Happy 10th to the Pegulas!

BillsFan619

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The tale of two franchises.  

You have to give them credit for helping make the Bills a successful team and a contender.  

Similarly, they are the main reason the Sabres are dysfunctional bottom feeders.  

Makes you realize the importance of Beane and McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agreed.  They should have just let someone else buy it and move the team.  Not like many people would care, the NHL finals has less average TV views than the INDY 500.   

I think a lot of people would care, and I'm grateful to Golisano and the Pegulas for keeping the Sabres in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I think a lot of people would care, and I'm grateful to Golisano and the Pegulas for keeping the Sabres in Buffalo.

Grateful 13 years ago?  Sure.  Now…you have ruined this franchise, and I see no signs that you have got better as an owner, or the team is ready to become a yearly playoff team. 

12 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Did you have a choice in the matter? I don’t recall venturing out to the polling place to make my voice heard. 

Well, people are elected to make these decisions. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Grateful 13 years ago?  Sure.  Now…you have ruined this franchise, and I see no signs that you have got better as an owner, or the team is ready to become a yearly playoff team. 

If they do become a yearly playoff team, what do you think the odds are that people will be pissed if they don’t win the Stanley Cup. That seems to be how that goes. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m just glad we have a team. Maybe I’m holding on to old memories, but we were very close to relocation before Golisano stepped in.

As long as the team is here they can improve and become a winner. But if they ever relocate, then that is it. We will not get another team ever due to the population size of the area.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes and no.   He has his “yes man” Adams and in place, and he has around 6 mil cap dollars unused. 

This has taken on a life of it's own. "Proof" that Terry is cheap. Never mind all the players the Sabres tried to get to come here and said no. Also even with ^

Terry has a lifelong indulgence from me because if not for him, we'd be talking about how the Toronto Bon Jovis were gonna do Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This has taken on a life of it's own. "Proof" that Terry is cheap. Never mind all the players the Sabres tried to get to come here and said no. Also even with ^

Terry has a lifelong indulgence from me because if not for him, we'd be talking about how the Toronto Bon Jovis were gonna do Sunday.

Or about the Las Vegas/Seattle/Utah Sabres.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Or about the Las Vegas/Seattle/Utah Sabres.

The Sabres weren't in quite the same danger as the Bills. You might recall Jim Balsillie of BlackBerry fame sniffing around the Sabres 15 years ago, wanting to move them to either Hamilton. Kitchener or London, ON. But Gary Bettman blocked him.

But we all know the vultures were circling the Bills when Ralph passed.

2 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Funny how people forget Pegula threatened to move the Bills to Texas if they couldn't NY tax dollars to fund a new stadium.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2021-08-02-bills-owners-threatens-to-move-team-to-texas-in-shocking-announcement/

Was that Pegula or Jerry Jones company Legends?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Sabres weren't in quite the same danger as the Bills. You might recall Jim Balsillie of BlackBerry fame sniffing around the Sabres 15 years ago, wanting to move them to either Hamilton. Kitchener or London, ON. But Gary Bettman blocked him.

But we all know the vultures were circling the Bills when Ralph passed.

Balsillie made at least 3 attempts to buy other NHL teams besides the Sabres but was rebuffed.  They didn't want him as an owner.