Best back-up RB in franchise history  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Best back-up RB in franchise history

• Jim Braxton
    • Kenneth Davis
    • Robb Riddick
    • Ronnie Harmon
    • Other

It was Davis but I like Roland Hooks just because he has a cool name and I was at an age when heroes are real.

He scored 4 times in a half.  Plus I was there for the 1981 Hail Mary.  I'll never forget that.  Not many people left in the stadium and when it worked, we all went nuts.

Edited by notpolian
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Don't care what you call him, Fred Jackson might be my favorite Bill ever. At least top 5

Loved how hard he played no matter how many times they tried bringing someone in to replace him.  By far the player from the drought era I most wish could have been around for the success of the last few years.

Several already said it but Braxton was a FB so if we're excluding Cookie, he should be excluded plus he was a starter. How about Rosevelt Leaks! Ok, not being serious as he doesn't compare to Davis or Riddick, but on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 he was automatic.

Also, I thought Riddick was a starter? I'd likely put him ahead of Davis. 

Gotta be Preston Ridlehuber.  Came in without even a name on his back and threw a halfback option pass for a TD and the win. 

Also, Curtis Samuel has more yards rushing for the Bills than Duke Williams. Ray-Ray McCloud and Chris Hogan.   

• Like (+1) 1

OK.. maybe not the best, but Robb Riddick is worth noting.

He was the man Marv Levy called on for short yardage. He always got it. Wikipedia:

Because of his high-jumping ability, Riddick became a short-yardage weapon for the Bills in 1988. He scored 12 rushing touchdowns, all but three of which were from the opponent's 1-yard line; the longest of his rushing touchdowns was five yards. He added one TD reception and a blocked punt returned for a touchdown in the regular season plus one rushing TD in the Bills' playoff win over the Houston Oilers in the 1988 AFC Divisional Playoff Game to total 15 TDs that year, his final season of his NFL career.

1 hour ago, notpolian said:

It was Davis but I like Roland Hooks just because he has a cool name and I was at an age when heroes are real.

He scored 4 times in a half.  Plus I was there for the 1981 Hail Mary.  I'll never forget that.  Not many people left in the stadium and when it worked, we all went nuts.

Thanks for mentioning Hooks. 

And the comeback win wasn't just the Hail Mary as I'm sure you remember.   Hooks made a fantastic catch on a long pass before the Hail Mary to make the Hail Mary possible.   Perhaps my favorite series of plays by a backup RB ever.  Amazing.     

48 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Gotta be Preston Ridlehuber.  Came in without even a name on his back and threw a halfback option pass for a TD and the win. 

Also, Curtis Samuel has more yards rushing for the Bills than Duke Williams. Ray-Ray McCloud and Chris Hogan.   

Only 17 touches in his NFL career and yet it was a memorable one.  

Ridlehuber also scored a TD for the Raiders on a fumble return with 33 seconds left to win the infamous Heidi Bowl.