't interested in moving him.

The Seahawks are 2nd in their division by tiebreaker and have the same record with the team in 1st. They don't have a losing record and aren't a team in rebuild or tear down mode that isn't expected to compete. So trading one of their key pieces now doesn't make any sense. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

If DK Metcalf is available for a trade, just think of how we will feel if the Chiefs got him. 

With that perspective , check your opinions about getting him for the Bills. I am all in on this one if the deal is there to be made. 

What have the Chiefs ever done to suggest they would even consider making a trade like this?  They traded Tyreek two years ago and have won two Super Bowls since.  They traded L’Jarius Sneed this offseason and are 5-0 since.  Juju and Kareem Hunt were free.  

I get the appeal, but the juice is rarely worth the squeeze.  Draft your studs and be strategic about filling in the gaps around them.  

He’s in the running for the most over rated player in the league, let somebody else fall on that sword.

I'm not saying he sucks, but he thinks he’s All Pro and he’s basically the Dak Prescott of WRs.

2 hours ago, Billl said:

He's a really good player, but he's always been more sizzle than steak, IMO.  Whatever it is that the greats have inside them just seems to be missing in him.  

Have you seen him with his shirt off?!?!  

• Shocked 1

43 minutes ago, Billl said:

I get the appeal, but the juice is rarely worth the squeeze.  Draft your studs and be strategic about filling in the gaps around them.  

No offense, but this sounds like something someone rooting for a team with Travis Kelce & Andy Reid would say. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

image.thumb.png.9cfb861eb336d6e7554f66bb4a50687a.png

His Cap hit this year is 15 million.... but the guaranteed $ is only $1,125,000

2025 he has $0 guaranteed $

For those who are smarter with the cap than me...

Is it feasible to acquire him in a trade before the deadline? 

Would SEA need to eat $ for this year? 

Under the assumption it is possible, what's your offer?

With the idea of extending his contract upon acquiring, I'd offer Seattle:

2025 1st, 2nd, 5th

2026 2nd, 4th 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love me some Metcalf, wanted him out of college.  Would be a grreat fit with Allen and Buffalo, a beast. 

BUT, huh??????

a 1st, two seconds, a 4th and a 5th???????????????????

What the heck are you talking about?????????

Who would ever, ever, give up anything close to that for him?????

I had to read that again and again, thinking I must be misinterpreting it. You are literally giving away what amounts to a full draft, a complete draft, for one player!  (Is this Mike Ditka? Please let me know.)

You better not ever become the Bills' GM!  They will have almost no good players, ever!

• Agree 1